McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 28 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Jon will be back for sure, him, Tyrion and Daenerys are pretty much guaranteed to survive until the last season or so.

I wish Jon had really broken his vows for once before doing the "I was dead hence released from my vows" crap. Him doing good all the time hurts the character just as much as Ramsay being untouchable hurts the character.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 28 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Dante Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:15 am

I've said what i think , it won't matter if he's released from his vows , in whichever way you decide to look at it ,  i think there's a pretty big possibility there won't be a NW by the time Jon returns .

Look at it this way. If he returns to life and the NW is still there.. they would be killing him again anyway Laughing

It makes great sense for GRRM to finish off the NW after Jon , for many many reasons actually. For once , Jon was legit their last hope , they simply commited suicide the moment they killed him. There's also the wildlings who are going to absolutely rekt them and who knows how close the Others are . They are at their absolute lowest man power , i don't exactly recall the number right now but i think it was near 150 at Castle Black ?? (probably less than that) Wildlings are who knows how many times more that number , lol  . Also , their food supplies are precious as they are , iirc , they are going to have major issues very very soon with their food... All i can see is doom , being a step away .

I also think Ned's words about 'a wall is as strong as the men that guard it' , are heavily foreshadowing what's coming ; no NW to actually stand watch on the wall , the magics/spells that protect them from the others will be broken . They will simply be able to pass the wall if there's no NW around to guard it .

Question is , where he would be going once he returned ?? Winterfell hmm

To warn them of what's coming and thinking he still has to save Arya from the Boltons hmm

I don't know if he would actually manage to end up at Winterfell , but i think that would be his absolute priority the moment he comes back . Even if there's a NW still and he somehow manages not to be killed when he returns , lol , he would be a prisoner or something?? Seriously , i don't think the NW is a possibility any longer. In order for the story to go on , the NW must be destroyed , imho .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Guys if you did not, you have to read this theory. My favorite theory by far, 100% convinced it will be true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Had no idea what that was, but 10/10 rofl

Been laughing 5 minutes straight
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:57 pm

I was reading it with wide eyes, thinking if M99 believes it, then it just might be true rofl

"Valyrian tinfoil"
"Aimed for the moon, landed in the asylum."
"Tyrion = Rhaego.....so far, zero tinfoil"
"Let's not get bogged down by technicalities yet."

Not even prime Gil could make up something like this Laughing

10/10
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:00 pm

i thought people had read that already ?

and yes , it's hilarious lmao
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:03 am

Speaking of Daavos in the other thread

Will the show make his mission to go after Rickon as well? I don't know how they will make the connection since he is at castle black but I think they will change his arc too.

Or maybe when Jon comes back, he asks him to find Rickon? Not sure why Daavos would comply but that's one way of setting things right.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:07 am

Honestly , no clue whatsoever . Can't even begin to guess atm .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:42 am

Can't see how Davos' plot can be tied to Rickon, unless like RG said in the other thread, he goes south, meets Sansa and Reek they discuss what happened, yada yada yada, Reek says Rickon is still alive and Ser Davos is tasked to find him?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 am

Manderly will be in Season 6, no?

I think they'll have him intercept Reek and Sansa - thus informing him of Rickon and Bran's survival as I don't believe that mute servant was in the show - and then Davos heading south in the hope that Stannis has survived. Opposed to Bolton, he will send news of Davos' death but really send him to find Rickon, making use of his skill as a sailor.

The motivations are far less obvious in this scenario however. Without Stannis in the background as a powerful force capable of defeating the Boltons and establishing Rickon in Winterfell, why go to any of this trouble? Indeed, with Sansa in his possession it's not even vitally urgent that a rescue mission be launched for the boys, beyond his strong loyalty to the Starks. Granted they have the better claim but it's a truly watered down version of the Great Northern Conspiracy.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:11 am

Can we hope for Frey Pies if Manderly is in season 6? Sad

But yea I agree with that.

Despite little finger wanting to take the Iron throne for himself, I think he will be given the Stannis role in the books as the savior of the north. He can establish Rickon as the rightful Lord of winterfell.

They won't do the great northern conspiracy unless they rush it in one season. There has been no development on that at all and neither there are any characters from it in the show, yet.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:11 am

M99 wrote:Guys if you did not, you have to read this theory. My favorite theory by far, 100% convinced it will be true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory/

You all laughed at the theory.

GRRM told a story about how he used to ask Professors in Northwestern University whether he could write a short story instead of a term paper (he was actually writing stories on the side and trying to sell them in magazines, sci-fi and non-sci-fi). One Professor for the Scandinavian course he was taking agreed and he came up with a short historical fiction story on which he got an “A.” 20 years later, he rewrote that story and included a time-traveling dwarf and sold it to “Omni” for thousands of dollars.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/3byzp6/spoilers_all_everything_i_learned_from_george_r_r/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Ah I just thought up a new tinfoil theory.

He is a man of the Night's Watch, she thought, as he sang about some stupid lady throwing herself off some stupid tower because her stupid prince was dead.

This is from Arya's chapter in AFFC where she kills Daeron for deserting. We know Ashara threw herself from the tower. Her stupid prince was dead...sounds like Rhaegar. Oh wow, Dante is right is what I initially thought. But then I remembered Dany not being Aerys and Rhaella's is almost logistically impossible. But then I remembered Aegon. Then I remembered Septa Lemore. You know where I am going with this. Aegon is the bastard son of Rhaegar and Ashara Dayne. Ashara is raising her son under the guise of his septa and Varys lied to Jon Con about him because...

Oh God I really need a new book.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 pm

We all need it for our own sanity...

Really hope TWoW crashes some theories which people take seriously like the High Septon = Howland Reed Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Nah, that theory is down the gutter now.

Howland Reed is most likely with Rickon
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:34 pm

What most interests me is the fate of Aegon tbh. I actually don't want him to die doesn't matter if he is legit or not.

We can very well get a new all out war with:
North behind Sansa/Stannis,
Aegon leading from Dorne
Highgarden splitting from lannisters after Kevan's death and Cersei regaining control
Cersei's counter attack
Daenerys leading the charge at some point in the next 40 years.
White walkers from the north being Lead by Jon (still hoping for this)
Faceless Men going after Daenerys

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:Nah, that theory is down the gutter now.

Howland Reed is most likely with Rickon

What makes you think he is on Skaagos hmm

I personally think he is on his keep in Greywater Watch with Maege Mormont and Glabart Glover. It's possible that Robb's will naming Jon his heir is there too. Either that or he is the Hooded Man in Winterfell.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Yea that makes more sense tbh. Wonder how Lady stoneheart will react when she finds out Robb named Jon his heir Proud Wish she had emotions ffs.

I was just thinking that we haven't heard from Reed in any of the books so he has to be somewhere remote or some place GRRM will introduce later on as he should with Rickon's place.

He seems too old to be the hooded man though. It's definitely someone who is familiar with Winterfell/North. Benjen IMO or Blackfish.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:10 pm

He is not that old actually. He is younger than Ned and Ned Stark was 35 when AGOT starts.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:22 pm

I've been doing a bit of reading on the asoiaf wiki mainly about Robert's rebellion. What I don't get is why there were 3 kingsguard at the Tower of Joy "protecting" Lyanna Stark. You're fighting a war against the rebellion, don't you think having three of the best swordsmen in all of Westeros would have been useful at your most important battle (battle of the trident)? Or at least back at Kings Landing protecting the king? I kind of feel the Kingsguard was kind of wasted during the Rebellion and only fought at the very end. Imagine if it was Ser Arthur Dayne protecting Elia Martell when Gregor Clegane attacked.

Do you think the outcome of the Rebellion would have been different had the Kingsguard been used in a more important manner?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:33 pm

It could have made a difference no doubt, Rhaegar was not a war leader and kinda underestimated Robert because of his smaller army, maybe with the Lord Commander there the loyalists might have. Butterfly effects and all that.

There is an explanation for why the Kingsguard are at the Tower of Joy instead of the battlefield if you are familiar with the R+L=J theory.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 pm

I really dislike Robert for what he did to Rhaegar tbh

I doubt Rhaegar even wanted to fight.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:28 pm

I think we are supposed to like Rhaegar but I just can't. Man caused a savage war because of a damn prophecy.

Robert is a douchebag no doubt but he comes off in a good light compared to Rhaegar.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:42 pm

The details are murky. Rhaegar supposedly kidnapped Lyanna but I think she ran off quite willingly with him. War was caused because Aerys killed Brandon and Rickard and then demanded the heads of Robert and Ned from Jon Arryn. And I don't see what other choice Robert had besides killing Rhaegar. It was a one on one fight and Rhaegar was one of the best warriors of the Seven Kingdoms. He managed to heavily wound Robert before dying. That's why Ned had to march alone to King's Landing with the army.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 am

Even if R+L=J is true, and J is the "prince that was promised", I still feel it was stupid to have 3 kingsguard, especially the best swordsman in all of Westeros, in basically the middle of nowhere instead of either at Kings Landing or Battle of the Trident. Was Rhaegar not concerned with protecting you know, his other children? What about the whole "three headed dragon" thing? Kind of useless to protect "one head" while leaving the other "two heads" to die.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Rhaegar trusted Jaime with his other children's lives. Jaime literally has nightmares about it in the books.

Prince Rhaegar burned with a cold light, now white, now red, now dark. "I left my wife and children in your hands."

"I never thought he'd hurt them." Jaime's sword was burning less brightly now. "I was with the king . . . "
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next