juvealbanian
Warrior
salmano9
Luca
juve_gigi
28 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 32 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by salmano9 Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:42 am

It makes much more sense to go all in for caldara because p we are planning to replace the old guard at the back. However for Gagliardini, I do not understand the fee.

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 32 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by rincon Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:06 am

Yes I like Caldara too and we do need to replace the old guard come 2018, I am not against this deal.

On the other hand, our midfield is a mess, at least the defense is extremely good. So if it makes sense to sign a defender for the future of our defense, when its great, doesn't it make sense to sign a midfielder when it is our weak point?

We are paying some 20m for Caldara according to reports, this is more expensive than 20m for Gagliardini. He is a CB, 20m is more than what we'll pay for Benatia! more than what we paid for Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Caceres and Rugani. 20m for Caldara is not a steal, nor one of Marotta's magic deals. It is paying a bunch of money to secure a talented player early and without competition, like Milan did for Romagnoli.

Gagliardini is a midfielder who already made it to la nazionale at his age. This is no coincidence, the kid shows a lot of talent and good performances. Since the start of the season he benched Freuler and became one of Atalanta's most important players and earned himself a call up by Ventura. More important in their general play than Kessie for sure.

We payed some 15m (i remember it was something like that) for Asamoah and Pereyra. This is where the price of good midfielders starts. Bertolacci went for 20m. Now the market is more inflated every year (seen by us paying 20m for Caldara).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:53 pm

These days the Italian youths are a bit overrated IMO and I'm afraid that Gagliardini might just turn out to be another Bertolacci, who is not anywhere worth 20m. Ventura has been testing players and calling up many of the youths. Getting a NT call up is not a proof that he is excellent or something. Look at Baselli, Benassi, imo just average if you put them in Juve and they won't get a full 90mins.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:17 pm

If Hernanes, Asamoah and Lemina can get 90 minutes then Benassi and Baselli sure can. Not that I want them here though.

Our midfield might not even be top 3 in Serie A if we are honest. Roma's and Napoli's are much better, Lazio's might even edge us. Talking performances here for this season, not names and potential.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:27 pm

'Juve for Champions League with Witsel'
By Football Italia staff

Zenit assistant manager Carlo Nicolini believes Juventus “can win the Champions League” if they sign Axel Witsel.

The midfielder had already agreed terms on transfer deadline day this summer and sat in the Turin HQ for 13 hours, but the final all-clear never came from Russia.

His contract is due to expire at the end of the season and Witsel intends to join Juve, whether next month or in June.

“I am going against my own interests, because I’d love Axel to stay with us for a long time, but if he were to join Juventus, they’d find the player that in my view they’re still missing,” Nicolini told Calciomercato.com.

He is the assistant manager to Zenit St Petersburg Coach Mircea Lucescu.

“Witsel is first and foremost a very intelligent lad and an exemplary professional. He could give Juve that physicality they lack in midfield, but also the option of changing system.

“With Witsel, for example, Juve could create a more heavyweight trident attack, which they cannot really do with Miralem Pjanic.

He is perfect in a three-man midfield or as a deep-lying playmaker, while also being able to break down opposition moves.

“When working with Witsel in training, you realise what a great player he is. He’s the classic champion who you don’t notice that much during a game, but his presence is very much felt.

“I think with Witsel in the squad, Juventus could without doubt win the Champions League. Having said all that, I hope he stays at Zenit.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:38 pm

I remember in the summer @S turned up the hate cause I wanted Bernardeschi. What a player. What an exhibition he is having against Napoli. What a season in general.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:29 pm

rincon wrote:I remember in the summer @S turned up the hate cause I wanted Bernardeschi. What a player. What an exhibition he is having against Napoli. What a season in general.

I read tweets that he has a shit character and attitude towards his team mates.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:36 pm

tweets can say many things.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:56 am

rincon wrote:tweets can say many things.

they say shit Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:15 am

Hahahhaha to be honest, even if all these players score 99 goals in Serie A, I do not know when I will be convinced that they are good. Maybe when Belotti scores 40 goals? I'm really sceptical with the Italians these days. Bernandeschi Insigne Zaza Immobile Baselli Benassi, just keep countring, i wanna see what they will do in 4 years. Zaza and Immobile failed in non Serie A teams. Vazquez (no longer youth) proved to be good enough in Sevilla, and he does deserve to be called up for the NT.

Are these players really just hyped or is there something really in them? When will I be convinced? Smile
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:07 am

That's your own prerogative my man. Not rating them because of their nationality doesn't add up though. They could be from Italy, Spain, or Sri Lanka, if they perform then they perform.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:22 am

After closing the deal for Caldara, Juventus are close to signing Gagliardini, who's valued at €20m. [Mediaset]
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Kwadwo Asamoah will stay at Juventus during the African cup of nations. The Ghanian midfielder preferred to stay with Juve.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:44 am

Posting here not to talk about transfer ideas but about the squad.

We need more from Khedira. Against Milan we had Marchisio running things well, Sturaro pressing them high and breaking their play, Pjanic involved and putting in dangerous passes and Khedira...

He got into good positions but fumbled the ball a lot and didn't create much danger, which is not terrible if he had done something of note besides those runs, but nothing.

It was specially bad when poor man's Khedira (Lemina) came in and we had two "luxury" players that couldn't hold Milan's midfield. Pasalic outshone them both, thats not a good sign.

If Dani Alves wasn't injured I'd look into subbing him on as a mezzala in these situations. We tried it with Cuadrado, but imo Alves would be better at it.

@salmano9 your boy played a great game I thought, our level dropped a LOT when Sturaro came off. It was only in the second half of ET when Milan was so tired that we dominated again.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:47 am

Caldara has Juventus medical
By Football Italia staff

It’s rumoured Mattia Caldara missed Empoli’s game against Atalanta so he could undergo a medical with Juventus.

Both parties have dropped numerous hints that the deal is done to bring the young defender to Turin in 2018.

In the meantime, he will stay on loan with Atalanta and gain valuable Serie A experience.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the reason Caldara didn’t play in the last-gasp 2-1 win over Empoli on Tuesday night was so he could undergo a medical in Turin.

Juve are expected to pay €15m for the 22-year-old, plus performance-related bonuses.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:00 am

If we sign Witsel and N'Zonzi in January problem solved. Lemina and Asamoah don't have to come back from Africa... ever...

And Sturaro can be a good sub...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:33 am

Sturaro can be a good scrub on some days tho What a Face

Cup-tied Nzonzi would be a strange pick out of all the options available, but obviously this would be an improvement over the players you mentioned

Witsel, i have a feeling he will join Juventus on the very first day of the mercato
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Since January transfer window is closing in, I'd like to ask how do you guys expect our roster to be for next season ?

I'll go first listing who I expect to leave and who I expect to come during 2017.

I think Barzagli will retire, especially now that Rugani has shown that he has what it takes. If though Benatia isn't permanently signed then I think Barzagli will stay for another season until Caldara is ready to join us.

I expect Lichtsteiner and Evra to be released, Hernanes, Lemina, Asamoah to be sold and if Mandzukic is relegated to the bench again for Dybala I expect him to ask for a transfer as well. There's always the possibility though that Allegri uses Dybala behind Higuain and Mandzukic and Pjanic as a mezz'ala so everyone is happy.

I expect us to sign Witsel, Gagliardini and call back Lirola. Yet I've no idea who else we might want to sign.

Also, this is a personal desire rather than an expectation but I wouldn't mind if Khedira took a pay-cut (currently at 4m) and was relegated to the bench for a better player, or best case scenario was sold to China for a big fee.

Marotta will definitely have a busy summer yet again.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:05 am

for next season so not including the Atalanta guys...

Higuain-Dybala
Sandro-Marchisio-Vidal-Pjanic-Cuadrado
Chiellini-Bonucci-Rugani
Buffon

Bench: Neto - Benatia, Barzagli, Evra, Lirola - Witsel, Khedira, Mandragora, Bentancur, Sturaro - Pjaca, Zaza, Berardi

SELL: Lemina, Hernanes, Alves, Mandzukic, Coman
LEAVE: Lichtsteiner
RETURN FROM LOAN: Zaza
BUY: Vidal, Witsel, Bentancur, Benatia, Berardi

i try to make it realistic Thumbs up

So first of all, Winter 2017 we will buy Witsel as our much-needed reinforcement in the midfield. The Atalanta deal will be confirmed and after that... i don't think we will buy someone else until the next summer window.

imo Buffon, Barzagli and Evra will retire after 2017-2018

i sincerely think and hope that we will buy back Vidal from Bayern. They will pay the clause for K. Coman and we will do the same for Benatia.

Mandzukic will ask to leave, Lichtsteiner won't extend and dead wood like Hernanes and Lemina will be sold. Alves may leave as will, this lad is finished and not suited for Serie A. Asamoah might stay and act as the 2nd choice LB/LM while Evra is converted to the CB role.

Since the managers want to recruit more italian players, i think there is a chance to see Berardi and Lirola wearing our colours.

If Mandzukic leaves we need a back-up forward, Zaza coming back from his loan is a temporary solution we might use.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks for taking time to reply mate.

First of all, I don't think Vidal will ever come back again. Even if he was available, I believe there is bad blood between him and the management. Also, I think that if Gagliardini signs for us he will join the team right away, it's Caldara that will stay with Atalanta until 2018.

I can't see Evra staying with us for another season, he doesn't have it anymore. Also, I agree with you about Daniel Alves, he does seem to have ran out of gas, but to be fair with him, Allegri hasn't used him in the best possible way. I wish we somehow had another Alex Sandro on the right side.

About Asamoah, if he can prove until the end of the season that he can stay healthy and pull his shit together then I would too agree that he'd do a good back-up for Alex Sandro. I'm not sure he can even do that anymore though. Such a shame, he used to be a favorite of mine.

Berardi simply doesn't want to join us. If Marotta of all people came out saying that we can't force him to wear our jersey, then that says a lot.

Lirola is spanish but anyway he does seem to have what it takes. I'm really excited about him. And to think that the kid is only 19 !

If Zaza join Valencia it will be on a permanent so no calling him back. So we'd have to find Higuain's back-up if Mandzukic does leave. Kean is too young to be considered as 2nd choice.

I know I'm asking for too much but Alexis would be amazing to have.

Alexis - Higuain - Dybala

Alex Sandro - Marchisio - N'Zonzi - Cuadrado

Chiellini - Bonucci - Rugani

Buffon

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:52 pm

Rincon, you're close to joining Juve brah. Welcome

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@DiMarzio
Contatti positivi poco fa: la @juventusfc è molto vicina a @TomasRincon5 del @GenoaCFC: tutto su @SkySport 24
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Lol Lirola is spanish :facepalm: with a name like that i assumed he was italian

Vidal > Witsel, N'zozi, Rincon and every other midfielder we already have bar Marchisio and Pjanic. That's why we need him.
Is he happy in Munich ? Ancelotti said in one interview... something like "Vidal always talk to me about Juve. He really enjoy his time in Turin."
We shall see, it's just an intuition i have, based on no evidence.

Rincon coming to Juve... i like it for the banter of course Laughing
In footballistic terms, he is not the world-class midfielder we need. An improvement over Sturaro at best.
Hopefully we will swap Hernanes and his scandalous 3M wage, which tbh, would be the best part of the deal.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Tomas @rincon on his way to Turin lol Smile
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Get that filthy Roma badge back off Rincon you're coming home son.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:39 pm

cheers It'd be awesome if it happens Proud

I am obviously biased and want him to come. On more neutral terms, he is better than all our back ups so he'll be useful. He isn't world class but he is in his prime and bring the physical side of the game with good passing. He bossed the Copa America before but I'm sure no one watched that Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Rincon is another Sturaro type of player. He can be a good backup option for a couple of years assuming he'll also have a low wage.
But we really need to bring Witsel now. 6-7 mln is bargain even though he'll be available for free in June. Witsel + Rincon woul really help. Send Hernanes to Genoa to make space and save us from seeing that player in bianconero jersey.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next