windkick
BarrileteCosmico
danyjr
33 posters

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by windkick Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Btw Lenglet and Pique are our only 2 available first team CBs that are healthy for the rest of October and going into November. Pique has been in horrible form and I don't think Lenglets had a single good performance since joining. It's going to be a shit show if our midfield can't hold on to the ball and gives up easy counters (which they have been doing all season)

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Myesyats wrote:Should have gotten Mbappe instead of Dumbpele. We wouldn't be having this conversation now. He would compliment Messi in a way I can't even imagine.

I also like the Ndombele guy. We need to build a French bastion IMO.

Also, apparently, if Valverde is sacked, Quique Setién should step in with Jordi Cruyff as assistant. SPORT is reporting this, I believe.

I am reading that EV himself doesn't want to extend his stay regardless of what happens beyond this season. He has a 2 year contract with an option for a third but it sounds like he's already made up his mind to not extend after this summer.

I don't see how would be able to bring in Quique Setién mid season if we sacked EV.  I highly doubt Betis would be willing to allow this to happen, not mid season at least but maybe in the summer. Jordi is currently also coaching a team in China, a team that is doing pretty ratched in the table (of course that's no indication of how the team is playing). Best bet if they sacked EV mid season would probably be to promote Pimienta who's currently in charge of the B team. He won the Uefa Youth League last season and took over the B team after they were basically already all but relegated and so far this season he's got them playing really well on both sides of the pitch. At least in the intern until the summer
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Malcom excluded from the squad, again. B-team player Chumi(who?) called up instead.

Surely the rumours are true. EV didn't want this transfer lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Madrid lost again. We should have wrapped up the league by now. Unfortunately, we are just as bad.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:29 pm

The Malcolm omission is crazy. He can be a good bench option when we are chasing games; which is more often than not these days

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:23 pm

might it be connected to the fact he travelled with Brazil?
Not unheard of that Brazil NT players aren't match fit right after an international break
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Dont think so. Valverde wanted Willian. For once, we right said no as 70 mil for an inconsistent 30 year old Willian is crazy. Got him Malcolm instead. Valverde is proving a point to the board by freezing him out.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Well Messi's injured. Time to test out Alex's dreams and see how beautiful, high pressing, controlling and simple we can play without him.

Ter Stegen with an amazing save!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Plenty of great moments in this game: Messi's assist to Coutinho, Coutinho's finish, Suarez's assist to Messi.... but those 2 double saves from Ter Stegen were absolutely beautiful, what a man!

@Harmonica please provide GIFs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:56 am

Atrocious performance. Seville were the better team and deserved at least a point. Dominated the middle of the park and we were overrun throughout the game. Banega with yet another great game against us. He is the only midfielder who has continuously stepped up against us and remains the only midfielder to date to hold his own against prime Xavi and Iniesta. It is a shame he didnt make it at a bigger club.

Seville looked scary good at times. We got pummeled down our left flank and Navas had the time of his life destroying Alba. To be fair to Alba, he was left alone all night as Coutinho didnt help. I suspect the Brazilian was tired after the internationals as he looked gassed at times. The difference in intensity, pressing and fitness between us and them was night and day. They were still going strong at 90 while we looked dead tired.

I stand corrected on Busquets. I dont think he is good enough anymore. The game is too intense and he gets far too easily overrun in high intensity games like today. If he is to play, he needs someone who can cover a lot of ground either side of him. Rakitic and Arthur are not that.

Not a lot of positives from the game for me. The only good players were Pique, Mats, Suarez and Semedo to a lesser extent. Lenglet was a joke and I dont think he is at our level. Were it not for Pique having a very good game and clearring almost everything which came into our box, we would have lost.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:58 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well Messi's injured. Time to test out Alex's dreams and see how beautiful, high pressing, controlling and simple we can play without him.

You cant expect high pressing randomly. It doesnt work like that. It takes a lot of training and practice to implement successfully in games. Compare Sevilles pressing to ours. Night and day. We havent pressed for 7 years. Cant expect to press overnight just because Messi is out. A good pressing game is imperative for the way we play, especially with the slow midfield and center defense we have.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 pm

So does EV give Malcom a chance to rotate in on the right with Dembele, which would be the most logical choice or do you guys think EV continues to shun Malcom and use Rafinha (or maybe even Sergi since he seems to love him) to rotate with Dembele on the right until Messi returns?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 pm

windkick wrote:So does EV give Malcom a chance to rotate in on the right with Dembele, which would be the most logical choice or do you guys think EV continues to shun Malcom and use Rafinha (or maybe even Sergi since he seems to love him) to rotate with Dembele on the right until Messi returns?

The former imo. At least I hope so.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 am

alexjanosik wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well Messi's injured. Time to test out Alex's dreams and see how beautiful, high pressing, controlling and simple we can play without him.

You cant expect high pressing randomly. It doesnt work like that. It takes a lot of training and practice to implement successfully in games. Compare Sevilles pressing to ours. Night and day. We havent pressed for 7 years. Cant expect to press overnight just because Messi is out. A good pressing game is imperative for the way we play, especially with the slow midfield and center defense we have.

Well sure, I completely agree. But the point I was making was that we can't put the blame on our poor pressing solely on Messi's lack of it, especially when the team as a whole only does it when they care enough to.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:07 am

Messi clearly walks around but he does randomly go for tackles when the ball is near him and he is pretty good at it. Not saying he does all the time, but the lack of team effort isn't on him.

I'm very curious to see how we do without Messi with the current squad in these tough upcoming matches.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:56 pm

We beat Madrid 4-0 last time without Messi when he got injured. Although we still had Neymar back then.

Maybe others will rise up and shine. Coutinho will be the main man I believe, for the next few games.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Before we had a thread for each friendly match but now a big CL game still everyone is dead. Lack of new users will end this forum's life as old posters grow older and stop caring about football much or get bored by typing nonsense comments each day
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Myesyats wrote:We beat Madrid 4-0 last time without Messi when he got injured. Although we still had Neymar back then.

Maybe others will rise up and shine. Coutinho will be the main man I believe, for the next few games.

I don't put much weight on that, as we had Suarez and Neymar in stellar form and Iniesta was on fire that match. This season it seems EV still hasn't found his best midfield and Suarez is basically turning into Benzema, and Coutinho has yet to catch on fire this season. Not to mention that when Dembele isn't scoring he is basically a liability to give the ball away. So this team isn't in the same form player wise as that team.

Hell I read somewhere EV is going to play 4-4-1-1 While Messi is out with a flat line of Coutinho-Arthur-Busq-Rakitic and Vidal as a CAM and Suarez up front. As ridiculous as that sounds, it doesn't seem far fetched that lame EV would go for that.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Nah it's probably just gonna be the usual stuff

Rakitic Busi Arthur
Dembele? Suarez Coutinho

Perhaps a surprise on the left wing, maybe Rafinha since hes available.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Btw Barca beat Inter in the UEFA Youth League 2-1. 15 year old midfielder Ilaix ran the show, and American Konrad de la Fuente scored just 4 mins into the match. Aka that means Ilaix, just like Alena, will probably never get into the first team.

I wanted to point out that Xavi FINALLY announced he will retire after this season as a player. With the rumors that EV will not stay beyond this season, maybe that means we will get Xavi as a manager next season.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:58 pm

windkick wrote:Btw Barca beat Inter in the UEFA Youth League 2-1. 15 year old midfielder Ilaix ran the show, and American Konrad de la Fuente scored just 4 mins into the match. Aka that means Ilaix, just like Alena, will probably never get into the first team.

Rumor has it City is hounding for Ilaix Moriba (cadet). Seems Pep is leaving our first team and B team players alone but has been snatching them up from the youth teams. Ilaix would be the third he grabs after Adria Bernabe and Eric Garcia that were snatched up in the summer.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Myesyats wrote:Nah it's probably just gonna be the usual stuff

Rakitic Busi Arthur
Dembele? Suarez Coutinho

Perhaps a surprise on the left wing, maybe Rafinha since hes available.

You got it right, Rafinha is going to play on the right wing and Sergi will play at RB for Semedo. I have to say I like Semedo at RB over Sergi simply due to his speed/ability to track back with pace, something that Sergi lacks.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:08 am

Interesting match. From one end Inter aren't amongst Europe's elites by any means, so making big judgements about Barça's performance should be avoided. Nevertheless it was a very good performance without the talisman Messi.

Ter Stegen: was awake whenever he was called up into action. One too many misplaced passes when he was under pressure though.

Roberto: combined well on the right and did good defensive and offensive duties.

Piqué: Really good performance. He did well to nullify the threat of Icardi and played the ball well too.

Lenglet: Defensively it was a good performance and got into good goal scoring positions on set-pieces and played a very good long ball to Suárez. However his ball playing skills leave a lot to be desired especially when under pressure. You can tell he isn't world class but perhaps can be a good back up?

Alba: As always full of energy going forward and combining well with others.

Busquets: Solid performance by him but perhaps more because he wasn't defensively tested. Sergio's struggles has been against faster midfields where he can't really keep up and gets overrun easily and Inter's midfield didn't have any of that last night. Clever as always during build ups and under pressure. I find when he wants to step up, he usually puts in a very good performance but the problem is that he hasn't recently been consistent with it.

Arthur: had his best performance in the blaugrana shirt. It really is difficult to get the ball of him however he needs to play with more purpose than only keeping possession.

Rakitić: poor first half followed by a fantastic second half. He is a joy to watch.

Rafinha: Struggling at the start but grew as the game wore on. He needs to play more, you could tell he wasn't in tune with the rest of his team mates. Always a fan of his, do Inter regret not having signed him for what was a very reasonable price in today's market?

Coutinho: He is not my personal favourite and never will be. He has so much technique in certain areas like long balls and crosses but he lacks intelligence. More importantly he is not a winger. Tbh I don't know what he is. I don't see him as an Iniesta successor either. He is more of a CAM playing behind the striker with poorer imagination than Özil but better goal scoring.

Suárez: Worked hard but was poor in combination plays and his finishing has been off for a while to worry Barcelona fans.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:22 pm

yeah I honestly think CAM would be Coutinho's best role as well. I think Coutinho can shine at LW for Barca but he looks like he's still not completely integrated into the team at times, like what role he really plays and just how much/little it requires from to make the team work as a unit. I think before at Liverpool he simply had one too many years of freedom to roam around in his area and simply focus on pushing forward to attack that at Barca his role has more rules to it. I think once everything clicks for him he will be fine.

Yesterday proved that we need to trim the squad significantly. We have too many players, especially in midfield and these guys with regular playing time can potentially shine but as of now it's simply to crowded. Rafinha is a fine player, and when played every game with Inter last season he was really solid. But at Barca he is only going to get a few mins here and there (if someone else is injured). Seri Samper doesnt even get called up if Busqs isn't available, and same goes for our brightest midfield prospect in years in Carles Alena. Denis basically wasted 3 years of his career being with us. They are never going to develop with us simply because too many players ahead of them. I don't blame that kid Ilaix from the Cadet A team pushing to not renew and leave in January to Dortmund, since he will make the push to first team allot faster than he ever would with us. I bet if we had signed Isco from Valencia when he was a youngster or Ascencio from Mallorca, they would both be on the bench right now with little to no playing time especially with coaches that prefer vets LE and EV.

and lastly, i wonder what problem Lucho has with Alba. Alba at the least should be called up for Spain, so it's clearly something personal to continue to leave him off.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:30 pm

btw not sure if y'all been keeping up, but it looks like Dembele is lashing out because of his lack of PT.

Apparently he showed up 25 mins late to the match yesterday. And took 10 mins long to get ready to prepare to replace Messi against Sevilla amongst other things.

And also it's a SPORT article but it makes sense

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-delicate-situation-facing-ousmane-dembele-at-barca-7109141
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Who does he think he is Laughing

If true he needs to get his act together or get ready to not play again for the rest of the season
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next