MrSuave
salmano9
rincon
juve_gigi
S
25 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 25 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by Juventude Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 pm

salmano9 wrote:
Juventude wrote:
salmano9 wrote:The most important thing now is we have to reinvest this money somewhere else. I have faith that Juve will surprise us with something. @Juventude you think we should buy another central defender? I don't think so bro... we have Rugani and Benatia who we just redeemed to back up Barz and Chiello. I think that there will be lots of space for them this season and next year we have to replace Barzagli.

I'd like to see Caldara come back. I worry about our two best CBs being 36 and soon to be 33 years old.

If Caldara is back, he will not have space this season because we are already packed in the back, especially if we are going to play with a 4 man backline.

Caldara definitely won't play as much as he could at Atalanta, but I think it's a risk to go into the season with four CBs even if we play with a four man back line. If you have one injury or suspension, you're down to one CB sub.

Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 25 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by Juventude Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:04 pm

I do not want to see a situation like the 2010 season when Frederik Sorensen had to come up from the youth team and play. We carried five CBs for most of last season and that was sufficient because you're always going to have a long term injury. I would definitely be less worried if our two best starting CBs were younger.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:Ok, at 40M we got fleeced. This is like the Vidal deal.

I'm really interested to see the club's response.

Bernardeschi and a quality CM and all is forgiven Proud

I don't think we got fleeced. I think we started from a bad bargaining position, just like Vidal. It's a player we wanted to get rid of because there were perceived attitude problems. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure you're going to get too much more than 40m for a 30+ year old CB.

We also don't know what was happening behind the scenes. Bonucci may have demanded a move to Milan and may have really hurt Juve's bargaining perspective.

In either case, whether Juve wanted him to leave, Bonucci wanted to leave, or both parties wanted to end the relationship, Juve typically lets players leave when the wants to leave or sells players when they think there is an attitude problem.

The problem I have is that I think we need a CB that can advance the ball from the defense. I don't like the idea of playing both Barzagli and Chiellini at the same time. Rugani provides some flexibility. I'd like to see us bring back Caldara. I can easily see Chiellini or Barzagli suffering a bad injury and then we're in trouble.

I think 40M is 10-20M below fair market value for Bonucci. We're talking about a player in his prime and one of the top central defenders on the planet. So, 40M seems light.

As per our bargaining position, this was the transfer to show we aren't pushovers, the player wanted to stay in Italy, is contracted for several seasons. Forget Pogba on a record fee, that's a deal that makes sense. Bonucci on a discount to another Italian club, it's silly on our point.

I don't mind the sale terribly. I don't think we'll suffer in his absence. Our group is still super talented. I'm not bothered that we sold to Milan, I still believe we're much better than them in numerous of ways. But the transfer fee to a team that has been brilliant on the market for several seasons has to be considered as poor judgement.

D+ overall. It's one of the few poor pieces of judgement we've shown. I don't think it'll cost us on the long term but if this deal has a winner and a loser, Milan are the clear winners.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Reports now are saying that he will earn around 8m per season + 2 mil in bonuses. Wow... Juve can't do that because we have better players in our team at the moment who are deserving what they are receiving. Bonnuci would be the best player in Milan at the moment. We cannot afford to break the salary structure and give bonnuci the amount Milan are offering.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm not going to say much about the Bonucci deal just yet because knowing Juventus, there are add-ons that we will reap down the road.
If there isn't any though...I think we proved that we can function without Bonucci or any one player over the last couple of seasons
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Cotes wrote:I'm not going to say much about the Bonucci deal just yet because knowing Juventus, there are add-ons that we will reap down the road.
If there isn't any though...I think we proved that we can function without Bonucci or any one player over the last couple of seasons

Tell me more.. Del Piero Pirlo Vidal Tevez Morata Pogba (Dani Alves) Asamoah's injury (he was one of our key players in 2013/2014 and half of 14/15), no back up for our attackers this season... Juve is Juve Heart
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Some reports say that Manolas is the substitute. Not a bad choice imo.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Very bad choice to take this money and throw it against another central defender, a worse one.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Caldara shall remain at Atalanta and gain LOTS of experience there. Now this is more important than ever as Rugani-Caldara is identified as our future backbone in defence.

If we need a 5th cb just in case well there are plenty of decent defenders out there in Serie A. No need for a world class player, someone ala Astori would do the job, it's just a matter of one season to cover potential injuries.

Also i wonder why on Earth we are not after Gzrzegrorsz Krychowiak. Polish DM is waxing the bench in Paris but trust me that guy is reliable in front of a defence, and would complete our midfield puzzle.
I'd take him instead of Matuidi, if QSG ever wants to do business with us.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 pm

PSG don't want to do business with Juve.... as long as the current ownership is in place. So I'd forget any player from PSG and vice versa.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Watch out watch out @sportsczy out of nowhere hahahahahaha... Pogba deal ended 1 year ago, whats up? Laughing

QSG Laughing Laughing Laughing

In Marrota we trust.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Caldara or Can replace Bonucci?

Juventus could recall Mattia Caldara early from Atalanta after Leonardo Bonucci’s €42m move to Milan, or revamp Liverpool’s Emre Can.

Bonucci has now completed his transfer to San Siro, pending a medical, by signing a five-year contract.

Max Allegri now has to replace the centre-back, who is valued not just for his defensive skills, but also the ability to start moves from the back with precise long passes.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the Bianconeri do not seem intent on spending a lot of money for a new defender, as they already have Daniele Rugani and Medhi Benatia in the side.

Juve have already signed Caldara from Atalanta for €15m plus up to another €10m in bonuses, but left him on loan in Bergamo until June 2018.

That plan could well change, with the 23-year-old Italy international called to Turin this summer instead.

Another alternative mentioned by La Stampa is represented by Emre Can.

The 23-year-old German international plays primarily as a midfielder, but has been known to take over at centre-back with similar passing skills to Bonucci.

Allegri had already requested Can for the midfield, but this signing could effectively provide options in both positions.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Juventus just made a grazie Leo post.

I think we've gone full simple jack

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Can is a good replacement as he will be our new DM to take over from Khedira and he can also play as a central defender in case we need a 5th CB. There is no point in spending money to replace Bonucci when Caldara is on the horizon and we are switching to a permanent back 4.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Yes i've been saying the same since my first days as a poster.

To be honest i think Nasser's grudge against us is manifested through Verratti or even Matuidi because he values them personally as emblems of QSG's project.
For Krychowiak maybe it will be different. They don't care about him at all, he is not even included in the pre season list. Common sense would be listening to all offers.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Why of all players we have interest for Emre Can't is beyond me.

I honestly prefer to keep both Lemina & Sturaro instead.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:47 pm

What's the problem with Can?  He's a German national team player who's valued at $30 million and can play multiple positions.  He's been compared to Michael Ballack. You think Lemina or Sturaro are better?
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Just bring that asshole Nainggolan here, 50M bid. Settle on 60. We'd have a net spend of < 20M euros and could still get a full back and just bring Caldara back

Job done.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Can't is a Khedira with lower football IQ, not at all what we need. If we really want a box-to-box midfielder instead of a DM, there are better options available.

Forgive the exaggeration about Sturaro lol, but yes i honestly think Lemina is barely worse.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:04 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Just bring that asshole Nainggolan here, 50M bid. Settle on 60. We'd have a net spend of < 20M euros and could still get a full back and just bring Caldara back

Job done.

All the money in the world won't convince this guy to come to Juve Laughing
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:31 am

Reports are we are pressing for Caldara now Proud

I hope we stay away with Can, Matic, I rate higher and his type of midfielder would be welcomed but I think I would prefer someone else, not sure whom but it feels underwhelming and like a stop gap. Maybe Mandragora and Bentancur are the real deal and were actually ahead of what we think in the midfield.

If our summer transfers in look like this, I think we've done a 10/10 mercato, even with Bonucci sold

Douglas Costa
Patrick Schick
Federico Bernardeschi*
Mattia Caldara
Rodrigo Bentancur
Mattia De Sciglio and/or Matteo Darmian
Backup GK

*I'm not sure if I'm believing in the Bernardeschi move currently, Fiorentina is the worst Italian team to negotiate with.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:07 am

Selling Vidal for 37 and Bonucci for 42 and buying Nainggolan for 50-55...our management should really learn a thing or two about selling players.

I think a fair price for Nainggolan would be 40-45 mln € but how the market works these days 50 mln should be just enough to sign him.
I don't believe he wont ever come here, he is a bit weird character but deep inside he knows Juve were that gf he could't have.
It doesn't have to be Nainggolan but we definetly should use the cash we got from Bonucci to aim for someone better than Matuidi or Can.Someone who would really improve our midfield. Matic,Fabinho or William Carvalho could all be good options as we need someone to cover the defensive part so Pjanic can focus a bit more on playmaking.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:20 am

As for our defense I think it would be a mistake wasting money to replace Bonucci.First because theres no available defender of that level and price we sold him.Secondly we don't have to spend while we already have gems in our hands in Caldara and Rugani.

We should bring Caldara as 3 our experienced defenders have been injured a lot last season. We have Benatia who is a injury prone, Barzagli 36 and declining plus Chiellini who also gets injured a lot.
So we may be short on defenders and we simply can't ignore that fact.
On a back 4 maybe Caldara won't get that much playing time but if we still use a back 3 occasionally and someone gets injured he might even start some games.Plus not playing much doesn't seem to have affected a lot Rugani who is constatly growing up as a quality defender. So let's just bring Caldara and spend those money on a top CM.Our defense will be fine with all those names, i place my money on Rugani to shine this season.

All we have to do now is to buy a RB and a CM, maybe add another winger in Keita or Bernardeschi and close mercato.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:35 am

So It looks like we are about to go for 4 men in the back

The problem is that when you are defending and you have only two center backs those can easy be outnumbered To deal with the headers , that problem has to be addressed

that is the reason why 352 is so famous there has to be three men

clubs who go for different formations like 442 they address the problem on different ways which also work such as adding a defensive minded side back or defensive minded midfielder who is capable to also play CB role so they can support when necessary so the problem is addressed

I believe Alegri likes to use a DM and allow more freedom to the sidebacks , is what he did with Ac Milan using Bomel allowing sbs like Abate to step forwards and will try do the same with Juventus

I like the idea to have Pjanic on the deep role as a talented playmaker always makes it easier to lead the ball forwards as we seen it with PIRLO But having a dm with experienced players like Chiellini, Benatia, Matic that can also have its own goods so i dont really mijd it

Go for Matic

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:38 am

Why are we talking about Nainggolan ffs, there is more of a chance of Messi joining us Laughing

I hope we don't go for Manolas, or another expensive CB. We need to invest in other areas more. If we want more CB cover and Caldara cannot come now, then I prefer just getting a cheap/free CB for it. Get Astori or something like that, it won't matter since he would be 5th choice.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:51 am

Apparently Aurier has been left off PSG preseason tour and given the bad relations he has with the club he will be sold for smth around 25 mln €. He's just 24 year old and apart from his bad character he has talent so I think that's an opportunity Marotta has to check out.
I wouldn't mind our other RB options such as Cancelo or De Sciglio. I have a feeling Allegri will test Cuadrado as an offensive RB and he has all the right skills to become world class in that position.So I think we already have our top RB home we just need someone good enough to rotate with Cuadrado.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next