McLewis
rwo power
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 23 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 am

Would Hillary have signed the same Iran deal as Obama?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:42 am

Probably. Her foreign policy is similar to his, domestic a bit more right. Overall the people voting for Hillary are the same ones that wish Obama could run for a third term.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:00 am

Cruijf wrote:Probably. Her foreign policy is similar to his, domestic a bit more right. Overall the people voting for Hillary are the same ones that wish Obama could run for a third term.

Her foreign policy is much rightwards than Obama. She is the most hawkish Democrat president in the last 50 years. She led the Libya War & now with her out, Kerry did a brilliant job not getting messed up in a war.

She is essentially a Republican in Foreign Policy, her hero is a war criminal & Murderer like Kissinger.

Domestically she is not a lot different than Obama but overall she is more moderate, less progressive, more of a flip-flopper & considered untrustworthy

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:01 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Tbh Hillary comes across as a very bland character. Young people supporting Bernie is pretty much the same as young people supporting Jeremy Corbyn in England. Both are quite alike in many ways

You gotta agree though. That victory speech last night was the best political speech in this country since Obama's stump speech:

Thats a game changing speech.

I am stumped how you consider it good, guess we have different opinions! 3-4 lies every minute, twisting reality & pretentiousness - Not authentic - I could not even watch the whole speech because of her phony comments - Really bad.

I am very progressive but I was a fan of Bill because he was real & authentic & could connect with people. He was a fabulous orator & was unapologetic about being a New Moderate Democrat(not progressive) - Hillary just lies & is a complete fraud & a robot who can't connect to people

BTW Hillary hates China more than any Dem & the Chinese hate as much, she always had a horrible relationship - So don't be surprised if she gets into a cold war or even bombs some islands in the South China Sea(given her history as a hawk).

You can google articles about Hillary's relationship with China & how the Chinese hate her.

Last edited by footyfan01 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:06 am

Democratic National Committee vice-chair Tulsi Gabbard resigned from her post on Sunday to endorse Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders.

“I think it’s most important for us, as we look at our choices as to who our next commander in chief will be, is to recognize the necessity to have a commander in chief who has foresight, who exercises good judgment,” Gabbard, a U.S. representative for Hawaii, said on MSNBC show “Meet the Press”.

Watch the video below via YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i_8aQIEUT8

This is big - She resigned as Vice-Chair, DNC after a 50 point Clinton win when the media said Sanders is done.

Takes guts considering how nasty the Clinton people & what they did with Clyburn & you look at the murders happening in the 90's in relations with Bill's victims.

She was the youngest Hawaii Rep at 21, served in Iraq, was a major in the army, youngest Congresswoman, currently Vice-Chair of DNC. She is only 34 now, unreal.

Hindu(Indian Origin) & a Samoan from Hawaii. This is big news as she has been fighting against DNC Chair DWS (Ex-Hillary Campaign Manager) for not scheduling enough debates & rigging the system

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:03 am

Don't care how Rubio matches up with Hillary, because he's not winning.

It's wrapped up, Hillary vs Trump in the general election. No way Trump wins though.

Congratulations to Hillary, first female president. Will want to shoot myself in the gut when I go vote for her
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 am

Dont know if it will be Trump. If it is then its an easy victory for Hillary

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 am

footyfan01 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Tbh Hillary comes across as a very bland character. Young people supporting Bernie is pretty much the same as young people supporting Jeremy Corbyn in England. Both are quite alike in many ways

You gotta agree though. That victory speech last night was the best political speech in this country since Obama's stump speech:

I am stumped how you consider it good, guess we have different opinions! 3-4 lies every minute, twisting reality & pretentiousness - Not authentic - I could not even watch the whole speech because of her phony comments - Really bad.

I am very progressive but I was a fan of Bill because he was real & authentic & could connect with people. He was a fabulous orator & was unapologetic about being a New Moderate Democrat(not progressive) - Hillary just lies & is a complete fraud & a robot who can't connect to people

BTW Hillary hates China more than any Dem & the Chinese hate as much, she always had a horrible relationship - So don't be surprised if she gets into a cold war or even bombs some islands in the South China Sea(given her history as a hawk).

You can google articles about Hillary's relationship with China & how the Chinese hate her.

She hit the flint water crisis, police/cop brutality,opportunity, feminism maternity/equal pay issues, and even what she feels as a mother to say the least while framing herself on the exact opposite of the Trump on the positivity spectrum from his speech in South Carolina. It was the best I had seen her speak in a long time. You mention her Husband, and it was pretty close to how he would captivate the crowds.  I think that speech was a changing point for her.

I wouldnt be shocked if Hillary had hate in her heart for China and Chinese, but I do know she wished all the Chinese AMERICAN people(and people who aren't Chinese) Happy new years via email, and even traditional mail down here. To the dismay of many people on youtube she even posted a video to celebrate lunar new year:

My particular group does not celebrate that holiday, but it is a big deal to huge huge chunk of Asian Americans.

Like,that is the commitment to Asian Americans I like from Hillary. Not just complaining about our distant cousins, not fortunate enough to have the opportunity to live here, getting cheap jobs in their home nation. She didnt have to do that. We make up diddly squat of a voting block in the states for the most part until you get to California far west in a couple of months,  but here she was giving Something. Sincere or not it is something.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

She hit the flint water crisis, police/cop brutality,opportunity, feminism maternity/equal pay issues, and even what she feels as a mother to say the least while framing herself on the exact opposite of the Trump on the positivity spectrum from his speech in South Carolina. It was the best I had seen her speak in a long time. You mention her Husband, and it was pretty close to how he would captivate the crowds.  I think that speech was a changing point for her.

I wouldnt be shocked if Hillary had hate in her heart for China and Chinese, but I do know she wished all the Chinese AMERICAN people(and people who aren't Chinese) Happy new years via email, and even traditional mail down here. To the dismay of many people on youtube she even posted a video to celebrate lunar new year:

My particular group does not celebrate that holiday, but it is a big deal to huge huge chunk of Asian Americans.

Like,that is the commitment to Asian Americans I like from Hillary. Not just complaining about our distant cousins, not fortunate enough to have the opportunity to live here, getting cheap jobs in their home nation. She didnt have to do that. We make up diddly squat of a voting block in the states for the most part until you get to California far west in a couple of months,  but here she was giving Something. Sincere or not it is something.

Isn't it ironical that all this is coming before the polls when she as Secretary of State or in 2008 could have done this. These are her teleprompter rehearsed speeches btw.

As for Asians, Bernie has huge support - I know many Indian American Canvassing for Bernie because they know that Bernie would not go into endless wars & will be an honest person & genuinely try.

In the end it boils down to where you want your country headed - One where the President will fight for Free College, Healthcare, Family Leaves, Renewable Energy & equitable distribution of wealth & without being bought by billionaires & corp orates.

You try for a loaf of bread, you get half, you try for a quarter & you get nothing.

You're a young person I suppose - Your vote will determine the future of other young persons (80-85% of whom are fighting in the street for the Change they want for a truly progressive, peace loving candidate). Think long n hard & discuss with your sister why she is supporting Sanders before taking the decision

BTW are you aware that Sanders's grand-children are adopted & they are all Chinese?

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:59 pm

when will this farce end
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:50 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Do I understand that right, that the next US election will be very much Hillary vs Trump? o_O
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:16 am

rwo power wrote:Do I understand that right, that the next US election will be very much Hillary vs Trump? o_O

This USA. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 am

rwo power wrote:Do I understand that right, that the next US election will be very much Hillary vs Trump? o_O

Yes.

In 2 weeks, any last doubts could be removed, should Trump win Florida over Rubio.

A year ago, or even 6 months ago, I'd never have thought Trump could actually make it.
I'd have laughed at the thought that this was seriously happening.
This is a kind of departure from precedent, when the republicans usually went for establishment and electability in the very end.

I'm going to go ahead and say he's got no chance in hell of winning the GE, but then that's what I said about the primary last year too Laughing

President Trump ffs Laughing

That would literally be Idiocracy become true Laughing

not funny at all rofl rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:48 am

Europeans laughing at this but Trump's campaign is basically a European styled right wing populist campaign.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:43 am

We're not so much laughing at the campaign, but at Trump ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:04 am

Trump is a better candidate than those far right lunatics Rubio and Cruz. believe it or not, apart from his immigration stance, he's actually pretty moderate compared to other Republicans.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:28 am

I might prefer president Trump to Cruz. I do, actually. I really dislike Rubio but I would probably prefer him to Trump.

Problem though is that Rubio is someone who is weak and can be controlled, and will likely be controlled by higher powers (read: those with a lot of money). He would be a bit of a muppet imo. This could be very problematic, as puppet presidents are capable of very bad things. However, I see it as less of a risk than an out of control lunatic like Trump being president. Rubio is controlled by big money, Trump is big money. For that reason, combined with his ineptitude and lack of experience, combined with his ego and personality...for me, Trump is someone dangerous to have as president on the national security front. Rubio is not quite as much.

To me, that's what worries me most about Trump. That's what some of the other candidates don't have (Kasich, Rubio). Cruz however is not preferable to Trump because he's actually just a far right wackjob

It's all useless talk though, he's going to get smashed by Hillary.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:38 am

What are you guys on about Laughing this is not about issues, it'd about who Trump is. Trump is running on a xenophobic campaign (Mexico sending their rapists, ban all Muslims, refusal to disavow the KKK, refusal to say internment if Japanese Americans was wrong, etc). He has used the secret service to attack a press member. He encourages violence in his supporters, and when they go ahead an almost kill someone he passes it off as them being too passionate.

Who cares if Trump is to the left of the rest in some issues? He is a bigot and he is dangerous.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:28 am

I mean, that's not far off what I'm saying, just in a different manner.

Though I maintain that he's still preferable to Cruz. Cruz is just as dangerous if not more. He's just not outright about it
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What are you guys on about Laughing this is not about issues, it'd about who Trump is. Trump is running on a xenophobic campaign (Mexico sending their rapists, ban all Muslims, refusal to disavow the KKK, refusal to say internment if Japanese Americans was wrong, etc). He has used the secret service to attack a press member. He encourages violence in his supporters, and when they go ahead an almost kill someone he passes it off as them being too passionate.

Who cares if Trump is to the left of the rest in some issues? He is a bigot and he is dangerous.

The rest are just as racist as Trump. They are just better at hiding it behind coded language. These are the same people who have bought into allowing people to think that Obama is a secret Kenyan Muslim and not a legitimate President. Completely fine with denying him his constitutional right to appoint a Scotus. They deny that our criminal justice system has any issues with institutional racism. Ted Cruz has actually tried to move to the right of Trump on immigration recently. If any of them got into office, they'd immediately enact numerous racist policies and are too scared to chase the bigotry of the party out. Not doing that over the last 50 years is exactly why the majority of Republicans are OK with Trump.

Overall, Trump is probably less dangerous than Ted Cruz. He actually thought that Trump saying he wouldn't let people die on the streets from not having health care was a way to attack him.

But it doesn't matter anyway. 2016 will be the largest minority voting electorate in history. You cannot win on the white vote alone any more. And Trump/Cruz if he can pull it out some how will get destroyed, and lose to Hillary for the same reason as to why Bernie is getting destroyed by Hillary.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Pretty much agree with everything you said there vendetta
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Overall, Trump is probably less dangerous than Ted Cruz. He actually thought that Trump saying he wouldn't let people die on the streets from not having health care was a way to attack him.

How could this possibly be true? Cruz is farther to the right, yes, but he's not condoning violence from his supporters, he's does not have the support of the KKK, etc.

If Cruz wins America will have 4 years of a conservative guy that panders to conservatives, might regress on social issues, etc but at least he seems to have respect for the values of the constitution. If Trump wins the Republican party will be remade into a populist, xenophobic coalition giving America their own version of Trump, Berlusconi or Farage. The later seems like the much less desirable outcome.

Also the odds give him a 30% chance of winning the presidency, which is not an insignificant amount.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

How could this possibly be true? Cruz is farther to the right, yes, but he's not condoning violence from his supporters, he's does not have the support of the KKK, etc.

If Cruz wins America will have 4 years of a conservative guy that panders to conservatives, might regress on social issues, etc but at least he seems to have respect for the values of the constitution. If Trump wins the Republican party will be remade into a populist, xenophobic coalition giving America their own version of Trump, Berlusconi or Farage. The later seems like the much less desirable outcome.

Let me just say that I think Lindsey Graham put it best in deciding between the two "It's like choosing between being shot or poisoned, does it really matter?"

But heres Jimmy Carter giving his thoughts here.

Trump being known as this xenophobic racist is a new thing. At least media wise, he was just that billionaire goofball with the hair who put his name on everything. He was basically a democrat too, if you look up his views on various subjects. Him being known as a racist really didn't start until 2012 when he toyed with the idea of running and pulled that Birther stuff on Obama being born in Kenya. And it only got worse from there as he sensed opportunity.

Trump doesn't have the political training that other conservatives do to disguise their racism. We wouldn't just "might" regress on social issues under Cruz, they would 100% get worse. And he might be better at actually accomplishing the goals he wants. Trump has put guys like Paul Ryan, (whom NOTHING will get done without his approval) in a spot where he can in absolutely no way approve of Trumps proposals. Paul Ryan will not in any way approve of legislation like "Ban all muslims", it's so obvious that it'll get know where. Where as Ted Cruz would likely be able to pass legislation almost just as offensive but has necessary things in place to be able to spin it as being more socially acceptable. Ryan will not have the political capitol to be obstructionist against someone like Cruz like he would with Trump
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:09 pm

At this point anyone who supports the GOP are 1. WASP'S who are racist but don't say it outloud (calling minorities free-loaders instead of blacks/Mexicans or closing off the country to muslims) 2. Genuine idiots who think trickle-down economics works despite big corporations getting taxed next to nothing due to offshoring money and hoarding cash. Aka, the poor person who thinks they are temporarily poor. 3. People with an IQ probably lower then 70 who believe in God, Guns, and anything a douche like Trump would say

Honestly, who cares about the GOP and the "lesser evil". They're all thugs. Anyone who says my family can't come to this country due to them being from a predominantly muslim country can go rot in hell.

Do you guys know how it feels when I hear people tell me disgustingly racist remarks about arabs (yep, that includes pretty much any brown people to them) and muslims? It's horrible. It's pure racism. All of my family are hard working, fair people. And yet, I'm pretty sure we'd get stereotyped A LOT if people knew about our heritage. Of course, they quickly shut up once they find out I'm not Hispanic but Algerian.

That's just one issue.

Lets not talk about the crazed anti-abortion christians
Lets not talk about religion which has no place in the world
Lets not talk about an unlivable minimum wage
Let's not talk about conservatives walking in the streets with AK47's thinking that is somehow a correct interpretation of the 2nd amendment
The illegalization of therapeutic drugs such as mdma, marijuana, lsd.. nope still illegal. Meanwhile Alcohol and Cigarettes kill millions every year.

The sooner people learn to think for themselves the better this country will be. The far right society in the US will die, at least, I hope it will for our sakes.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Sadly you're missing a huge voting bloc, that is:
4) People so desillusioned by the established candidates that they feel a vote for Trump is the only way to not feed into the "machine" of usual politics, where Hillary is just as much a part of the establishment as Jeb! or Rubio.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next