Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ribery: Pep lacks experience - Page 7 Empty Re: Ribery: Pep lacks experience

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:05 am

And then this guy with the stupid helmet, with the straps open rofl
don't get me started on this guy rofl

was it Chivu or Pandev
like a mickey mouse whose ears had been cut off

I'm fairly sure he only wore this helmet so he could do stupid shit on the pitch, like kicking a ball away or rolling around, and get away with it more easily because he gave the impression of a mentally handicapped kid who needs a helmet to not hit his head at doors, walls, or floors ffs rofl rofl

Mad Mad Mad

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:25 am

Don't want to be rude here but i feel Pep is kinda stealing limelight from Pogba. Stealing people's thunder, classic Pep.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:37 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:And then this guy with the stupid helmet, with the straps open rofl

was it Chivu or Pandev

I'm fairly sure he only wore this helmet so he could do stupid shit on the pitch, like kicking a ball away or rolling around, and get away with it more easily because he gave the impression of a mentally handicapped kid who needs a helmet to not hit his head at doors, walls, or floors ffs rofl rofl

Mad Mad Mad

and that ugly guy in attack

Spoiler:

Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:56 am

That Inter team was amazing. Ripped Barcelona apart, made Bayern look like a 3rd division team etc. Best team of the current century so far.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:05 am

zigra wrote:That Inter team was amazing. Ripped Barcelona apart, made Bayern look like a 3rd division team etc. Best team of the current century so far.

You are out of your mind.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:37 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
zigra wrote:That Inter team was amazing. Ripped Barcelona apart, made Bayern look like a 3rd division team etc. Best team of the current century so far.

You are out of your mind.

ikr Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:17 am

Agreed. Defeated all the champions of all the top leagues of their time. Still haven't seen a team as solid as that one since. Barca/Real/Bayern/Juve/Chelsea have come closest. Only Barca exceeded the trophy count.

Last edited by Lord Awesome on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:27 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:And then this guy with the stupid helmet, with the straps open rofl

was it Chivu or Pandev

Mad Mad Mad

Chivu.

Probably the least talked about WC Defender in that era. My personal favorite from Inter/Romania NT defense. Molenation
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:29 am

Its hard to stand out playing next to Samuel, Lucio and Maicon and behind Zanetti and Cambiasso. That defense was stacked
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:32 am

Don't take it seriously, Hans Laughing

But that Inter team was very solid. Obviously not perfect, but they executed what they came to do, to the letter. I remember those debates back then and the incredible bitchfests Barca fans were on because they did not play football the "right" way. Incredible defensive discipline was shown by those players, truly underrated.

And back on Pep... the frack? Pep kept Messi from getting injured? As in like, opening the Footballer's Master's Manual, hitting page 344 and reading the first rule of youth handling? "Thus must not overplay your half-man, half-child player until thee is blessed with Man-ness"?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:27 am

Pep did though, I'm not saying that any other coach couldn't of done it.

But Messi was very injury prone before him and he put him on a specific training regime and diet, I don't give him a ridiculous amount of credit for it as it's not like it's some amazing stroke of genius but it did happen.

To say it didn't is immense levels of history revisionism.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Mole, please tell me which manager other than Pep Guardiola is praised for making the CL semi finals for three years straight with a top 3 team? I'll eagerly await your answer.

Your biggest issue is easily explained. Reaching the CL semifinals with a top 3 team is an acceptable feat, but not a special one. This is why no one considers this as success. If he achieved three semi finals with Arsenal, that would certainly be considered successful (and even then he would be criticized, because no one likes stagnation).

I agree with you on undeserved praise. Which is what Guardiola is getting compared to other managers who are just as successful - some of them even more successful than him - but don't get near as much credit.

Moving the goalposts again. Pep isn't praised for reaching consecutive semis, he's called a fraud and a failure.
Then when we defend him against this nonsense, you go "oh look he's being praised for reaching semis".

Disingenuous, lazy, resentful.

Exactly lol, I wouldn't even mention it if he wasn't accused of being a flop and a fraud for not winning the CL every year.

As for the other stuff these last few posts I want to address, urban what coaches (who are still top class) have achieved more who get less credit?

He's won 6 league titles and 2 CLs so far, please name these multiple coaches who have won more but don't get credit.

Like Casciavit says, all of them have faults but none of them are judged as highly as he is. Ancelotti for example won 1 Serie A in 9 years at Milan with THAT Milan team and he doesn't get anywhere near the same criticism Pep receives for not doing something that only Ancelotti and Paisley have done 3 times EVER each year.

Think about how that ridiculous that is, he gets criticism for not winning the top prize in European football every year. No one else has ever been judged to expect to get to at least the final every year of the top competition of any sport.

Yet you want to sit here and try and deny that he's judged at a higher level than his peers lol. You say he's no better than other top managers yet you judge him far higher than the managers you claim he's better right now.

I can guarantee right now if Bayern don't win the CL, Ancelotti won't get anywhere near the same criticism and you'll sit there with a straight face trying to tell yourself that you are not judging Pep on a different level lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:13 pm

futbol wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:'He built a GOAT team' Laughing

That Barca team had some of the best individual talent of all time + the GOAT himself. He wouldn't have got past the semis in his Barca tenure without Messi in their roster. So basically his Bayern team is Barca minus Messi. I guess its harder to win CL without having a guy who can take an entire team by himself Laughing

Yes, he did build a GOAT team. Who was it that built the midfield around Xavi and Iniesta when it was widely regarded by the media, that they couldn't co-exist with one another in the midfield? Aragones.

Who binned all the bad influences and gave Messi the primary attacking responsibility? Messi himself.

Who turned Pique into a CB who many regarded as one of the best in the world? Many are stupid.

Who called up Busquets and made him a starter? Pep.

Who put Messi into the false 9? Messi.

Who made a scrub like Pedro look like an actual footballer? La Masia. (:

But nah, let me guess any other coach would have done that, silly me. When things go wrong it's on the coach, when things go well it's because of the players.

Just proves why you are one of the worst posters on the forum. See yourself out son.

Fixed.

There is a difference between Aragones playing Iniesta as a LM and Xavi as a RCM in a 4-4-2 and them playing as interiors in Barca's 4-3-3. Barca was playing 4-3-3 and people used to say Xavi and Iniesta couldn't play as interiors together. I'm not making this shit up, you know it as well. The fact of the matter is, that's a step Pep took to building his team.

Messi wanted his friends like Deco, Dinho, and co. to stay. He was pissed about them leaving and his relationship with Pep was off to a rocky start until Pep let him go to the olympics. Another step Pep took. I'm not making this up, you know it's true as well.

Pique was highly praised when Pep was coaching the team. You guys used to call him Piquenbauer ffs. I'm not sure why you dislike him he was really good for you guys in 2015. hmm

Pedro starting ahead of Henry in 2010 rather than Barca signing a big money signing was also done by Pep. His 5-game goalscoring streak which gave the illusion that he's WC (™️ Futbol), happened under Pep's reign, didn't it?

I don't get what was so outrageous with that post. I'm not sure if every coach would have done the same thing, but those are the steps he took and they played out wonders.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:'He built a GOAT team' Laughing

That Barca team had some of the best individual talent of all time + the GOAT himself. He wouldn't have got past the semis in his Barca tenure without Messi in their roster. So basically his Bayern team is Barca minus Messi. I guess its harder to win CL without having a guy who can take an entire team by himself Laughing

Yes, he did build a GOAT team. Who was it that built the midfield around Xavi and Iniesta when it was widely regarded by the media, that they couldn't co-exist with one another in the midfield? Pep.

Who binned all the bad influences and gave Messi the primary attacking responsibility? Pep.

Who turned Pique into a CB who many regarded as one of the best in the world? Pep.

Who called up Busquets and made him a starter? Pep.

Who put Messi into the false 9? Pep.

Who made a scrub like Pedro look like an actual footballer? Pep.

But nah, let me guess any other coach would have done that, silly me. When things go wrong it's on the coach, when things go well it's because of the players.

Just proves why you are one of the worst posters on the forum. See yourself out son.

Look at this post. Pep sensationalism at it's best.

Who other than Pep Guardiola could possibly make XAVI and INIESTA work TOGETHER. HOLY SHITTTTTT.

Who turned this Pique kid - who managed to get a transfer to Manchester United long before Pep had any influence in him - into a world class CB. OMFGGGGG

Who made the most obvious move in football by playing your best forward centrally and closer to the goal. PEP OF COURSE. DAMN I'M CUMMIN'

WHO made a decent professional winger into a decent professional winger. OOOOOHHHH I'M DONE.

Stop getting your panties in a twist, you mong.

Pep was the one who decided to play them as interiors in a 4-3-3, and it worked out.

Yes, he moved Messi to the middle, while benching a 60M+ Eto'o striker named Ibrahimovic.

Pedro was made a starter and was actually good for a few seasons, under his reign.

He is the coach who made those decisions and they played out wonderfully. If any other coach did the same thing, they would get praise too. They weren't exactly the most popular decisions at the beginning, but they ended up working wonders. Another coach would have done a few of those things, but not all of them. At the end of the day Pep did, so he gets credit for it. Because ya know... he's the coach.

Comprende?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Mong Laughing

I had almost forgotten that I'm arguing with a child.

Have a good day/night Casciavit Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:32 pm

No comeback, typical. See yourself out. Thumbs up
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Mole, please tell me which manager other than Pep Guardiola is praised for making the CL semi finals for three years straight with a top 3 team? I'll eagerly await your answer.

Your biggest issue is easily explained. Reaching the CL semifinals with a top 3 team is an acceptable feat, but not a special one. This is why no one considers this as success. If he achieved three semi finals with Arsenal, that would certainly be considered successful (and even then he would be criticized, because no one likes stagnation).

I agree with you on undeserved praise. Which is what Guardiola is getting compared to other managers who are just as successful - some of them even more successful than him - but don't get near as much credit.

Moving the goalposts again. Pep isn't praised for reaching consecutive semis, he's called a fraud and a failure.
Then when we defend him against this nonsense, you go "oh look he's being praised for reaching semis".

Disingenuous, lazy, resentful.

Exactly lol, I wouldn't even mention it if he wasn't accused of being a flop and a fraud for not winning the CL every year.

As for the other stuff these last few posts I want to address, urban what coaches (who are still top class)  have achieved more who get less credit?

He's won 6 league titles and 2 CLs so far, please name these multiple coaches who have won more but don't get credit.

Like Casciavit says, all of them have faults but none of them are judged as highly as he is. Ancelotti for example won 1 Serie A in 9 years at Milan with THAT Milan team and he doesn't get anywhere near the same criticism Pep receives for not doing something that only Ancelotti and Paisley have done 3 times EVER each year.

Think about how that ridiculous that is, he gets criticism for not winning the top prize in European football every year. No one else has ever been judged to expect to get to at least the final every year of the top competition of any sport.

Yet you want to sit here and try and deny that he's judged at a higher level than his peers lol. You say he's no better than other top managers yet you judge him far higher than the managers you claim he's better right now.

I can guarantee right now if Bayern don't win the CL, Ancelotti won't get anywhere near the same criticism and you'll sit there with a straight face trying to tell yourself that you are not judging Pep on a different level lol.

Mole you keep repeating the same argument, despite me responding to it every time. Which manager doesn't get as much credit for everything as Pep does? Everyone one of them. Mourinho, Simeone, Ancelotti, Luis Enrique. None of them are labeled "genius" for minimum achievement.

Let's assume for one moment that there's a conspiracy going against Pep (and I completelt disagree that there is). If this is true, it's because of his fans. Why you ask? Because his fans keep praising him for stuff like making Messi less injury prone or for making the semi finals with a top 3 team. These are non achievements compared to what other top managers are achieving and they don't get the same positive treatment. If you were to treat Guardiola as you treat any other manager, people wouldn't be as harsh (if you think they are).

If Ancelotti only makes the semi finals (or worse) with Bayern for three years, he will also be blamed. Same as Pep and every other manager. There's no conspiracy against Pep.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Damn I've really rustled a lot of people in this thread, I've been called a: mong, brain dead, retard, idiot by several posters because I dared speak against the Pep Proud

Still I love you guys cheers
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:05 pm

No one is praising him for semi finals as Hans already said, it's used to defend him against those who call him a fraud for not getting to the final every year.

Also nobody is saying what Pep did with Messi is anything any over good manager would have done but it did happen.

Simeone and Luis Enrique haven't achieved anything anywhere near as Pep, the only difference between him and Mourinho despite being younger is Mourinho's two league titles in Portugal, Ancelotti has two less league titles and one more CL title.

So thanks again for proving my point, also none of them have been discredited for failing to make a CL final. Never not once,  bet Pep readily is all the time.

Also if Ancelotti wasn't discredited for failing to make the semi finals with PSG or getting knocked out in the second round with Chelsea after breaking league records the season before so why do you expect me to believe he's going to suddenly going to be criticized next season?

Don't make me laugh, like i said he's the only manager who is held to this historic standard and everyone else is just brushed off like it never happened.

It would help if you just admitted what we all know instead of deluding yourself into thinking that other managers are held to the make the finals/win the CL or you are a fraud standard because they ain't.

You ain't fooling anybody, it makes it funnier when you hold him to this standard and the same managers who you claim he's inferior to or same level are not held to the same standard.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:06 pm

if anything mourinho was praised at real madrid for reaching the semi finals three years running lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No one is praising him for semi finals as Hans already said, it's used to defend him against those who call him a fraud for not getting to the final every year.

Also nobody is saying what Pep did with Messi is anything any over good manager would have done but it did happen.

Simeone and Luis Enrique haven't achieved anything anywhere near as Pep, the only difference between him and Mourinho despite being younger is Mourinho's two league titles in Portugal, Ancelotti has two less league titles and one more CL title.

So thanks again for proving my point, also none of them have been discredited for failing to make a CL final. Never not once,  bet Pep readily is all the time.

Also if Ancelotti wasn't discredited for failing to make the semi finals with PSG or getting knocked out in the second round with Chelsea after breaking league records the season before so why do you expect me to believe he's going to suddenly going to be criticized next season?

Don't make me laugh, like i said he's the only manager who is held to this historic standard and everyone else is just brushed off like it never happened.

It would help if you just admitted what we all know instead of deluding yourself into thinking that other managers are held to the make the finals/win the CL or you are a fraud standard because they ain't.

You ain't fooling anybody, it makes it funnier when you hold him to this standard and the same managers who you claim he's inferior to or same level are not held to the same standard.

You are praising him though, that's what you do when you reply "But he made the semi finals! That's not easy!" to a post that says "Making the semi finals with a top 3 team in the world for three years straigh is not success".

You can't compare PSG and Chelsea expectations to Bayerns. Bayern are a top 3 team financially so by definition they belong ATLEAST in the semi finals. PSG and Chelsea are top 10 teams and achieving the quarter finals/sometimes semifinals is all they can expect.

Luis Enrique has won the treble with Barça and Simeone has won La Liga and reached two CL finals with a much lighter budget. This is real success as opposed to winning a one-man league, which was already a one-man league the year before Pep arrived. None of them are widely known as geniuses though :whistle:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:20 pm

was it Chivu or Pandev

Mad Mad Mad

no, moron... He wore a helmet because of this

Chivu   Proud Proud
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Donuts wrote:if anything mourinho was praised at real madrid for reaching the semi finals three years running lol

http://www.goallegacy.net/t30006-mourinho-has-failed

pls
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:26 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Damn I've really rustled a lot of people in this thread, I've been called a: mong, brain dead, retard, idiot by several posters because I dared speak against the Pep Proud

Still I love you guys cheers

I've not called you a single thing, only your posts. Not everything revolves around you

love you back cheers
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:

was it Chivu or Pandev

Mad Mad Mad

no, moron... He wore a helmet because of this

Chivu   Proud Proud

I'm not going to watch this as I hate watching back nasty injuries

but I'm still fairly sure Chivu wouldn't have needed this helmet and he only wore it to get advantages like free candy at the local fairground, or leniency with UEFA referees
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:30 pm

When people say Pep is a genius they are talking about tactical things that no other coach does to change games.

He did similar things at Barca, people go Lerl Messi but go back and watch those games and he did many tactical things which gave them an edge to make them great.

That's not to say he's not faultless because he quite clearly is but he quite clearly does things from a tactical point of view that most coaches wouldn't even think about and when they come off it looks great.

I'd argue that Ancelotti and Simeone have similar traits but in different ways. It's not always about winning, for example Capello won more than Sacchi but Sacchi gets more credit because he did creative things from a tactical point of view that made them great.

That isn't exactly a new thing really, creative coaches with new/updated idea always get praise. People did the same with Klopp at Dortmund. Not sure why that annoys anybody lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next