S
Collblanc
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
free_cat
79 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there - Page 15 Empty Re: De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:41 pm

He was double figures in goals and assists last year lol, name how many players who did that.

His only issue pre Pep was lack of confidence in decision making, that aside he's a very talented player.

I bring it up because i find it utterly ridiculous an Arsenal fan would turn down the idea of signing a talented player when most of your players are not worthy of the shirt.

While it's true you need leadership, it's far from the only issue.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there - Page 15 Empty Re: De Bruyne is the worst 80M€ player out there

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Its the same with Immobile @UrbanRoots is he having an exceptional season? Yes, but deep down he is just another prima punta like any other. D oi want him on my team? No way. Deep down, everyone knows he's somewhat bidone level
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Because Sterling would become exactly that kind of player under Arsene Wenger. He only needs “confidence” is the exact kind of excuse I hear for a lot of Arsenal players. We need players like de Bruyne, not Sterling.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 pm

You need both, Arsenal are a long way from contending and one player isn't going to fix it but not wanting Sterling when you start Welbeck and Iwobi is absolutely insane to me.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:57 pm

You just don’t get it man, players like Sterling thrive when they are surrounded by quality, look at his season with Suarez/Sturridgrle and then the season after... or the season when City were meh and this season. The problem is that we are always meh under Wenger so Sterling or Welbeck it doesn’t matter, but an elite player can make even a mediocre manager look good and Sterling isn’t that. Which is why I don’t want my club to waste money on someone who will not make a huge difference and instead look for a game changer, even someone with a less glamorous name than Sterling.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:03 pm

No i get it fine, i just think you vastly underrate him and also i agree with you that none of it matters while Wenger is there.

I went through the same thing as you with Pardew, i was constantly telling myself no matter who we sign it won't make a damn bit of difference.

While it's true it doesn't really make sense to do that, maybe Wenger will go at some point through Sterling's contract or who ever else you sign you don't know what will happen. There is zero point in accepting mediocrity just because you know the manager won't change anything, also said manager won't make you better even with De Bruyne etc etc.

Also Sterling's improvement is purely down to the manager showing confidence in him tbh, the actual quality of player hasn't changed that much since he's been there.

It's actually quite funny that someone would think a Newcastle fan wouldn't know what an inept manager holding back talent is like. I know it better than any of you do.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Completely agree with Urby
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Been saying it for ages, De Bruyne is WC and the amazing thing is hes such as all rounder, he basically can do anything, and his stamina is incredible, full on every match every minute, definitely one of my favourite players Very Happy And glad its really worked out well for him now if not already for a long while. He really just needed to fine tune his accuracy and a few details to be really WC.
Back at Wolfsburg he was already a beast, and than when he came to Man C, pretty much instant impact and then he got injured, their season fell away straight away. Great to see him really thriving under Pep.

Also should watch him for Belgium, just amazing player.

Read somewhere mention of Ballon D'or, who knows, if he continues to improve even more.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:02 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
jibers wrote:Yea, De Bruyne has been the worst player out of all the forwards since Pep came (the starters). His positioning is off a lot of the times and it forces his teammates to recycle the ball. He doesn't anything like the work Rakitic does because Aguero and Sterling actually run, Messi does whatever the hell he wants. I can't see De Bruyne being a starter.

Sterling and Sane should be the wingers eventually. Nolito is like a jittery Pedro and ruined so many attacking moves, De Bruyne isn't a winger.

Interested to know, do you still feel the same now with KdB?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Where is jibers, I miss him Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Bump, Another Goat performance even though he looked tried after 70 min. Best player in the PL by some distances.

Also has started to add goals in big game. Has scored 6 goals against United, Chelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal in 2.5 season :bow: Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:55 pm

there are so many embarrassing threads on here lol...
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:56 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Best player in the PL by some distances.

rofl steady
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Nah he's right, it's like watching a man play with boys atm. He's so far ahead of everyone else atm it's hilarious.

The only debate is rest of europe atm.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Better than Kane?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:04 pm

That's like comparing Xavi or Iniesta to Ronaldo tbh.

He's the best midfielder in the league by a significant margin atm and Kane is the best forward. They impact their teams similarly but considering De Bruyne is the better overall player and is on the ball constantly making things happen then i rate him higher.

The interesting thing for me with City is will Pep rest De Bruyne over Christmas and will they drop points because if he keeps playing him every week i can see him getting absolutely spent come the CL KOs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Yea KDB is the best player this season tbh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Pep is playing him 90 min ever week in the PL plus CL. Pep better give him all of Christmas off and new years off. Hopeful we can built a 8-11 points lead going into the holiday season as a cushion.

UEFA wrote:No one has run further in the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League than Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne: LINK
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:25 pm

In fairness to Firenze though, Pogba was absolutely fantastic before injury but we can't live in could be's and if he's not there he can't be compared sadly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:28 pm

I agree about pogba but no player outside of City should be POTS anyways so far lol.

It's either KDB or Silva or Aguero with Kane the 4th choice.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:I agree about pogba but no player outside of City should be POTS anyways so far lol.

It's either KDB or Silva or Aguero with Kane the 4th choice.

Agreed hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:53 pm

He is a complete player, can score from anywhere and can assist from anywhere, with his left or his right-- it doesn't matter.

Let's have a thought for Mourinho who preferred Schurrle over him...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Firenze wrote:

rofl steady

So who would be your best player in the PL so far?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Doc wrote:
Firenze wrote:

rofl steady

So who would be your best player in the PL so far?
salah :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Eriksen, Kane, Salah, Bailly

all better so far

can even argue Sterling has been better
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 pm

Lol just no.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:51 pm

Bailly, you really put Bailly there. Sigh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next