Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
S
43 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris  - Page 10 Empty Re: Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Sacked on Xmas eve? What a shit club

Owners are muslim, so they probably loved it hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris  - Page 10 Empty Re: Thomas Tüchel's adventures in Paris

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Sacked on Xmas eve? What a shit club

Owners are muslim, so they probably loved it hmm
what are you talking about? They are business men who are trying to cultivate the image of PSG into something the world loves, so that their middle eastern image can improve in a western influenced world.

This is a shit decision if I have seen one
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Yeah I wasn't serious lol. PSG is probably some kind of social experiment Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:04 pm

Its a business that isn't their job to care what holiday or what not it is. Tuchel was a terrible experiment for PSG and the most unwatching Wahabi PSG Ive witnessed. No imagination and rightfully sacked.

I hope he comes back to Bundesliga it'll be interesting to see what his next pick is.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:59 pm

Couldn't they wait just another week to sack him? Firing him on Christmas Eve is beyond cruel and such a dick move.

But hey, I expect nothing less from PSG.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:18 am

About time actually since its been clear for a long time Tuchel has improved PSG now... they were lucky with the draw to get to the final Razz

Poch, waiting to see if he can prove himself again and now with an even bigger richer club. Which players will he aim to get will be interesting obviously Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:40 am

Worse coach in Qatari era of PSG by far.  

He had a lot of issues; but here were his main ones:

-  Did not get along well with the club executives at all.  Had the same problem in Dortmund that got him fired there.  Just not a good team player.
-  Style of play was horrible.  PSG had zero identity offensively or defensively.  They relied entirely on talent.
-  Nobody improved.  Only coach where not one player looked better as a result of his management.
-  Finally, his man management was poor.  He had feuds with Mbappe, Di Maria, Icardi, Silva, etc.  Major players.  He doesn't take the time to sell the entire squad on what he's trying to do.  It's an absolute must on an elite team.

Anyhow, good riddance for Ligue 1.  I rate Pochettino significantly higher, although I like Allegri.  They couldn't wait because you never know how long a top manager will stay available + Tuchel's contract was running out this summer anyhow.  This wasn't news to anyone.  It was expected to happen now. PSG were going to play their last game before the winter break and Tuchel was gone. It just so happened that the game was on Dec 23 and he was let go on Dec 24. They need Pochettino to take over and get them ready to play his style by the start of January.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:50 am

jeeeeez

You'd think Tuchel went trophyless in two seasons and had PSG knocked out of the CL group stages with these reactions. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:32 am

Yeah I don't get you guys, PSG went deeper in the CL than they ever did and won the Ligue 1, as expected. Tuchel also had the highest point average of any Dortmund manager before that. He's a good coach.

He is just apparently an insufferable asshole, and that seems to be a problem.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Thing is PSG is too ambitious to accept this level, which has been clear Tuchel has failed to improve the team for ages now. IIRC the CL run was due to one of the easiest draws ever, and the league basically they should win every season given the gap of the player qualities compared with rivals, thats just from a neutral pov as well, the club and fans must want more.

On top of that as Sport said if hes had problems with so many players, and Im guessing player power at PSG is typical of a big rich club that signs the big stars then any manager would be doomed Razz

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:07 pm

Let's not overstate what Tuchel did in CL for PSG.  They got a cupcake schedule to make it to the finals...  it was also the first time that Neymar actually wasn't injured for elimination round games.

They beat:
Dortmund
Atalanta
Leipzig

And then lost to Bayern

There was no prime Barcelona or Real Madrid to beat, the former being the reason they wouldn't get far in previous CLs.  Kudos to taking advantage of the luck they got... but this team WAS NOT as good as the other ones that lost sooner. In fact, the Ibra-Silva teams were outstanding; but before Navas, the goaltending was awful in big games.

It would have been a scandal if they didn't make the final honestly.

And let's not forget the Man U debacle in Paris the season before even without Neymar...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:08 am

sportsczy wrote:Let's not overstate what Tuchel did in CL for PSG.  They got a cupcake schedule to make it to the finals...  it was also the first time that Neymar actually wasn't injured for elimination round games.

They beat:
Dortmund
Atalanta
Leipzig

And then lost to Bayern

There was no prime Barcelona or Real Madrid to beat, the former being the reason they wouldn't get far in previous CLs.  Kudos to taking advantage of the luck they got... but this team WAS NOT as good as the other ones that lost sooner. In fact, the Ibra-Silva teams were outstanding; but before Navas, the goaltending was awful in big games.

It would have been a scandal if they didn't make the final honestly.

And let's not forget the Man U debacle in Paris the season before even without Neymar...

You said it. It was the most underwhelming CL of all time. Bayern rightfully won and deserved it and may have just won it in a proper tourney but PSG's route and wins were nothing special at all. Its a terribly small sample size against no teams that were world class except Bayern themselves. His PSG were awful and that is how it always be looked at.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:20 am

Awww come on, just a decade ago Real Madrid went out to Lyon like 17 times in a row in the quarterfinals, reaching the final is a good get, even if it's "just" against Dortmund, Atalanta, and that other shitty club.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:02 am

We all know whomever won the CL last year let alone getting to a final it would not be memorable as any other year given how weak the competition was, how it was single-legged and in quick succession thus more of pot shot and then of course without any fanaticism present at all. 2020 Football will just be remembered as this.

My criticism of Tuchel here is not as a coach as I rate him well but his tenure at PSG to which was poorly handled, unimaginative and just did not reach the goals expected upon.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:28 pm

I mean Tuchel is obviously bad at getting along with his superiors, and he often had a pretty cynical approach to football, yes, but by all accords he got along with the players, controlled the dressing room, and I don't see PSG rising through the ranks any quicker, getting a club from nothing to CL contenders takes time, even City crash and burn each season in the CL...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:44 pm

His dressing room was not under control that is the problem. He has a problem in that like Pep, who like him in their such systematic approach to football see players as means to fulfil their tactical plan and nothing else. Hence why Tuchel and Pep are so cold and impersonable to the players and shaft them passive-aggressively like Pep did to Ibra (forever a stain on Pep's career) to testaments from Eto'o.

Tuchel is like that but fine it is not his job to make literal professionals at ease but his plan mostly was pass it to Mbappe and Neymar and expect them to pull something out of their ass.

He will succeed in his next club no doubt but I feel a bit more time in Bundesliga without owners who only care for the monies will help.

His approach to the game is beautiful in its own way, no doubt.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:26 pm

I mean obviously Tuchel was never going to be a great fit for any club with a strong board and management, he wants to do everything himself, run the show, like Pep or Klopp, but he lacks Peps sneakiness, or Klopps charisma, so he alienates his bosses everywhere he goes.

So either he goes to a club where he can be the savior, or to a club that is actually willing to let him overhall most anything.

I don't enjoy Tuchel a lot as a person, doesn't give entertaining interviews or anything, and his tactics are very unromantic, but I do think he's very good at his job, so I'll be watching him. But with his teams, I'll probably stick to the highlights...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Just to make sure the point is made... Tuchel did not have locker room support.  He was tolerated for the past season.  When he started, he had one set of rules for the South Americans (Cavani, Neymar and Di Maria were free to miss practices and arrive late from international breaks) and another for the rest of players.  That fractured the locker room...  and Mbappe was furious at the double standard.

Second, the tactics were nonsensical in big games.  I remember PSG playing a 352 system for the first time all season against Man U in the return leg that they lost.  It was insane.  He also would play guys out of position... like Pereira at CB and Marquinhos at DM at the same time?  I get doing it if you're not playing both.  But Pereira is a natural DM and Marquinhos a CB... why would you not just play them where they're supposed to?

I could go on and on.  He was trying too hard to play the role of the misunderstood genius.  He was neither a genius nor misunderstood.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:27 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I mean obviously Tuchel was never going to be a great fit for any club with a strong board and management, he wants to do everything himself, run the show, like Pep or Klopp, but he lacks Peps sneakiness, or Klopps charisma, so he alienates his bosses everywhere he goes.

So either he goes to a club where he can be the savior, or to a club that is actually willing to let him overhall most anything.

I don't enjoy Tuchel a lot as a person, doesn't give entertaining interviews or anything, and his tactics are very unromantic, but I do think he's very good at his job, so I'll be watching him. But with his teams, I'll probably stick to the highlights...

I just don't like his authoritarian all too impersonal relationship with his players. I generally don't like anything authoritarian as its a thing for the past coaches as it inspires discipline and what not but these are players being paid to be professional it isn't his job to micromanage as he has a tendency too.

And I agree with you on the last part he is quite a gem tactically but my criticism is on his PSG none else where he was from.

You're defend him similar to how you felt of Klopp earlier in the last decade so Ill tell you he is bound to succeed but needs to be more flexible in his approach, and more so personally.

But Klopp's personality and ability to want players to die for him is why he is 3 times the coach TT will ever be.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10