BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 31 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 31 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:37 am

My head is fine. I seem to be one of the few enjoying every episode Laughing

The torment some of you go through on a weekly basis when characters that's had like 10 minutes of screen time through 5 seasons die amuses me Proud

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 31 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:43 am

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Nah I hope Stannis dies in the show. Looking forward to Brienne the beauty to smash him up.

Would be an awful show if you had your choice tbf. Everyone living happily ever after. Eating ice-cream and reading stories about flowers.

I was being sarcastic.

When have I ever said the show should end on a happy note?

You just seem to be dispise every despicable character moment for any character despite it being in tune with their character. Sansa was ruined and now Stanning, despite being the most obvious outcomes according to their past actions. Can't see how else the situations could've gone down. Imagine if Stannis refused and just got starved to death etc. instead of fighting. Wouldn't fit him at all.
One thing I don't understand is the Meryn Trant thing. Maybe because he's only had one scene so far.

No, i hate the unnecessary scenes which they add purely for the shock factor. I have no problem in a character being a scum. Cersei is one of my favourite characters in the show. The stannis scene, I agree was logical for him to do. But I don't agree with the way he did it. I can't debate any of this without spoiling so I won't. And I won't mention the books since it pisses people off. But there were other ways things could have happened and they chose not to do that since it was 'boring'. Same with the Sansa storyline. They invented a scene instead of going a 'boring' route.

And despite you not wanting a happy ending. That is exactly what the show is heading towards. You might want white walkers to rule the north, or Ramsay to rule the seven kingdoms. But in the end I'll be surprised if they went for anything other than a big good Vs evil fight with good prevailing.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:45 am

Freeza wrote:My head is fine. I seem to be one of the few enjoying every episode Laughing

The torment some of you go through on a weekly basis when characters that's had like 10 minutes of screen time through 5 seasons die amuses me Proud

Well, only on here I have seen people having no problem with rape scenes or burning kids alive tbh.

Whole internet wants Stannis to die, but you seem to be in full support of him after what he did Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:47 am

I support the interesting characters and story lines. And so far they're doing a great job. Jon Snow is my favourite because he's good but so faulty because of it. The biggest flaw he has. I just don't freak out when a minor character I couldn't care less about dies.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

RealGunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:My head is fine. I seem to be one of the few enjoying every episode Laughing

Well, only on here I have seen people having no problem with rape scenes or burning kids alive tbh.

Whole internet wants Stannis to die, but you seem to be in full support of him after what he did Laughing

I can't really be rustled in this show after all I've seen tbh. The Internet almost forgot what we'd seen so far. I just love finally getting somewhat of an emotional reaction again. Great emotional scene that fit perfectly in the story. But why would I want Stannis to die when that'd mean more screen time for sand snakes etc Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:50 am

I had no problem with the Sansa rape scene, as discussed countless times at that time so no going into that again.
But this, the way they did it, just after he professed his love to Shireen few episodes back in the one of the most emotional scenes in the series so far (and now it all just feels rather staged and a set-up for this) and after being raided by Ramsay and 20 good men over night Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:52 am

El Shaarawy wrote:M99, where's the tl;dr post this week, me and LeVer are eagerly anticipating it ┌[ ◔ ͜ ʖ ◔ ]┐
didn't even post last weeks tl;dr post (:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:53 am

You don't seem to understand the point. It's not that a minor character died. If a superhero destroys a building full of innocent people. No one will care. But if a superhero destroys a building with his wife in it, people will freak out. Even if she was a minor character. Stannis burnt his enemies down for years but he cared about his daughter more than he ever cared about religion. He got desperate enough to burn his daughter down? Sorry that doesn't add up. Killing his brother was because he fully believed he will win the war. There was no maybes.

He killed his daughter just for a shot at Winterfell. Where he has no idea if it will work or not. Has the king's blood ever worked for him in the past? That's a long shot he is aiming for. And a man as rational as Stannis would never attempt something which he doesn't fully believe in.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:54 am

Tbh 20 good men was worse than the burning :coffee:

tldr gets released every tuesday.. this one is from last week http://captainofalltheships.tumblr.com/post/120498715232/chrys-watches-got-season-5-episode-8
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:55 am

zigra wrote:Tbh 20 good men was worse than the burning :coffee:

tldr gets released every tuesday.. this one is from last week http://captainofalltheships.tumblr.com/post/120498715232/chrys-watches-got-season-5-episode-8

tl;dr
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 am

*bleep* me that was a savage episode. Freeza you have the answers.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:57 am

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

I can't really be rustled in this show after all I've seen tbh. The Internet almost forgot what we'd seen so far. I just love finally getting somewhat of an emotional reaction again. Great emotional scene that fit perfectly in the story. But why would I want Stannis to die when that'd mean more screen time for sand snakes etc Laughing

Good point tbh Laughing

Seriously though, Like I said. I don't care if a character is being a twat. But there are many ways in achieving what they want to show without having a WTF IS THIS moment.

GRRM has written more gruesome things in the book than D&D can dream off. But he never did it for the sake of it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:58 am

RealGunner wrote:You don't seem to understand the point. It's not that a minor character died. If a superhero destroys a building full of innocent people. No one will care. But if a superhero destroys a building with his wife in it, people will freak out. Even if she was a minor character. Stannis burnt his enemies down for years but he cared about his daughter more than he ever cared about religion. He got desperate enough to burn his daughter down? Sorry that doesn't add up. Killing his brother was because he fully believed he will win the war. There was no maybes.

He killed his daughter just for a shot at Winterfell. Where he has no idea if it will work or not. Has the king's blood ever worked for him in the past? That's a long shot he is aiming for. And a man as rational as Stannis would never attempt something which he doesn't fully believe in.

It was certain that he would lose if he didn't do it though. He had no chance after Ramsey's plot armor attack.

The minor character point was why I couldn't really get rustled by it. I didn't care that much for that girl. Stannis always seemed like a ruthless cunning prick, so that didn't surprise me one bit and it was obviously going to happen once Mellissandre suggested it
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:59 am

On a different note. The story Shereen was talking about 'Original Dance of Dragons' is actually a mini novella written by GRRM. AKA 'Princess and the queen' or 'Dangerous women'

It's fantastic if you want to spend few hours reading. Really short and won't take long.

describes in length on how the dragons ended up being extinct decades ago.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:00 am

I'm going to repost this for all the foreshadowing

"You will betray your family, everything you once held dear, and it will all be worth it, because you are the son of fire"

Stannis to sit on the Iron Throne confirmed :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 am

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:You don't seem to understand the point. It's not that a minor character died. If a superhero destroys a building full of innocent people. No one will care. But if a superhero destroys a building with his wife in it, people will freak out. Even if she was a minor character. Stannis burnt his enemies down for years but he cared about his daughter more than he ever cared about religion. He got desperate enough to burn his daughter down? Sorry that doesn't add up. Killing his brother was because he fully believed he will win the war. There was no maybes.

It was certain that he would lose if he didn't do it though. He had no chance after Ramsey's plot armor attack.

The minor character point was why I couldn't really get rustled by it. I didn't care that much for that girl. Stannis always seemed like a ruthless cunning prick, so that didn't surprise me one bit and it was obviously going to happen once Mellissandre suggested it

Meh. Can't disagree.

I doubt anything will rage me anymore now tbh.

*Please don't quote this if something does happen in the future eps/seasons and I rage
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:03 am

http://gameoflaughs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/G4SlP0d-850x1166.jpg

ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:04 am

Isn't that incorrect hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:09 am

It is Laughing

Just remembered the pit fight. Unsullied spending too much time in the brothels that they forgot how to fight. Scrub rich men stabbing them left right centre Laughing

Thought they were legit badass fighters.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:10 am

Stannis doesn't deserve Davos ffs, i hope he joins Dany's all-star cast.

Tyrion, Jorah, Davos and Varys.

They're the advisory rendition of the Galacticos
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:12 am

RealGunner wrote:It is Laughing

Just remembered the pit fight. Unsullied spending too much time in the brothels that they forgot how to fight. Scrub rich men stabbing them left right centre Laughing

Maybe it's not their fault.
Maybe the harpies are just that good.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:18 am

RealGunner wrote:It is Laughing

Scrub rich men killed the stronkest fighter in the realm , also mortally wounded a dragon, they're legit bro
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:22 am

Unsullied are made for the battlefield, fighting in an open space. Look at the difference between their close quarter fight and their fight after they jump into the pit.

I am amazed that people still don't get this since we saw this happen in E4. How good fighters can eunuchs really be? They are supposed to be overrated.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:44 am

E4 was actually a great setup for soldiers with spear and shield imo.. only problem was they had no formation at all and they should've used these shields Laughing

I agree that they are not too great on their own though. Not strong enough and next to no armor.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:55 am

That was so gut-wrenching to watch... but I think the fact that the show can elicit such strong emotions is a testament to its quality.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:01 am

Think it was my worst scene in the entire series. Those screams... and the way she clutched that wooden piece Davos gave till the end.

Hope Stannis realises that he has ended the Baratheon bloodline.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next