Arquitecto
Cruijf
urbaNRoots
Casciavit
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 23 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:07 pm

How is he not elite ? He's a choker because he loses confidence in the big moments but his career is not over. He can turn it around just like Robben at some point. Clearly a top 10 striker in the world. If he's not elite then there are 3-5 elites strikers at best.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 23 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by rincon Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

He is not elite because that poster doesn't watch Higuain lol. Calling him a poacher or failing to recognize that he is one of the best in the world means he didn't watch his career at Napoli.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:38 pm

How is Higuain not elite... I know Messi and Ronaldo set the bar high but players like Higgy are definitely elite. Not that many lethal strikers around these days. He may be a little bit of a choker but you have to admit the obvious.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:50 pm

is he even top 5 today??

Suarez
Lewa
Benzema
Aguero
Ibra

are ranked higher than him but that doesn't mean he's bad.. i guess elite is a broad term, i consider elite top 5
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Donuts wrote:is he even top 5 today??

Suarez
Lewa
Benzema
Aguero
Ibra

are ranked higher than him but that doesn't mean he's bad.. i guess elite is a broad term, i consider elite top 5

That logic Laughing Laughing The stuff I read sometimes ...
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:56 pm

what do you classify elite as then lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Donuts wrote:is he even top 5 today??

Suarez
Lewa
Benzema
Aguero
Ibra

Higuain scored 36 goals in the serie A last season. If I'm not mistaken only Suarez scored more.. These are elite numbers.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Has Benzema done anything relevant in the last 2 years lol? He hasn't been better than Higuain in years

Also Lewa and Higuain are on the same level
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:08 pm

what has higuain accomplished that benzema hasn't??
i mean other than the obvious trophy difference
so statistics is what rates him higher?

sorry i don't rate 71 goals in 3 seasons in seria a so highly.. i mean cavani did the same in the napoli as-well if not better so it's not like he did something new

not gonna turn into chad here but the quality in difference between benzema and higuain is night and day, one is more complete other is more of a poacher.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:18 pm

also asking if the starting striker of real madrid who won 2 champions leagues in 3 years is still relevent Laughing

meanwhile

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Now before I get accused of some fanboying bullshit i'll admit hands down La Liga is the best league in the World. But it's certainly not more difficult to score in than Serie A. Significantly easier imo.

So if scoring 38 league goals in Italy last season is not impressive whilst playing for Napoli who aren't exactly great then Benzema scoring 39 goals in 2 seasons playing for Real Madrid in La Liga is what exactly?

More complete? Laughing Well i'm sure that's awesome. Hey, Higuain is outscoring me but i'm more complete brah so it's all good. He's a striker, his job is to score goals. It's not like we're talking about a guy who's shit with the ball at his feet and a liability in Higuain either, He's plenty capable with the ball.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Agüero has not been better than Higgy for the past 1.5 years at least
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Agreed, although if Aguero was actually capable of playing more than 3 games in a row he'd be ridiculous.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 am

@tom I dare you or anyone on here to say benzema wouldn't hit atleast 30 league goals last season, if he had been injury free.... the guy missed around 10 games and played half fit in a couple and still had a shot at the golden boot towards the end of the season, he was scoring at will and that clasico goal.... that's as clutch as cf can get, in a high pressure game of that magnitude, while still being a stunning finish the stuff higs and his fans dream about, yet benzema doing it is meh cause it doesn't fit the picture of what higs fans painted for years.

Rafa proved my point about Benz being held back for years, first season given the green light to shoot, went from slow starter shit striker to 6 goals in 6 games, and continued that trend Consistently for the whole season when fit, got so goo... I mean bad for RM fans they celebrated his half fit as excuse to criticize him to death sad stuff, funny how his injury troubles since Carlo is being overlooked to look down on his goals count, who cares if he scored RM only goal against superbayern at home? hey remember when he scored 3 goals against Liverpool home and away? literally toying with them? And those clasico where he is usually one of the best performers on the pitch always key with goals and assists, yet he and higs are on the same level?

Majority of the posters on here kills benz for a random miss against fodder teams, yet golden boy is a bit of a choker for blowing some of the biggest games in his career ffs, almost all of them ffs and everybody is cool with it cause he turns it up for scrubs rofl

these ridiculous arguments Laughing, he is certified top 3 end of...
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:17 am

elite strikers aren't fat imo
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:23 am

Casciavit wrote:elite strikers aren't fat imo

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 23 Cp_L2vXXYAAxy3k

scratch

Benzema in top 3 really ?! rofl

I don't rate Higuain as you can see that in my earlier comments in this thread but imo the only player I rate lower than Higuain is Benzema. Actually I don't rate him at all Laughing
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 am

Benzema is just as fat as Higuain tbh.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:32 am

Higuain is better than both Aguero and Benzema lmao

I think Aguero is a better player overall but with him being injured so often, I can't really do it tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:54 am

Higuain just choked off another big tournament this summer...  For nt this time...  Missing PKs for fun.

Call me when he actually does something that leads to a major trophy because that's what elite players do.  

Higuain did exactly what Di Natale had done for years this past season. Namely, put up stats on a good club that has no trophy pressure and then get found out at NT where there are expectations.

We'll see what he does when it counts for Juve. This is the first time since Real Madrid that he's playing for an ambitious club.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Witty Futty Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Juve will win the home league, and home cup. Something Juve would win even without Higuain. Gonzalo will probably be the biggest goalscorer, but other players will score less goals because of this!

In other words, stuff is going to be the same as last season!
Witty Futty
Witty Futty
Prospect
Prospect

http://wittyfutty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:46 pm

chad4401 wrote:@tom I dare you or anyone on here to say benzema wouldn't hit atleast 30 league goals last season, if he had been injury free.... the guy missed around 10 games and played half fit in a couple and still had a shot at the golden boot towards the end of the season, he was scoring at will and that clasico goal.... that's as clutch as cf can get, in a high pressure game of that magnitude, while still being a stunning finish the stuff higs and his fans dream about, yet benzema doing it is meh cause it doesn't fit the picture of what higs fans painted for years.

Rafa proved my point about Benz being held back for years, first season given the green light to shoot, went from slow starter shit striker to 6 goals in 6 games, and continued that trend Consistently for the whole season when fit, got so goo... I mean bad for RM fans they celebrated his half fit as excuse to criticize him to death sad stuff, funny how his injury troubles since Carlo is being overlooked to look down on his goals count, who cares if he scored RM only goal against superbayern at home? hey remember when he scored 3 goals against Liverpool home and away? literally toying with them? And those clasico where he is usually one of the best performers on the pitch always key with goals and assists, yet he and higs are on the same level?

Majority of the posters on here kills benz for a random miss against fodder teams, yet golden boy is a bit of a choker for blowing some of the biggest games in his career ffs, almost all of them ffs and everybody is cool with it cause he turns it up for scrubs  rofl

these ridiculous arguments Laughing, he is certified top 3 end of...

So 'Maybe' hitting 30 goals last season in la liga playing for an elite club > actually scoring 38 goals in Serie A for Napoli

Also

Benzema wouldn't hit at least 30 league goals last season

Only ridiculous argument here would be Benzema with 39 goals in 2 seasons playing for Madrid makes him elite whereas Higuain getting 38 in 1 season for a half decent Napoli side makes him a choker, not elite and a scrub.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Tom, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.  Benzema with his 39 goals in TWO years is clearly a better striker than Higuain with his 38 goals in ONE year.  Surely any logical, sane, non-alcoholic and non drug induced individual would recognize this...

Afro
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:40 pm

:bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Higgy will win Juve CL this season.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:02 pm

lol @ the time and space every single attacker was given there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:lol @ the time and space every single attacker was given there.

Agreed, EPL so much better

Son first goal vs Stoke

EDIT: Also Firmino first goal vs Leicester no space here either imo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next