Kick
dostoevsky
Kaladin
Forza
Dante
47 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 30 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Dante Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:39 am

Il Diavolo wrote:To play the devil's advocate, the Genoa relationship hasn't been the worst thing in the world. We got Antonelli and Kucka for next to nothing and they have been doing really well.

Also Genoa played a big part in Niang's resurgence. He probably would've moved on otherwise. Suso has been doing well as well, though it's too early to say anything for him right now.

They also took Cerci off of our hands. Which I couldn't be more grateful for.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have a relationship with a club like this. In a way they act like an AC Milan B.

That said, there is no question about Galliani's mismanagement. And I agree with Dante, that a buyout seems like the only way we can get rid of Galliani as well, since Berlusconi will stick with him until his last breath.

I don't get why he doesn't just *bleep* retire and go live on an island or some shit. You have been doing this for like 30 years. Move on Adriano.

Of course , it's not all negatives . The question is , do the positives outweigh the negatives ? Is this the best we could really do after all , focus so much on Genoa material ? Obviously not , but Galliani would tell us what he told Zamparini once , "he lacks the means these days". But even this , his final defense , said argument was well buried in the summer .

Right , Galliani must be making some money from all these Genoa deals , i don't know how he does it and i can't prove it , but this particular relationship is something i've yet to see elsewhere in football . Clubs and officials maintain good relationships too , but nothing of such extend .

And let's not forget the most hilarious thing in this Galliani-Preziosi relationship. Passed on both Milito and Motta for them to sign for Inter rofl And like ok , we didn't need Motta really . But Milito ? Nah , no need , keep Borriello as your main 9 and buy Huntelaar because big name .

rofl

I think missing on these two / likely Milito , had a profound effect on Galliani , i've come to believe he was likely offered these players and passed . Before that was what , just Borriello ? I don't remember any other deal prior to Borriello and he was a relatively known quantity , he was with us in 03-04 , also was doing well in 07-08. Right , next summer Inter signs these two , goes on to rekt us domestically , especially Milito , and also win the CL . Galliani then proceeds to work very closely with Preziosi almost in every transfer window , i wonder why Proud

At least he had the common sense to sign El Shaarawy , even for 18m . That's literally the best thing that ever came from all of this . Because for almost every Antonelli , there's a Constant to go with it .

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 30 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Dante Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:01 am

Katy Perry wrote:Well Galliani did resign a couple of years ago with Maldini ready to replace him. It was almost confirmed until Berlusconi intervened and persuade him to desist.
I'm not sure when he'll leave Milan. Probably he'll be there for a while, for as long as Silvio is there most likely.

Also, yea, it's clear that Galliani finds carnal pleasure to make business with Genoa.
For instance, when Genoa bought KVP from Portsmouth and Milan bought him from Genoa in the same transfer window a few weeks later without him playing any games for double the price Proud

I guess this relationship has some pros, like if Genoa actually has a gem Milan would be in a more favorable position than the other contenders, and if Milan wants to offload an undesired player they will be glad to pick him up. But yea relying on buying their players as a primary source to improve the team get back to CL football is far fetched and flat out incompetent.

It was confirmed back when this sharade ended that he would stay at Milan as long as he wanted , and only as far as Berlusconi was in charge . Truth is , despite the rightful criticism , he has the right to have a monstrous ego . I remember saying this back then , even when i wanted to , you can't really expect him to be 2nd to anyone else other than Berlusconi at Milan . So yes , unless health forces him  , he will leave when Silvio does .

For Boateng , well nobody cared back then tbh , it wasn't that much anyway . Besides , iirc there were reports this happened , apparently , because Portsmouth asked a lot from Milan months prior , hence the scheme with Genoa . Or , could it be the difference ended in his pocket and Preziosi's , i wonder rofl

2nd part of what you said has already happened , with El Shaarawy for example . Everyone wanted him but we got him , mostly thanks to Galliani-Preziosi . Didn't come cheap of course , but we were in front . Finally i agree you can't compete with so much Genoa material , it's frankly ridiculous it goes on to this extend even today. It's not just incompetent , Galliani is fully delusional , i mean even Barbara with a shred of football experience compared to Galliani and she realizes our target is only EL , and Galliani still believes in 3rd place rofl

And here i am given the opportunity to comment on something , very briefly ; no one ever set out to build a 3rd place team and succeeded . You set out to build a league winning team and worst case scenario will be a 3rd place finish. If you set out for 3rd... yeah that's something only us and Inter invented , just to excuse our incompetency Laughing

For example , you see Roma , they are trying to build a team that will win the league and they have players that came close. It will be them who will finish 3rd , even if they obviously don't have a chance to win the league .

If Milan wants to guarantee 3rd place , you don't start to build a team that will truly target the 3rd place ; you build a team that can win the league and even if we fail , 3rd place will be the worst we can do . That's how it always was for us , but these days , it's really easy to spot the incompetency , just going by what they say is enough .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Dante wrote:
And here i am given the opportunity to comment on something , very briefly ; no one ever set out to build a 3rd place team and succeeded . You set out to build a league winning team and worst case scenario will be a 3rd place finish. If you set out for 3rd... yeah that's something only us and Inter invented , just to excuse our incompetency Laughing

For example , you see Roma , they are trying to build a team that will win the league and they have players that came close. It will be them who will finish 3rd , even if they obviously don't have a chance to win the league .

If Milan wants to guarantee 3rd place , you don't start to build a team that will truly target the 3rd place ; you build a team that can win the league and even if we fail , 3rd place will be the worst we can do . That's how it always was for us , but these days , it's really easy to spot the incompetency , just going by what they say is enough .

Yea, you're absolutely right. I didn't express my thoughts properly.

I agree that in order to be a team of stable CL football status you need to be a Serie A powerhouse first that challenges for the title and has CL football as a fall back, like Juve in the last 5 years, Roma with Garcia before the implosion this season, what Sarri's Napoli looks like to become.

Of course if you have a strong second half of the season and your competitors for that last CL place choke you might still end up taking it, like Samp in 09/10, Udinese 10/11 and 11/12, Lazio last season. Even Milan in 12/13 with pretty much the same squad that ended 8th and 10th the following two years. It could very well happen this season too as far as I'm concerned, but yea, it wouldn't mean that Milan is a Serie A powerhouse and has guaranteed CL football in the next years.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/79749/galliani-nocerino-almost-done
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:31 pm

cheers
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:01 pm

cheers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Katy Perry wrote:
Dante wrote:

Yea, you're absolutely right. I didn't express my thoughts properly.

I agree that in order to be a team of stable CL football status you need to be a Serie A powerhouse first that challenges for the title and has CL football as a fall back, like Juve in the last 5 years, Roma with Garcia before the implosion this season, what Sarri's Napoli looks like to become.

Of course if you have a strong second half of the season and your competitors for that last CL place choke you might still end up taking it, like Samp in 09/10, Udinese 10/11 and 11/12, Lazio last season. Even Milan in 12/13 with pretty much the same squad that ended 8th and 10th the following two years. It could very well happen this season too as far as I'm concerned, but yea, it wouldn't mean that Milan is a Serie A powerhouse and has guaranteed CL football in the next years.

You didn't necessarily say anything wrong hmm

Agreed with the rest . Sure we could somehow fluke a 3rd place finish , won't last though . It won't even be real progress , the kind of progress we seemingly saw in 2010-2011 but well ended with the sales of Silva and Ibra.

Tbh , that Fininvest punishment near the end of 2010-2011 season was a huge blow for Milan ... it was like what , half a billion Berlusconi was punished ? Milan paid dearly for it that summer , instead of finally putting the last finishing touches and go for everything , we got Taiwo's e.t.c , the only reason we actually lost the scudetto next season ..

Anyway . With Galliani in charge and if lack of funds persist , Europa League is where it's at . Milan isn't meant for the Europa League , but going by quality and effort Milan always were better than that in the first place . We always deserved to be in the Champions League . We don't , currently .

M99 wrote:http://www.football-italia.net/79749/galliani-nocerino-almost-done

cheers
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:40 pm

We need to do good in the EL as well for the sake of the club's coefficient, i'm guessing we might be in pot 3/4 now? Laughing Dunno, but if we ever do get back in the CL, especially with the new format of league leaders. We need to notch it up to pot 2 to secure a decent group, its much easier to get a group of death nowadays
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Nocerino's contract has been rescinded. Good bye Antonio.

Also apparently Chelsea are willing to pay 60m for Bacca, and Barca are scouting Romagnoli... Not another Ibra - Silva please.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Hopefully not..

Anyways, Locatelli has been promoted to the senior squad in Nocerino's stead, anyone seem/know the kid? I remember Galliani (or was it Inzaghi?) who said he was the most talented kid in the primavera or something along those lines
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Never seen him.

As for Chelsea going for Bacca, if they actually bid 60m tbh I'd take it in a heartbeat. I agree I don't like the idea of us getting raided again a la PSG but 60m is much more than Bacca is worth, we could get an equivilant striker and still have money left for reinforcements.

Granted, the striker market seems a bit thin right now, but I wouldn't have thought Bacca would be this good when we bought him. If we can get another smart pickup like that it would be well worth it to take the money and run.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Il Diavolo wrote:Nocerino's contract has been rescinded. Good bye Antonio.

Also apparently Chelsea are willing to pay 60m for Bacca, and Barca are scouting Romagnoli... Not another Ibra - Silva please.

Anotha day , anotha sale by Galliani

As for the 2nd part ; there's always a chance if we don't make the CL . If we don't even get EL , then it's guaranteed we're selling at least someone . That said , i don't think we're going to sell Romagnoli , not to Barcelona not to anybody. Not this summer at least . But if Chelsea do come with 60m for Bacca , i think even if we did make the CL , we would probably sell . 60m for a 30 year old player .. it's not something that comes every day .

Anyway , 60m seems too much to me . To be honest , as far as we do our part and secure a place in a european competition , i will rest somewhat easy . If then Bacca wanted to leave , then we will get a very good amount in any case , and if not , there's nothing to worry about , no matter what Chelsea or anyone offers. What's critical is we return to european games next season . If we don't , selling Bacca will be justified , no matter how much we will complain about it . In any case , i want Bacca to keep playing for us in the coming years , by all means .

ES wrote:Hopefully not..

Anyways, Locatelli has been promoted to the senior squad in Nocerino's stead, anyone seem/know the kid? I remember Galliani (or was it Inzaghi?) who said he was the most talented kid in the primavera or something along those lines

Both talked about him , Galliani this season , Pippo last season . I brought him up myself a few pages back . I think i saw him on the bench last game too . I watched some highlights of him not too long ago , he has a decent first touch and can pass the ball well almost anywhere , seems good under pressure (primavera pressure obvs) , seems like a strong lad for his age . Kinda , a little , reminded me of Montolivo at Fiorentina , even it it was mostly style , not sure how well you may take that one Proud

He's definitely a promising one and definitely ready for the first team , yet it's quite soon for insightful talk about him . I do however think he will be better than Cristante.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:35 pm

Cruijf wrote:Never seen him.

As for Chelsea going for Bacca, if they actually bid 60m tbh I'd take it in a heartbeat. I agree I don't like the idea of us getting raided again a la PSG but 60m is much more than Bacca is worth, we could get an equivilant striker and still have money left for reinforcements.

Granted, the striker market seems a bit thin right now, but I wouldn't have thought Bacca would be this good when we bought him. If we can get another smart pickup like that it would be well worth it to take the money and run.

Have to disagree. We got really lucky with Bacca. He wasn't even our first choice. We missed out on Jackson Martinez (who had a really crappy six months at Atletico and is playing in China now...) and that's when we went for Bacca. And he's proven to be a great fit for our team and has adapted to the style of play in Italy really quick.

In this market, it's hard to say what players are "worth". Especially when we're talking about clubs like Chelsea, who have payed ridiculous amounts for players who are not "worth" the amount.

If we sold Bacca for 60m, I don't expect the money to be reinvested. Instead as Berlusconi said, we need cutbacks, so the money would probably go towards that. Maybe Galliani will sign a decent replacement for around 30m or so, and maybe it works out. But there is also the chance of Galliani pulling some bs like saying Menez is a new signing, or signing Balotelli permanently.

And if we do sign a replacement, there is always the chance of a flop (like Jackson Martinez at Atletico).

We need to hold on to our players if we are serious about getting back into the CL. Bacca is our best player and selling him is not a good idea IMO even for 60m.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Berlusconi's recent interview with GDS. It seems to be a pretty honest discussion regarding Milan's current situation, the future of the club (competitive goals, stadium plans, foreign investment), as well as some reminiscing of the best moments in Milan's history. It's nice to see his renewed interest in the club. Hopefully this is symbolic of the club's resurgence to greatness.

Q: What rating would you give to your 30 years at Milan?

A: Our goal was to make it a 10, but given how things have gone I would say more than 10. The past 30 years have been magical. We've won more than everyone. We now have 363 million fans over the world. And most of all our love for Milan has filled our heart with joy.

Q: What was the best day over the past 30 years?

A: There have been many. The 4-0 victory in Barcelona over Steaua Bucharest for the first European Cup win was unforgettable. I?ll never forget seeing the Camp Nou filled with Rossoneri flags. Every Milan supporter, not just the team, won that cup. However the two finals in Athens are also unforgettable, for different reasons.

Q: Is there one you would like to forget?

A: The comeback by Liverpool in Istanbul, as we incredibly lost the Champions League final after leading 3-0 after the first half. We already forgot about it thanks to the two goals by Pippi [Inzaghi] in the final against Liverpool two years later. The Champions League final from 1993 still leaves a bitter taste. We arrived having won every match in that competition, 10 for 10. We lost 1-0 against Marseille.

Q: If you could go back would you change anything?

A: I wouldn't change what I want from the team, which is to always dominate when on the field, and to win while playing good football.

Q: What was the most important decision that you made.

A: Becoming responsible for Milan and giving it the mandate of becoming the most successful team in the world. A goal that seemed impossible according to everyone.

Q: Who gave the orders to have the team leave the pitch against Marseille?

A: It wasn't premeditated. Adriano Galliani explained to me what happened. I remember that we accepted the heavy sanctions from UEFA. Newspapers wrote that Milan?s winning run was over, but it was just the beginning.

Q: Which coach are you most fond of?

A: Arrigo Sacchi reminds me of the great opening years. However I have a great friendship with Carlo Ancelotti and Fabio Capello.

Q: Which star would you like to see on the field again?

A: I would like to see all of our stars. From Marco van Basten, who left football too soon, to Franco Baresi, our captain. Then there is Dejan Savicevic, Ronaldinho, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Costacurta, Mauro Tassotti, Roberto Donadoni, Daniele Massaro, George Weah, Ruud Gullit, Andriy Shevchenko and Kaka. I can't name them all. However I am fond of all of them and I was like an older brother for many of them. I would like to add that Milan are the only club to have three players on the podium for the Ballon d'Or [In 1988 and 1989.

Q: You always want Milan to be fighting for the Scudetto and the Champions League. What is it like to see the club not fighting for those goals?

A: Maybe we aren't as far away from that as people thought. I was busy with several things off the field, but now I'm focused on what is happening on the pitch. We aren't just working on the present, as we are trying to build a team that can win in the future. I am sure we will accomplish that. Over the years we have made eight Champions League finals. The goal is to reach 10 within the next five year.

Q: Gianluigi Donnarumma is the most promising youngster Milan currently have. Are you worried that foreign teams will sign him?

A: Donnarumma is just one of several youngsters we have and I hope he will remain with us for 20 years.

Q: Your daughter Barbara recently said that the goal is to make the Europe League. On the other hand, Galliani said it is the Champions League. Is that confirmation that they see things differently?

A: It shows that they both care for the club. Despite her age, Barbara reasons like a manager while Adriano is more or a fan. They are both right. It's clear the Europe League is more within our reach. Over my career I've always set myself goals that might be out of reach, but I've always achieved them.

Q: If Milan don't qualify for Europe, would winning the Coppa Italia be enough?

A: It wouldn't be enough, but it would be important. Winning is always nice, and a Coppa Italia triumph would guarantee a place in Europe.

Q: Is it true that before signing Mihajlovic you turned down the chance to sign Maurizio Sarri?

A; When you pick someone it means that the other candidates are overlooked. Even ones that you have respect for like Sarri.

Q: Clarence Seedorf, Filippo Inzaghi and now Mihajlovic: three coaches in three seasons. Isn't that too much?

A: I would prefer three Champions League finals in three seasons.

Q: Thirty years ago you said that football is great because more than money is needed to win. That?s a phrase that describes Milan currently.

A: I agree with that, however we've shown that we can build a strong team while investing money. I've invested more than 1.2 billion on Milan over the past 30 years.

Q: What goes through your mind thinking that 30 years ago you bought Milan and they were third, and they now sit in sixth?

A: We can?t always in. I bought Milan during one of their worst periods. In the five years prior they participated in Serie B twice, and the other three they finished in 14th, sixth and fifth. The fact that Milan are in sixth today garners attention. It's weird for fans given that we've finished in the top three 20 times over the past 30 years.

Q: If a deal for Mr Bee isn?t concluded by the end of the season will you look to negotiate with others?

A: My goal is to help Milan. Investors with limitless resources have entered the world of football so it is difficult to remain competitive. That is why we believe fresh resources are needed.

Q: Is it true that your daughter Marina wants you to sell the club entirely?

A: That is not true. She always tells me to follow my heart and my heart continues to beat for Milan.

Q: Barbara was heavily involved in talks for a new stadium. What will happen with the San Siro?

A: San Siro is part of our glorious history. The attachment Milan fans have for it is profound. Owning a stadium appears to be key, so Barbara has the right idea. However unforeseen issues arose. We will continue to play at San Siro, but we won't give up on looking at alternatives.

Q: The fans are upset with Galliani for bringing back players like Mario Balotelli and Kevin-Prince Boateng, after renewing Philippe Mexes? and Nigel de Jong's contract. Were those errors?

A: Why were they errors? Boateng came back and has shown a lot of desire, and he has done well so far. Balotelli has some injury woes. If he can avoid the mistakes he made in the past then he can help us.

Q: What gift would you like for your 30 years?

A: I would like to eat with the team at Milanello on Saturday. I will use that opportunity to speak with Mihajlovic and ask him to win the remaining matches this season.

Q: How long will you continue to be Milan president?

A: Let's see how the next 30 years go.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Some updates:

According to Fabrizio Romano (CM), Romagnoli is on Barca's shortlist for next season, they will scout him 2 more times (f*ck off Braida Mad )

Zamparini will meet with Silvio on Saturday in Roma (possibly about Vazquez?)

According to Laudisa (GdS), Mexes will leave, however Alex and Zapata will have their contracts renewd. Milan will target Mammana as Mexes' replacement.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:29 pm

2 CL finals in the next 5 years rofl

This really made me chuckle first time i read it . Surely this will clear the air . He either intends for Milan to really be Milan once again , or he simply went full senile at this point .

There's just not another explanation .

Anyway . Despite our struggles in recent times , despite big mistakes and wrong calls over time , this anniversary is special . Nobody can't deny him one thing , Berlusconi and Milan has been one massive success story in these 30 years . Last few years not so much , but looking at the grand picture , one would be mad not to acknowledge this .

Obviously Berlusconi isn't the most likable person , in fact , strictly about politics i would despise him deeply if i was Italian , yet as a Milan fan , i must say he has been huge within the history of the club . I am thankful . Not excusing his mistakes , which were severely painful in recent times , i am however thankful nonetheless .

I've talked a lot of shit about him in recent times but i am not sure just how many out there would have spend over 1.2 billion that he has . And let's not forget.. some of the money he spent pre 2000 may not seem that crazy today , but were indeed huge back in the day .  

I don't know what's to happen next , but i can't but be grateful in the end , for what he did for Milan since 1986 . Hopefully , in the twilight years of his stay at Milan , he will do what's necessary , making sure the club will continue to be successful in the coming years . I know we've not been particularly successful in recent times , but no one ever was continuously successful at all times . Even Il Grande Milan stopped winning at some point .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:40 pm

ES wrote:Some updates:

According to Fabrizio Romano (CM), Romagnoli is on Barca's shortlist for next season, they will scout him 2 more times (f*ck off Braida Mad )

Zamparini will meet with Silvio on Saturday in Roma (possibly about Vazquez?)

According to Laudisa (GdS), Mexes will leave, however Alex and Zapata will have their contracts renewd. Milan will target Mammana as Mexes' replacement.

I can see why Barcelona would follow Romagnoli closely , he's been evolving in quite the ball playing CB . Braida doe rofl . I am not concerned , not for this summer at least. Even if they offer 50m , let's assume , we won't sell . They didn't even offer that for T.Silva , they will barely offer anything more for Romagnoli . I'd worry about Romagnoli in 3 years from now , if we're still limping by then , that's when he will leave . Not this summer , Braida is welcome to watch all his games if he wants for all i care tbh .

I like Vazquez , can't care less if we get him . Especially for 30m Zampa wants lmao . I'd get Pastore for that money without a 2nd thought .

Zapata i kinda feared he would renew tbh . Can't say i am mad with this , for some reason. We will always need our Simics and Boneras anyway . May as well have Zapata be that . Alex i don't mind , he can stay another season , he has well earned it imo . Mammana to replace Mexes , this is a proper move right there , yes please .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm still baffled that Roma sold Romagnoli. I really feel like he was going to become another Totti/De Rossi in terms of being an icon of the club, being born in Roma, coming from its youth and actually being one of the best players in Serie A if not world.

Lucky you I guess. Great piece of business.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:16 pm

With Romagnoli, the biggest factor was probably his relationship with Mihajlovic and his own willingness to reunite with him.

And for me that aspect of Mihajlovics's coaching has been huge. For a long time we have been trying to develop a good youth system, but up until last season it was really going nowhere. Inzaghi and Seedorf were too concerned with keeping their job to do any experimentation. That said, there's not many coaches in the world that would bench a solid, established goalie like Diego Lopez for a 16 year old from the youth team.

Ronagnoli was obviously not a Milan youth product, nevertheless, the push to acquire him came largely from Miha. And if we stick with him for a decent amount of time and give him the freedom to make decisions, I can see the youth aspect of Milan improving significantly.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:44 pm

This of course and also another equally big factor was that he wanted to have a full season . Roma wanted to keep him , however they weren't as confident in him as we were , like you said thanks to Mihajlovic .

Also , i think it's necessary to make an important note about Mihajlovic and Donnarumma . There's no doubt Sinisa has proved beyond doubt he believes in young players and i think , he has proved this not so much about debuting some , rather keep trusting them as much as possible .

For example , in Donnarumma's case . Diego Lopez wasn't in his best form prior to Donnarumma's debut . He was at best hot and cold , and then he gets injured. I believe Sinisterovic didn't trust Abbiati to play week in week out , in fact i strongly believe this . So he would have to risk something and took the right risk imo . It paid off and so he rightfully gets credit and praise for Donnarumma's introduction into the 11.

With this said , let's not pretend he would have trusted Donnarumma if he had a younger 2nd keeper , Abbiati just can't take it anymore . And i come once again to the original point , most of my applause goes not so much to the introduction of the 16 year old Gigi , but the fact he rightfully rewards him as the 1st keeper and sees him as such for a long time now regardless of Diego . Similar to Romagnoli and Niang , he rewards younger players to the fullest , and it pays off !

I want Sinisa to push De Sciglio on and make him understand that by now , he can't let Abate bench him anymore . Maybe only when Abate is in his best form . Although i never over rated or hyped De Sciglio , i always believed in him and i haven't given up on him at all. Frankly , he is a better footballer than Abate and when in form , can be a more intelligent defender too . On the physical aspect , Abate eats him alive and it's there he needs to improve a lot . I expect Mihajlovic to do better with De Sciglio and guide him to become our regular RB at some point in 2016 .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Agree with what you said on Donarumma, if for instance Gabriel was still in our squad he probably would've got the nod over Donarumma.

That said, I still think Mihajlovic deserves loads of credit for sticking with Donarumma even after Diego Lopez was back, as you pointed out.

Regarding Abbiati, I don't think his physical condition is that poor tbh. Last season he made 39 appearances and was first choice, I doubt he declined so much in 1 season that he's incapable of playing full time.

As for MDS, I think people tend to over react when they see a young player come out of the clubs youth system and show promise. He was really hyped and had a great first season which added to the hype.

His level dropped a bit after and the reaction to that was overblown as well. He is only 23 though, and has a long way to go. I think he'll be fine.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Don't you mean the season before ? He barely played that much last season . In any case , Abbiati isn't season-long reliable ever since 2013-2014 . He played a lot that season sure , how was he though , is the real deal . Truth is he's finished even from 2013-2014 . He has declined fully imho . Playing a few games a season is all we can expect of him , that much he is indeed capable of , no doubt . I expect him to retire this summer tbh .

As for De Sciglio , you're right . But nevertheless , i'll take the has a long way to go as , his best are yet to come . I agree with the rest , tbh De Sciglio simply needs what Romagnoli is getting , full playing time whenever he's healthy . We're much more stable now and tbh , De Sciglio was really good last game , i think give or take some time to find form , he'll get there .

Like i said , i expect him to bench Abate at some point in 2016 , even come next season idk . I know Abate is going to regress big time once his athleticism starts to abandon him little by little , if De Sciglio doesn't mess it up , or starts gets injured every now and then like before , he got it in the bag imo .

Frankly we could really do with more of the same De Sciglio we saw last game .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Oh yeah, I was looking at the 13-14 stats for Abbiati, so that would be the season before last... I also remember reading that he has decided to retire at the end of this season, so that's pretty much guaranteed.

I'm guessing Diego Lopez will leave as well. Maybe we bring back Gabriel for second choice behind Donarumma.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:16 pm

It may be so for Diego . Sadly . I hope he doesn't , though , even if he's earning too good money to be the 2nd GK . Truth is Diego isn't getting any younger and he isn't truly going to find a club like Milan elsewhere , also paying him the same money

If he wants to play at all costs , ok . Otherwise i hope someone convinces him to stay put  . Donnarumma will need rest , he will get injured too at some point , and he will still have the cup in any case . Ideally someone should make sure Diego will stay as 2nd and Gabriel / Agazzi as 3rd . That's what i would do .

If Diego does leave , and i fully understand if he would , we'll probably just take Gabriel and Agazzi back .

Anyway , Gabriel , i am not so sure what to make of him . He doesn't have a future at Milan with Donnarumma here , unless he wants to stay a bench player in the entirety of his career , which is highly unlikely i presume ? I think he is donezo with Milan on the long term , whether he comes back or not in the summer .

Frankly he's yet to play a single game with Napoli , not sure if he should be our 2nd keeper come next season. I am 50-50 actually , if i want Gabriel back at all , better he goes on to play somewhere like he did with Carpi .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:40 am

We should just sign Donnaruma's older brother from Genoa.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:43 am

Because he's a Donnarumma too ? Proud

Or because he would , supposedly , be willing to stay 2nd / 3rd GK to Gigi for good? Nah no need really , we have Agazzi for that . I mean , if he's at least decent and he doesn't mind , we could always get him and offload Agazzi , yet i wouldn't actually bother unless both Gabriel and Agazzi don't want to return to stay behind Donnarumma .

We'll see , thankfully we have options . There's always Gabriel who will return in the summer . Imo the best we could do is keep Diego Lopez , even though i really don't think we will ; his wages really are too much for him to stay on as a definite depth player.

We'll see , thanks to Donnarumma , 2nd/3rd GKs are an afterthought tbh.

http://www.football-italia.net/80110/donnarumma-not-sale

Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next