Arquitecto
Cruijf
urbaNRoots
Casciavit
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 24 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:36 am

Art Morte wrote:lol @ the time and space every single attacker was given there.

Agreed, EPL so much better

Son first goal vs Stoke

EDIT: Also Firmino first goal vs Leicester no space here either imo

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 24 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:42 am

CBarca wrote:
Art Morte wrote:lol @ the time and space every single attacker was given there.

Agreed, EPL so much better

Son first goal vs Stoke

EDIT: Also Firmino first goal vs Leicester no space here either imo

I thought we were on the same side, wtf?

I hope you lose your mod status asap!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:45 am

I mean I don't watch Sellie Zzz so we're definitely kind of on the same side, it's just that I can't really abide by that comment considering some of the goals I saw today.

Plus it was a brilliant goal by Higgy and I want you to appreciate it
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:47 am

Whatever, I'm pretty sure your mod joke was by RedO anyway, and he's gone anyway, so, your entertainment value is nihil naught and nil, anyway, so, what ever, mate.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:53 am

We used to be closer than this Art

It feels as if there is a world between us now
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:56 am

Well come on, man, your avatar is a *bleep*ing stick man, mine's the greatest managerial mind alive, what did you expect would happen?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:09 am

KDB got more space than that today and he was playing against the all mighty Mourinho guided United team.

Bow down and respect the fat GOAT
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:10 am

As a pure center forward, a real no. 9., Higuain is the best in world at the moment.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:11 am

breva wrote:As a pure center forward, a real no. 9.,  Higuain is the best in world at the moment.

Are Suarez and Lewa fake number 9s? Laughing

Higuain is world class, I definitely agree, and he's up there with any other CF outside the two I just mentioned.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:20 am

Luis Suárez is not really a center forward. He prefers to play just off of the center-forward and run at defenders, and either score or create for others.

Higuain is superior to Lewandoski.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:23 am

breva wrote:Luis Suárez is not really a center forward. He prefers to play just off of the center-forward and run at defenders, and either score or create for others.

Higuain is superior to Lewandoski.

I've watched 99% of his games since 2010, Suarez is a CF.

And I have to disagree with you on Lewa and Higuain. The big difference between them is when it's under pressure Lewa doesn't go hiding.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:28 am

Higuain better than Lewa? Hold your horses.

The fact that Lewa doesn't score as many goals as Higuain is not because he cannot, it's because he is not the focal point in attack in a very talented Bayern squad.

Lewa is far more complete than Higuain, and this is not trash talk because Higuain is still a top striker.

Suarez is even more so.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:30 am

Lewandowski had a shit Euro Neutral
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:35 am

Sushi Master wrote:Higuain better than Lewa? Hold your horses.

The fact that Lewa doesn't score as many goals as Higuain is not because he cannot, it's because he is not the focal point in attack in a very talented Bayern squad.

Lewa is far more complete than Higuain, and this is not trash talk because Higuain is still a top striker.

Suarez is even more so.

Higuain is better than Lewa, the only areas that Lewa is better in are holding up the ball and perhaps heading. Higuain is quicker, much better finisher, much better movement and better at dragging defenders from their position. Lewas finishing is hot and cold and he misses far too many sitters on a regular basis.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:35 am

Suarez is not really a center forward:

breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am

Higuain is far more talented than Lewandoski. There is no comparison.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:43 am

jibers wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Higuain better than Lewa? Hold your horses.

Suarez is even more so.

Higuain is better than Lewa, the only areas that Lewa is better in are holding up the ball and perhaps heading. Higuain is quicker, much better finisher, much better movement and better at dragging defenders from their position. Lewas finishing is hot and cold and he misses far too many sitters on a regular basis.

Oh, those two aspects you mentioned, definitely.

You are stating Higuain is better than Lewa because Lewa is hot and cold and misses sitters? Oh, the irony.

Lewandowski is the only central striker to have made it with Pep. I think that says it all about his off the ball movement and overall technique. Just to bring in someone who knows football and not just random Sushi on the GL forums. You can try watching some Bayern games, though. Lewa is not slow, is not dumb and definitely knows how to finish.

He misses sitters? Hell yes. All strikers do, just as even the top defenders mistime tackles or top goalies gift goals.

But you are telling me Lewa misses more sitters and key goals in comparison to Gonzalo "The final Curse" Higuain??? Gold.

That you prefer Higuain, I can understand that. But that Higuain is generally better than Lewa? Maybe by a strand of Pep's hair he is. They are both great strikers.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:51 am

Both are of a similar quality, but saying Lewa scores less than Higuain not because he can't but because he's not the focal point in a stacked team is a cop out imo. Higuains finishing is definitely superior imo. And since we're talking about genuine #9s here that's a big deal. Not like Lord Hig is crap on the ball either.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:52 am

breva wrote:Suarez is not really a center forward:

So in your opinion, and in strange (Scottish?) accent guy's opinion, a center forward is a player who statically plays in the area? Like a poacher? Target man? Big ol' 9?

Having off the ball movement, knowing how to dribble and pass somehow eliminates you from the center forward club? And this is like, a single play analysis under a single game. Laughing

Bro, you're gonna have to brainwash me because I've probably done more analysis on Suarez myself than what is stated in that video.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:57 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Both are of a similar quality, but saying Lewa scores less than Higuain not because he can't but because he's not the focal point in a stacked team is a cop out imo. Higuains finishing is definitely superior imo. And since we're talking about genuine #9s here that's a big deal. Not like Lord Hig is crap on the ball either.

It's not like Lewa can't score. My point is that he does a lot more work under Bayern than just being a pure poacher (not that Higgs is a limited player). Yet he still scored 40 frakking goals last season, and consistently is in the top scorer charts. They can both score.

As I said, at this level it's just preference.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:03 am

Sushi Master wrote:

So in your opinion, and in strange (Scottish?) accent guy's opinion, a center forward is a player who statically plays in the area? Like a poacher? Target man? Big ol' 9?

Having off the ball movement, knowing how to dribble and pass somehow eliminates you from the center forward club? And this is like, a single play analysis under a single game. Laughing

Bro, you're gonna have to brainwash me because I've probably done more analysis on Suarez myself than what is stated in that video.

While I respect your opinion, I think a professional's (BBC football analyst and former professional player) opinion carries more weight than yours. That it coincides with mine, is just a happy coincidence.
Very Happy
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am

Pat Nevin and professional opinion in the same sentence Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 am

Lewandowski is definitely a big game finisher, much more than Higuain...

Oh wait which big games did Lewa actually win? Champions Leagues - 0, Euros - 0, World Cups - 0. So he matches Higuain in all big competitions....

His one goal in the semi final against Barca in 2015 wasn't that big.  Neither was his one goal against Juventus last year decisive. Zero goals against Benfica. But he did get one goal against Athletico. Too bad it wasn't enough to get them to the final.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:10 am

Yeah whilst nobody can deny up until this point Higuain has a bad rep in finals, at least he's actually in the finals.

There's no guarantee Lewandowski will light up any WC/Euro/CL finals especially with his erratic finishing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:10 am

Don't call me James wrote:Pat Nevin and professional opinion in the same sentence Laughing

Pat Niven is far more knowledgeable about football than a random GL poster.  He actually played in the EPL, has any GL poster played in the EPL?  He is a professional.

Last edited by breva on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:11 am

breva wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

While I respect your opinion, I think a professional's (BBC football analyst and former professional player) opinion carries more weight than yours. That it coincides with mine, is just a happy coincidence.
Very Happy

Well, as I said, "center forward" can be used to describe various roles. I'm guessing your opinion and BBC guys' opinion are on the limited role I described in my post. Fair enough, although I don't know how old you are, but just because he works for BBC does not mean it he automatically knows more than, say, some of the guys on this forum, who are extremely football knowledgeable. But let's agree to disagree.

As for my definition of a center forward, it's quite literal and is more positional than specific role-based, in my opinion: an usually centrally positioned player who's runs are forward/attacking based. So, a lot of players are center forwards, but this does not mean they cannot play somewhere else (say, Sturridge).
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next