McLewis
Motogp69
McAgger
Blue Barrett
urbaNRoots
24 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by rincon Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:21 pm

BvS was pretty terrible. Only good thing was the fight against doomsday(?) at the end and wonder woman. Didn't watch suicide squad. DC has to step up their game big time,

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 pm

They have fixed the problem tbh. That happened with WW. They’re going to lead with their new strategy from that on.

Zack Snyder is done though. Even though I like most of his work I still want him gone. I don’t know why they keep giving him chances.

Still I think that Critics are usually way harder on his films than others. Guardians two was incredibly mediocre and got almost no hate.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Firenze wrote:

still only watched Suicide Squad, not wasting my time with DC garb

Unreal hipster, only watched what is by far the worst DC movie.

On GOTG 2 I thought most critics's reviews reflected what I felt tbh. Very funny, but comedy was overdone at certain points and the first one was quite better.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

M99 wrote:
Firenze wrote:

still only watched Suicide Squad, not wasting my time with DC garb

Unreal hipster, only watched what is by far the worst DC movie.

On GOTG 2 I thought most critics's reviews reflected what I felt tbh. Very funny, but comedy was overdone at certain points and the first one was quite better.

Pretty much. Didn't hear any raves about it, but still ended up critical succes. Should've probably said Thor Dark World. Never heard anyone say it was great. Basically only heard negative things.

Also this The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 29 Udklip10
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Dark World is the lowest rated MCU film on RT. It has 66, just 11 above MOS.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:29 pm

I thought GOTG2 was great, like a high budget Legends of Tomorrow, but I understand why some people dislike the campiness of it all. But then I also LOVE watching Legends of Tomorrow.

Agreed about the circlejerk around critics, it’s cool to hate DC stuff and like bad Marvel movies right now no matter how they are done.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:37 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I thought GOTG2 was great, like a high budget Legends of Tomorrow, but I understand why some people dislike the campiness of it all. But then I also LOVE watching Legends of Tomorrow.

Agreed about the circlejerk around critics, it’s cool to hate DC stuff and like bad Marvel movies right now no matter how they are done.

I'm just tired of a lot of critics acting like you're an idiot for liking these movies. Seriously. Just because a small part of the fanbase are horrible. All fanbases are like that.

There even was this whole Wonder Woman vs DC armour controversy these past few days. Completely retarded. Some feminist blogger started this shit without watching the movie and she even got on tv to hate on it. It's incredible how low the standards are tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Have you seen it yet Freeza?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Have you seen it yet Freeza?

Tomorrow.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 pm

oh ffs. Thought it was thursday today
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Its not that it's cool to hate on DC movies it's just that BvS was terrible. I really wanted to like it but I couldn't. I will probably see justice league too cause i want it to be good.

MCU movies just have them beat by a long shot. Loved GOTG2, since watching BvS I've watched GOTG2, Thor3 and DrStrange and I thought were better by a huge margin.

It's not about the source material either. Nolan's Batman series are the GOAT superhero movies.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:41 pm

I think there’s been horrible movies on both sides tbh.
IM 2 and Thor 2 are absolutely horrible movies.

Suicide Squad worst of the bunch. Since 08. BcS was meh. But I liked the Ultimate Cut and think the issues could’ve been fixed with very minor fixes. Not that it would make it great.

Snyder is not fit for mainstream movies though. He’s a niche director at heart. He needs to be limited by his budget to get the best out of him. He had Nolan to keep him in check in MoS which is why I think it turned out that incredible.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Dr. Strange wasn't all that good tbh.

BvS director's cut better than it imo. Better than WW as well.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:51 pm

BvS was a good film imo. Didn't think it was terrible. Better than the likes of IM3, Thor 2 and SS
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:57 pm

BvS was one of the worst superheroe movies for me, the hype was better than that black-grey palette of a mess
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Kaladin wrote:BvS was one of the worst superheroe movies for me, the hype was better than that black-grey palette of a mess

Black - grey palette is better than the grey used in Cap 2 and Civil War though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Civil War was great, it was like Survivor Series

Cap 2 i didnt like
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Kaladin wrote:Civil War was great, it was like Survivor Series

Cap 2 i didnt like

Talking more about the colours or lack of. Liked them both. They look like tv though. I like cartooney more than that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:08 pm

I agree that about Thor 2 and IM 3 not being particularly good. Thor 2 I thought was super boring. IM 3 was fine, just average. Most MCU movies even when they are mediocre still seem well made, none are as big of a mess as BvS. (I didn't see the director's cut, that shouldn't be necessary).

Overall though, they seemed to have stepped it up since then:
Winter Soldier
Guardians
Avengers 2
Ant-Man
Civil War
Dr Strange
Guardians 2
Spider-Man
Ragnarok

All movies I enjoyed and some really good ones. Upcoming Black Panther looks good and Infinity War has the GOAT hype.

I hope Justice League is good and that the future ones are better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Still think MCU's worst movies were better than all DC movies except for Wonder Woman.

And man, sad to see the JL break what has been a really good year critically for superhero films. Superhero fatigue lads will come out again.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Anyone who ever uses the word "fatigue" about entertainment is a retard imo.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm fatigued on superhero origin stories. :coffee: Was one of my main critical points toward Doctor Strange.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm fatigued of Benedict Cumberbatwch being horrible.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm kinda tired of origin stories too.

I like how Guardians did it where it didn't really feel like one and how Spider-Man did it where it sort of dropped us in the middle of the origin story instead of having to see how he got his powers and motivation.

Hopefully Black Panther does it right since the character was already in avengers 2 and we don't need it to be an origin story.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 pm

I haven't liked any of the Black Panther trailers tbh.

trusting Coogler though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Wimbledon tennismatch isn't my cup of tea either but he is good as Dr Strange though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next