Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 32 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by farfan Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:03 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I guess it's a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I respect that.

In that regard, here's mine: I believe the current crop of French players is very overrated and we should stay the hell away from them.

There are other countries to buy from, and there's no point in buying an overpriced player only to watch them get exposed and royally flop. If they have a player of Ronaldo's caliber, then by all means, break the bank for them. But if you're going to stack our squad with overrated, useless, whiny and injury-prone players and then watch you later make up excuses as to why they flopped, then please leave them where they are.

I've seen this sentiment expressed by a lot of Madrid fans. It appears to be a knee-jerk reaction to the disillusionment over Benzema's form/career rather than an idea grounded in logic or facts. Reading some of these comments, you'd think Madrid has a long history of buying french flops.
The most expensive flops in recent history haven't been french: Coentrao, Kaka, Illaramendi, James, Danilo, Lucas Silva etc...

What other league exports more players to the European top 4 than Ligue 1? What are these other countries that are flop-proof and offer better value for money?

Last edited by farfan on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 32 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by farfan Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Carrasco isn't better than Hazard, that's silly. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:09 pm

I know this is just a forum of opinions, but a little reality check here about this Griesman vs Hazard. We don't buy from Atletico! We have this non agressive pact with them. We are breaking it for Theo, a player not even on their first team yet (and still won't be next year), but that cost and impact is no where in comparison to trying for one of their star players. They may lose him to EPL, but no way they sell him to us.

The question in my mind though is how to they fit Hazard into lineup given it appears unlikely none of BBC will go.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:12 pm

They don't have to sell to us... Griezmann has a 100 mil release clause and Real Madrid is not excluded (on purpose). It's more a question of whether Griezmann wants to burn his Atleti bridges. Really will depend on what else is out there for him. Ideally, Man U makes CL and that's his first choice if they do.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:18 pm

So Hala, should we sign Sigurdsson since he creates more big chances than Hazard? or maybe you will show us the stats of superior wingers Koke, Saul and Carrasco to support your claim.

L'Equipe aka Fred Hermel is rolling out today that we plan to sign Griezmann in 2018 when CR goes (if he goes lol) just sounds horrendous to me. let's wait when that actually happens before we decide how to move forward. I will never get over the positioning of players like Griezmann or Dybala, same type of lads, they are just a more scoring version of James if you ask me, or Second Striker or wannabes center forward who have perpetually flopped for us lately.

If we want a CF, Grizzy isnt that. if we want a winger grizzy isnt that. Unless you guys think Griezmann is the next big thing (i dont) and we absolutely need his genius around to stay relevant, this doesnt make sense to me
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Most players have a release clause, but it still is viewed as a sale and will be against the non aggressive pact. If we tried, the relationship between the clubs will be worst than ever for the next decade!

Besides there has been zero reported interest in him from club. Only interest has been expressed here by you!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 pm

not really. It's all over the media... the legit media meaning l'Equipe in France and Marca. Now Fred Hermel is reporting it too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:51 pm

it's fred hermel who is writing the article in lequipe, and two days ago, he said it in l'afterfoot on RMC. it's all him, he is obsessed with all things french in madrid so im not surprised, i just hope it doesnt happen
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:04 pm

It's not just him Nick... Griezmann's agent is saying it's possible too and Madrid have made inquiries.

That's RMC's source... Griezmann's agent. They had an interview with him last week.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Lol, Nick, did you realize that Sports' real name is Fred Hermel!

There is zero chance of Griesman coming to Real Madrid.

Do you and others have an opinion on how a Hazard or even a Griesman can fit into this squad given it appears unlikely that any of BBC will leave.

My opinion is with a Griesman or Dybala, they have to change formation to a 4-4-2 and for all the reasons you stated it won't work plus that really means a midfield of Kroos and Modric. That is way to much strain on defense.

With Hazard, they have to do some rotation between Ronaldo, Bale and Hazard. Ronaldo should begin some phasing out plus he can play some CF and with Bale his injuries will help out the rotation. However I'm not sure that will keep all 4 happy. The other option is to sell, likely Bale aka Robben.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 pm

farfan wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:I guess it's a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I respect that.

In that regard, here's mine: I believe the current crop of French players is very overrated and we should stay the hell away from them.

There are other countries to buy from, and there's no point in buying an overpriced player only to watch them get exposed and royally flop. If they have a player of Ronaldo's caliber, then by all means, break the bank for them. But if you're going to stack our squad with overrated, useless, whiny and injury-prone players and then watch you later make up excuses as to why they flopped, then please leave them where they are.

I've seen this sentiment expressed by a lot of Madrid fans. It appears to be a knee-jerk reaction to the disillusionment over Benzema's form/career rather than an idea grounded in logic or facts. Reading some of these comments, you'd think Madrid has a long history of buying french flops.
The most expensive flops in recent history haven't been french: Coentrao, Kaka, Illaramendi, James, Danilo, Lucas Silva etc...

What other league exports more players to the European top 4 than Ligue 1? What are these other countries that are flop-proof and offer better value for money?

I was very specific and chose my words carefully. I said the current crop of French players is overrated, and I still stand by it.

It's not that you don't have talented players. You obviously do, but the hype surrounding them usually doesn't really measure up to their actual talent.

Some people presented Pogba as a god among men. When I watched him play, the only thing that I thought he had in common with god was his invisibility. Now, don't get me wrong, he's obviously talented, but he's nowhere, and I truly mean nowhere near the hype nor is he even worth half of the sum United paid for his signature.

Payet, same thing. I remember very distinctly that some people started at one point shoving the idea of bringing him to Madrid down our throats. When I watched him, the first thought that came to me was: "Really? This guy?!"

And the list doesn't end there. You have Varane, Umtiti, and that joke for a CF called Benzema.

France has produced some of the best players in football history, that's undeniable. However, I think their current roster is criminally overrated (not all, but many).

Btw, I apologize in advance if you felt offended, that wasn't certainly my intention. You're a good poster, and the last thing I want is to offend you Smile
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:29 pm

Pepe: "My future? God knows. I have a contract until June 30. I will wait for Real Madrid until the last second because this is my house."

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:34 pm

His injury put a nail in that coffin though... it's likely over for Pepe. He's injured just as much as Varane lately.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:26 pm

I would isolate that to this season only. There is a reason Varane was moaning about playing time until this season. Both Ramos and Pepe have been very reliable in the injury front up until this season. Nacho was a fringe player who probably got 30 mins a season etc etc. This season all our players have been super injury prone Pepe not withstanding. I expect Pepe's injury problems to magically dissappear when he puts pen to paper. It's clearly due to that imo. No coach will rely on a guy that'll be leaving at the end of the season (or rumoured to anyways), hence why I believe he dissappeared from the picture since November and only reappeared when Varane got injured
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Not so sure dude. I don't think Zidane wants to play Nacho as much as he's had to at CB this season.

The injuries for Pepe are legit and typical of aging CBs. You lung, stretch, twist, etc. a lot at the position and you it makes you susceptible to these things.

Bale is the king of injuries though. I expect one soon. He's gone far too long without getting something.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Bale is as unreliable as they come. I am willing to see how he fares next season before making a judgement. If he gets another long term injury then he can f off for all I care
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:13 pm

the way Pepe was talking today, he is out.

i am still kinds shocked we are going to be relying on Nacho, Ramos, Varane and Vallejo next season. like wtf, i like Vallejo but unless he is somekind of phenom this is a worrying prospect
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Madrid is looking at Kimpembe too Nick.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:24 pm

this is the first time i see his name mentioned, but i would argue we need to sign a top CB for next season, which kimpembe is not. plus one of vallejo or nacho or even both it does not matter.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Is Vallejo that good of a prospect that we are letting go a UCL and Euro winning, still world class defender?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:45 pm

I dont know, as a general rule of thumb, i find it hard to trust kids at CB.

the best at that position all have a lot of experience they sit on. I mean even Varane, regardless of his talent, still makes mistake and still has plenty to learn. It's disappointing we are not relying on veterans at the back.

And Pepe himself had moments were i looked at him and i thought, this guy is done. Yet he came back and played up to an elite level again.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:27 pm

i find it hard to trust any cb. at madrid, we do a good job of really testing your cb credentials, by allowing you the luxury of facing numerous attacks from different angles. i'm not too picky on who we sign as cb, cos i know even if we signed manolo sanchis in his prime we'd find a way to expose his flaws by not being defensively sound as a team. i just hope we sign a defender with attitude, who can yell at his backline when they leave him exposed.....i know we're not going to get some super effective man to man marker, not in this day and age
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Calma, Pepe will stay. Geez people calling him injury prone when his own guy ploughed into him breaking 2 of his ribs!!! whereas the guy who is really injury prone trips over his own feet???

I had 4 broken ribs once, hurt like hell, but I was fully recovered in a month, pain was mostly gone after two, and I'm a hell of a lot older than Pepe. Pepe is not done for the season.

And surely the club must see what he adds to the club and what Varane nor Nacho don't. He himself said he will wait to the last second to decide as he is reluctant to leave his home. Sure Vallejo is doing well, so is Llorente by the way, but let's leave them where they are for another year or two.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:43 am

this injury is what i call an accident, or a freak injury. we saw it happen, and i bet it hurts like hell, wish him a sound recovery and hope he doesn't rush himself.

that aside, he is injury prone. what i term as injury prone are those guys who you just read the news and hear they're out. they were not tackled or nothing, they could have just been jogging on the pitch and they pull one muscle or the other. some, they're not even on the pitch when you hear that they're injured. and pepe among many others - marcelo, james, bale to name a few, has had bouts of those kind of injuries over his madrid career

i'm not sure about vallejo nor llorente. haven't seen vallejo play. i've seen llorente, and whilst i understand malaga's not good, there's little or nothing about him as a cb that's exciting. plus at madrid you'll have to learn to play every game like a final, especially for a cb....just watching to see what we'll do. we still must plan for a future without pepe though. he's not getting any younger
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm

It's happening! Check out Marca today.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 pm

may i ask what's happening?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next