Kaladin
halamadrid2
Forza
60 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Empty Re: The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II

Post by Robespierre Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Anyway I think Serie A is not really bad for overall quality , you can find talents everywhere every year ( and even not in top clubs, I mean since Jovetic, Pastore to Dybala etc today .  ) , but it is bad for mentality of his clubs. I realize it when I compare him with other leagues   , and this is the main reason because Italian clubs play shit in Europe where even Juve has difficulties .
  Italian teams have problems in Europe also because in Europe even the weakest team , even a Trabzonsopor is organized and it attacks you with no awe, in Italy a small team faces Juve and Roma with inferiority complexes already before of match  and with anxiety of result , it thinks just to suffer tightened up his defence hoping in an improbable 0-0 , a mentality who doesn't help to grow all , even the top teams who meet a different football in Europe .
And infact I still remind Trabzonsor created more troubles to Juve under Conte ( it was a better Juve than this ) than 90% of Italian teams. Do you want to say me Trabzonspor has a better team than Udinese and others?
When I watch EPL matches I can even watch a Burnley playing his match organized at Eithad. In Italy there is the idea that if you try to game you are destined to lose 5-0 lol
You can play football and conceding less than you 'd concede if you start with the idea to park the bus for 90 minutes.
This is the real problem of Italian football imo .
Mentality who doesn't get results and it worsen the whole football, besides the only clubs to stop Juve in own stadium were Sampdoria and Inter this year , and oddly enough the only 2 clubs to attack  also in Juve stadium and not only defending . ( Roma also did it , but infact we know that  "controversial  " match . But I mean, this was the right attitude) . That done by most  clubs  is  caused by   " provinciale " mentality as we say in Italy . And it is worse than the "quality" imo .

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:55 pm

I couldn't agree more , Robes . Excellent points being made .

It's a general mentality issue and doesn't have to do only with quality , an issue which resides within the very core of Italian football . This kind of mentality you speak of , has also been repeatedly refreshed within the ranks of many fan bases in Serie A .

A big part of this , remain the coaches of Serie A . One may or may not like Benitez , but he wants his team to attack , all the time . For every Benitez in Serie A , there are 10 wannabe-Capello's . For every Zeman in Serie A , there are 10 other coatches who only care about the result .

This entire case also has to do with the expectations of the fans in Italy , it must be said , it is not just about coaches and general mentality . When you are Cagliari and play Inter , score from a set piece and then stop playing from thereafter , and it works.. yeah , the fans want that. When Cagliari plays good football against Roma but they lose 2-3 , or 2-4 , or 0-3 , yeah , the fans don't want that .

If you ask me and i agree with you , Serie A needs a refresh , in both what the Italian coaches practise and want from their teams , fans wanting good football to be an ideal equal to the result and a certain amount of injection and appreciation for coaches who demand good football from their teams .

Maybe then we can see Italian teams in Europe re-establishing lost ground and generally be considered a place where footballers want to be , and especially the best of them . It's not just money and old stadiums . Improve the source , the actual game and the rest will come with progress and improvement .

I must note at this point i don't see many steps towards there , it's been a slow process for a while . All of the rest big championships , La Liga , EPL , Bundes , have made a point of attractive football , of attacking to win rather defending not to lose. It's time Serie A catches up , it's nothing the Italian clubs cannot do .

Last edited by Dante on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Somebody should introduce Italian coaches to this fancy, new magical thing in the game called width. It's a magical concept where 99% of your attacking play is NOT carried out by your full backs but by these rare, pacey creatures called wingers.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 pm

reed. For example Mihajlovic came to Samp in the middle of the season when they were with one foot in Serie B and has made his team play attacking and propositive 4-3-3 football against everyone and. ended the season in a respectable midtable position and one year later they're third with the rueckrunde about to start and almost the same team he took over
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Do we still rate Cuadrado highly?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:47 pm

He was enough meh this year , but tbf  he hasn't many motivations because he didn't want to stay at Fiorentina this year and expecially .... Montella is deploying him as SS   ffs Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:48 pm

I still do. For 20m would sign him immediatelly. Gervinho-Cuardado on wings - that would be fun Very Happy
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:13 am

The only emergent Italian manager   rated by me  is Di Francesco, and not because he lives in my city smoking
He is Zeman school but he is not unprepared defensively . . Interesting ideas  .
Contrarily Stramaccioni is neither fish nor fowl for me atm  , extremely average, when you listen to talk him you understand he has very depth  knowledge ( I remind him as Sky pundit) but he doesn't show it in practice ... simply this is the difference    among theory and practice . He is as every other provinciale manager , victim of anxiety of the result in name of pragmatism. Probably he needed of begin from Serie B as Di Francesco exactly.... but we ' ll see, he is still young.
I am always been a fan of Sarri following him since Serie B but he is 56 ffs Laughing he is arrived late in Serie A.
Who saw Empoli this year ?  Empoli regista Mirko Valdifiori is playing a GOAT season , I was disappointed when I knew he is almost 29 lol
so basically he is the new Francesco Lodi.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Gil wrote:Do we still rate Cuadrado highly?
I've been hating on him since he's wasted that 3vs1 colossal chance against Brazil by passing it to Silva, him starting and Falcao's absence were the only reasons why Colombia didn't win the WC.

However he's a terrific dribbler, tremendously fast and his goals+assists for Fiore has been great considering that he has played many games out of position as a RB/LW/ST. He would be a huge improvement over Salah and we would finally pose a threat from our right flank equal to our left's which would improve our attack massively.

His buy-out clause is 35M Euro IIRC.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Sarri the GOAT
He is stopping even Roma in Coppa Italia with reserves ffs :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:53 pm

I thought Roma had this game done and dusted , but lol no. It's been a nice game for neutrals .

Iturbe could have finished the game last minute before the end , ffs what did he miss there . It wasn't at all easy and it was a commentable effort , but ffs he should have burried that in .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Dante wrote:I thought Roma had this game done and dusted , but lol no. It's been a nice game for neutrals .

Iturbe could have finished the game last minute before the end , ffs what did he miss there . It wasn't at all easy and it was a commentable effort , but ffs he should have burried that in .

the story of roma this season .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:35 pm

DDR Penalty puts Roma through :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:39 pm

the bow should be dedicated to referee tbh Laughing penalty kick definitely inexistent , Je suis Sarri ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm

Honourable shout to Empoli , they did better than i expected. Roma lacked that important part in the final third , either the final pass or the finishing . Empoli still did their best to stop them , though , it must be said .

Gave it their all and went out with their heads held high , hat's off to them.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:33 am

Katy Perry wrote:
I've been hating on him since he's wasted that 3vs1 colossal chance against Brazil by passing it to Silva, him starting and Falcao's absence were the only reasons why Colombia didn't win the WC.

However he's a terrific dribbler, tremendously fast and his goals+assists for Fiore has been great considering that he has played many games out of position as a RB/LW/ST. He would be a huge improvement over Salah and we would finally pose a threat from our right flank equal to our left's which would improve our attack massively.

confused confused Are you serious or just exagerating ? Cuadrado was a great asset for Colombia except against Brazil where they all struggled minus James.
I thought Willian was playing RW for you. I don't think Cuadrado is such an improvement worth + 30 millions. I think Willian is better suited to Chelsea's style than Cuadrado would be.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:50 am

It wasn't a penalty even CdS and Roma forums admit it, after that Juve game Roma really get help from the refs....

bad bad showing from Roma, with this kind of game the tittle is far away
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:01 am

Bénin wrote:
Katy Perry wrote:

confused confused Are you serious or just exagerating ? Cuadrado was a great asset for Colombia except against Brazil where they all struggled minus James.
I thought Willian was playing RW for you. I don't think Cuadrado is such an improvement worth + 30 millions. I think Willian is better suited to Chelsea's style than Cuadrado would be.
I'm always serious. If Cuadrado in a 3vs1 situation passed the ball to one of his two teammates and not to Thiago Silva, Colombia would've progressed and IMO won against Germany and Argentina.

Willian is good but not good enough, that's why at the start of the season every Chelsea fan hoped that after his heroics in the WC, Schuerrle would step up and be the owner of that right flank. I think Willian is more suited to the left, where he played with Shaktar, on the right his already poor end product is even meher, altho like I said he's a good player.

That match against Brazil aside, Cuadrado is a an actual RW and has a better end product than Willy, he always manages to beat his man and create an occasion against parked buses, he's faster than everyone we already have so he'd be devastating on the counter, has an insane workrate and can defend as he started the career as a RB and with him we will pose a much bigger threat from the right flank and everyone will benefit from that. Plus, unlike Willy, he's still very young and has a lot of room of improvement.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 am

The Guardian wrote:The father of Lazio’s Brazilian midfielder Felipe Anderson has been arrested over a suspected double homicide.

The it.eurosport.yahoo.com website reported that Sebastião Tomé Gomes, 51, turned himself in to Brazilian police after allegedly chasing a love rival, who was riding a motorbike, in his Fiat.

Both drivers then apparently lost control of their vehicles and crashed into a nearby house.

The motorbike rider died instantly, as did a 61-year-old woman who was asleep inside the house.

Felipe Anderson has been Lazio’s in-form player in recent weeks, having had five goals and five assists in his last five league games.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/13/lazio-felipe-anderson-father-arrested-suspected-double-homicide

WTF
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:19 am

Yea, terrible news for him.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:28 am

Katy Perry wrote:Yea, terrible news for him.

Terrible news for the women's families.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:23 am

Embarrassing game.

Needing a dubious penalty to beat frakking Empoli ffs Laughing

Destro and Astori once again awful. Destro keeps this up and we won't have to worry about losing him. We'll push him out the door ourselves for a good price.

On the other hand, I think we have a real player on our hands with Paredes. Second game in a row where he's been one of our best performers. Iturbe also looked very lively as well finally.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Previously on AMC's Calcio Saga...

This is the argentinian footballer Maxi Lopez and his wife Wanda Nara
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Maxi_l11

This is Mauro Icardi (right) asking an autograph to his football idol Maxi Lopez
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi10

Some years later, in the 12/13 season their path come across again and this time Icardi gets his life-dream come true, he gets to play in the same team of his idol Maxi Lopez at Sampdoria.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Maxi_l12

They get along very well and are always together when training.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi11

Maxi Lopez is Sampdoria's undisputed starting striker while Icardi is his understudy back-up. This until Maxi Lopez gets injured.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Maxi_l13

It's time for Icardi's first appearance, but it's the worst time possible. Sampdoria are on a 7 matches losing streaks and they're playing against the in-form local rivals Genoa in a derby that both teams's supporters were looking forward to for the whole year. Icardi plays a wonderful match propitiating an own goal and scoring one by himself.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi12
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Sampdo10

Maxi Lopez is about to return from the injury so that Samp's match against Juve at the Juventus Stadium is going to be the last for Icardi. The match starts terribly, Juventus is winning 1-0, Samp gets one man sent off and hardly gets to touch the ball. However in the second half Icardi steps up and scores two goals to Buffon out of nowhere and the game ends 1-2 for Samp.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi13

So Icardi benches Maxi for the rest of the season and ends it with a 10 goals tally, with the tenth being another goal to Juve and to Buffon.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi14

In the 13/14 they split up. Maxi Lopez's loan at Samp ends and returns to Catania and Icardi is requested by every top team in Italy and joins Inter but they still get in touch and have dinner together with each other's family.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Maxi_c10
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi15
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi16

Maxi's season is horrible, Catania is last with close to none hopes of escaping relegations and he's being benched, while Icardi scores another decisive goal to Juventus and Buffon The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi17

Apparently Icardi overtook Maxi's place on and off the pitch as Wanda replaces Maxi with his former friend and teammate and fanboy Icardi
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Mauro_10
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi18
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi19

Maxi Lopez is furious, he needs to take action. On the 2014 winter transfer window deadline he decides to return to Samp, the place where it all started, looking forward to get his revenge on the pitch in the Samp-Inter match that is going to take place in the next february.

So the day of Samp-Inter has come and the match is about to start, the players just need to do the usual handshakes, but what happens? Maxi does a Wayne Bridge on him and refuses to shake his hand!
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi20

Icardi scores the 1-0 and celebrates taunting his former fans
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi21

Maxi Lopez feels taunted too and in need to balance things out, so when the referee awards Sampdoria a penalty, he eradicates the ball from the designated PK taker. He misses it.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Maxi_l14

Then Maxi out of sheer anger throw himself in a horrible tackle against Icardi and gets redcarded. The match ends 4-0 for Inter with Icardi scoring another
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Maxi_l15

The 2014 ends terribly for Maxi. He loses his starting spot again to Okaka, a Fulham and Serie B flop at Sampdoria, joins Chievo and loses his starting spot there as well. Meanwhile Icardi  marries Wanda and posts picture on twitter with Maxi's kids. He asks them to call him "dad" as well.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi22
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi23
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Mauro_11

January 2015, Maxi Lopez knows that he can't take his revenge on Icardi sitting on Chievo's bench, so he decides to join Torino as they play against Inter in the same month. He started his career at Torino well scoring the 3-2 winner against Cesena away.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Maxi_t10

Meanwhile Icardi starts the 2015 with the umpteenth goal to Juventus and Buffon
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Icardi24

This is Alena Seredova, Buffon's ex wife. Apparently they split up because Gigi wasn't the only Buffon getting repeatedly penetrated by Icardi.
The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 8 Alena_10

Buffon and Maxi aren't the only victims here, many other husbands have complained about their's wife extramarital intercourses with Icardi to the point that here in Italy we have this say:
Se tua moglie torna a casa tardi, se la bomba Mauro Icardi
(if your wife comes home late, she's fornicating with Mauro Icardi)

Saturday 24th january there's going to be Inter VS Torino, Maxi VS Icardi. Who will prevail this time?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Katy Perry Proud  Best poster in GL imo :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender