Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
RedOranje
McAgger
23 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:18 pm

6m is amazing for Smith especially when there is a buy back and no He's not better than Moreno.

If there is a god, Hector 25m will be accepted within a week.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Unique wrote:Brad smith being sold. So Moreno will be our one and only left back
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-accept-6m-bournemouth-bid-11656042.amp#
I guess that means another LB is incoming hmm . I guess we wouldn't be sending Flanagan away now.

Also; £15m for Ibe, £6m for Brad...I wouldn't be moaning about any over the top purchase for the time being. PL has gone crazy. :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Curtinho, what's your take on this Jetro Willems lad???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Curtinho wrote:How are we selling Brad Smith but Moreno still keeps his job? Jesus christ.
Brad Smith is Moreno without the technical quality.

Granted, that is also a potential argument for keeping him as backup. However, 6m for him is probably double what he's actually worth. It will be a difficult deal to turn down, if we are at all confident of bringing in another LB. I know that I'm in the minority of Liverpool supporters, but I'm actually not all hot-and-bothered to see the back of Moreno. He's an attacking fullback that has been exposed at times (partially down to his own nature and partially down to systematic risk), and at those times he's had a CB that failed to cover for him. I'm willing to give him another chance, and Klopp seems to agree, as we have been looking at backups for him, and backups of a similar ilk, no less. This not only suggests that Klopp has no issue starting the season with him as first-choice, but is looking to bring in more players with similar traits.

Now, is that to say that I'm against upgrading at the position: of course not. I just don't see the need in dropping 25m-30m on a LB, when I don't believe it's a position of need. My preference would be to bring in a player that is of a similar age (or younger), who can push Moreno to either improve or be replaced. My choice for the role is (and has been since Villa's relegation) Jordan Amavi. He has a similar style to Moreno with the potential to be better defensively as he matures. He'd likely start the season on the bench (especially considering he missed the season run-in with an injury), but could surpass Moreno within a season or two.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:07 am

Allen medical today, Stoke it seems not Swansea.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:44 pm

I think you're looking at Moreno with rose coloured glasses. He's an attacking fullback that rarely, if ever, makes good decisions in the final third, and he can't defend at all. Period. He is caught out of position, misses more tackles, and fails at headers more than any other player on our team period. Brad Smith was a better fullback in the games he played for us, and if there is any value left in Moreno at all (I doubt it) I would have sold him in a heartbeat before I sold Smith. Hell, I'd use Milner or another Academy player at fullback before keeping Moreno. He is absolutely toxic on the field, and will be an absolute liability to us if he's permitted to play big minutes for this team.

Also Allen leaving makes me sad, but it is what it is. Hope he does well at Stoke except when we play them.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:56 pm

I dont think you can compare three-four games of Smith to Moreno's complete season. Because I have also seen Smith doing similar mistakes as Moreno. If Smith played the full season and Moreno played only 3-4 games, you would have the same reaction as you have now. Smith can be better than Moreno but he is not as of now. Moreno needs to do better but I dont think as of now we have someone who can be a starter every week IN-OUT. Smith should have stayed and fought for his place but it seems otherwise.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 pm

We can agree to disagree. Even in his short stint with us I saw more defensive acumen than Moreno has ever shown. There's never been a game, I think, that I've looked at Moreno and thought 'wow, solid job at the back'. This is going on two years of absolute liability and IMO it's really sad that he hasn't even had a scare for his position yet.

iftikhar wrote:Curtinho, what's your take on this Jetro Willems lad???

I used to really love Willems. There's a ton of talent there but I think he's just a more talented version of Moreno at this point to be honest. He's faster, better technically and has much better crossing but he has the same problems on the defensive end. I kind of always hoped (and still do) that he'll figure it out back there because he can be a smart player but he might be more suited to becoming a winger and definitely isn't the answer to our fullback problem right now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:51 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/757638920943394816?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:02 am

Unique wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/757638920943394816?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

u on twatter brah? Whats your handle?

The photo seems fake to me tbf, why would he do that when he's contracted to his current club still.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 pm

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/ryan-kent-joins-the-reds-3207251.aspx

Kent's left, Brannagan, Flanagan and Dunn are soon to follow.
Smith for 6m to Bournemouth should be confirmed by tomorrow night as well.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/757638920943394816?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

u on twatter brah? Whats your handle?

The photo seems fake to me tbf, why would he do that when he's contracted to his current club still.
no mate I'm not on twitter. just looking around for Liverpool news and came across that
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:08 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/229415-brad-smith-seals-switch-to-bournemouth

Brad Smith's gone. 6m + Buy Back.

Lucas and Balotelli to soon follow suit, Flano, Brannagan and Ejaria for a loan as well.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:06 pm

A bit worried about the slow pace in clearing-out the surplus players. Also, with Smith gone and Flanagan to follow; there got to be an incoming L/RWB.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:31 pm

There's still a month left, So there's no need to get worried. Im not really sure we'll have any more signings other than one more full back.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:38 pm

http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article/2016-17/liverpool-forward-jack-dunn-signs-for-morecambe-on-a-six-month-loan-3216499.aspx
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Such a shitty window. As if Mané and Wijnaldum are what it takes to break into the top-4. Talk about mid-table mentality.

I'm going into the season with massive doubts about Klopp. Either he's going to prove me wrong or right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:Such a shitty window. As if Mané and Wijnaldum are what it takes to break into the top-4. Talk about mid-table mentality.

I'm going into the season with massive doubts about Klopp. Either he's going to prove me wrong or right.
in the 2nd half of last season we were top goal scorers in the lge. now we have added 22 goals and 20 assists to the midfield in the form of mane and GW. we also got ings back he has 15 goals in him all day long. we have more than enough talent to score goals its just letting them in that's the problem. matip looked good in the few games he played then got injured also bad luck with the injury to the keeper who again was looking good. we just need a leftback. if we can get a few wins going and the confidence goes up I think we can have a good season.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Matip - Skrtel
Klavan - Toure
Mane - Lallana
GW - Allen
Manninger - Bogdan (lol)
Grujic - Lucas

I think we've made progress, Its not CL level progress but he's starting to build a squad. A strong push for 4th place and maybe a few semi finals with the youngsters in the cups will leave me optimistic for next season.

This season expecting nothing more than 5th best case
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:07 pm

We've signed 4 sure 100% starters who will 100% improve us in some way.

Matip, Mane, Gini, and Karius. And Grujic who is a Emre Can kind of signing when he came in 2014.

When else have we ever done this?

In 2015 we signed only TWO incoming starters in Firmino and Clyne that improved us. Benteke failed.

In 2014 Zero. In took both Can and Origi 1-2 years to show their true potential and now finally they can claim a starting spot. Lallana and Lovren and Moreno were not improvements even though they came into the starting XI.

In 2013 Zero. Sakho was a starter but he was NOT an improvement on Agger. Mignolet starter but not better than Reina.

In 2012 ZERO.

In 2011 ZERO
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Art Morte wrote:Such a shitty window. As if Mané and Wijnaldum are what it takes to break into the top-4. Talk about mid-table mentality.

Name a few players that you would have liked and preferred to those you got, please.
Andy Carroll goes without saying so you don't need to name him.
Also try to keep in mind whether they would have been realistic signings.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Name a few players that you would have liked and preferred to those you got, please.
I would have liked gotze and Ricardo Rodriguez
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

I'd rather have taken Yarmolenko or Andre Ayew than the one-trick speedster Mané.

As for Wijnaldum, he wasn't needed in the first place.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

I'd rather have taken Yarmolenko or Andre Ayew than the one-trick speedster Mané.

As for Wijnaldum, he wasn't needed in the first place.
I think mane will have a very good season under klopp tbh. he is very quick and direct and as we know has a eye for goal. I trust klopp with this one. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:56 am

I agree with you to an extent, but I do feel you're a tad harsh.

We have overpaid on both, but at the end of the day this is the current market. Also we don't have United type of funds, all our signings will have cost, well under Pogba's rumoured fee. And most of our signings DO help us.

Mane and Wijnaldum are both workhorses. Something Klopp needs / looks upon in regards to his philosophy. Something we've lacked in the final third since Suarez has left. And Kuyt before him.

Looking at our signings, these aren't like Benteke signings where we're buying a player where we need to adapt to them. Klopp is signing players that SUIT HIM, not the other way around. Which is something I've cried about for years and finally glad we have someone competent in charge. Just hoping we adapt to Klopp and Klopp doesn't adapt to Liverpool's mediocre ways as I don't rate Wijnaldum too highly. He's good, but as a squad player I feel.

With that said, I feel Wijnaldum was signed to replace Milner long term; with the current vision that James will be used as a utility as a full back as well. And thinking of Mane as Dirk Kuyt on turbo. :whistle:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 am

I agree that Mané and Wijnaldum may suit Klopp's preferred style of quick transitions and high pressing. But my worry is that is that style going to be successful for us in the Prem. Most teams are going to defend deep'ish against us. We're going to have most of the possession in most games, I think. I'm not convinced that Klopp's philosophy - and the players he's buying for it - are going to be a success at Liverpool.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next