halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Are RMC reliable with their news?

Regarding James, Jose Felix Diaz still says we are interested in James, Fermin De La Calle in El Confidencial says Perez is not.

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Apparently Courtois to RM is done, 35m. Not bad.

Now I think we just need to sort out 1 AM and a CF.

It seems like the AM area could take 2 different paths- either Hazard makes a fuss to bring down his price, or we go for James. I find it hard to believe Chelsea would play hardball for Hazard with 2 years left, especially if he doesn't want to be there. I don't believe the 200-250m figures I've seen in the media. As for James, it is up to Bayern, and we really screwed ourselves unless there is some sort of buy-back/return to sender fee that we don't know about.

Then the dreaded CF position, still a complete mystery. If we got Hazard, I'd be fine with a Rodrigo type- good enough for most LL games but not WC.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Di Marzio is reporting 160-170 deal being negotiated for both hazard and Courtois. That would put hazard at 125-135 mil lol, less than dembele
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:44 pm

That makes sense to me, and if those are the true figures, then it is good business. Good business if we still have money left for a CF.

Like I said, if we are able to get Hazard, I'd be fine with a Rodrigo-level striker, but I just looked up his release clause ~ 100m what the heck, lol.

What strikers/CFs would you guys be interested in?

Kane, Icardi, Lewa, Higuain, Mandzukic, Cavani, Werner, Belotti (lol remember his hype), Mertens (another Belgian), Dolberg, Lacazette, Maxi Gomez?

Obviously if we had the funds, I would go for Kane, but if we are being more realistic I'd probably go for either an experienced player like Higuain or Cavani, or a young guy like Dolberg or Maxi Gomez.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Maxi Gomez has a release clause of 50m, supposedly, buy buy buy. Unless we have more money and are willing to spend, because he is only backup/rotational quality at the moment.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:59 pm

let's see
Icardi: his 110 clause expired few days ago, we are clearly not interested
kane: spurs wont sell
Werner: not good enough
Belotti: scrub
Mertens: not happening
Dolberg: not good enough
Lacazette: not good enough
Maxi Gomez: not good enough
Higuain: lol
Lewandowski: bayern wont sell
Cavani: i dont think we have ever been linked with him

We need a CF we all agree but the tier 1 CF: Kane, Lewandowski, Cavani, Higuain (lol) might not be available.

so what do we do, when there is not even a hot prospect on the market? lol

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 pm

Jose Luis Sanchez: Real Madrid are not expected to make any ‘galactico’ signing as the transfer prices are exorbitant & will cost around €400M. They will bet on young talents like Asensio and Vinicius as the club doesn’t want to break the salary limits.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 am

Marca: Bayern are open to let James leave providing they can find a replacement.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:36 am

I think that is pretty likely they find a replacement.

If we signed both Hazard and brought James back our AM roster would look like:

Isco, Asensio, Hazard, Bale, James, Hazard, Vazquez, Vinicius and Rodrygo.

The last 2 probably go out on loan, but still. Bare minimum that is 1 too many players. Asensio, and Vazquez can take more rotational roles, but how do you fit in Isco, Hazard, Bale, AND James.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 am

vanDEEZ wrote:I think that is pretty likely they find a replacement.

If we signed both Hazard and brought James back our AM roster would look like:

Isco, Asensio, Hazard, Bale, James, Hazard, Vazquez, Vinicius and Rodrygo.

The last 2 probably go out on loan, but still. Bare minimum that is 1 too many players. Asensio, and Vazquez can take more rotational roles, but how do you fit in Isco, Hazard, Bale, AND James.

Rodrygo can’t come this year
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 am

i want Isco to play in midfield, im not sure it will work but thinking of spain 4231, he would play Iniesta's role and hazard would play his
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:44 am

By the way, Cadena Ser reported the same info about Theo leaving. There is no clear young talent that i can think of at LB, definitely no spanish talent at that role. anyone guys?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:49 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:By the way, Cadena Ser reported the same info about Theo leaving. There is no clear young talent that i can think of at LB, definitely no spanish talent at that role. anyone guys?

No one I'd pick over Theo. I think they'll end up in the same situation. Hard for young players to fit in right away, and I didn't even think he was that bad last year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:52 am

I did not like much of his game when he played last season, one of the reasons i think why Zidane dropped him after featuring him quite a bit early in the season. Remember the double fullback tactic with Marcelo + Theo on the left? Zidane played some moronic stuff last season, good lord.

his best game if i recall was vs Real Sociedad actually, he had an amazing battle with Odriozola.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:58 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I did not like much of his game when he played last season, one of the reasons i think why Zidane dropped him after featuring him quite a bit early in the season. Remember the double fullback tactic with Marcelo + Theo on the left? Zidane played some moronic stuff last season, good lord.

his best game if i recall was vs Real Sociedad actually, he had an amazing battle with Odriozola.

Well Zidane playing him at the wing wasn't exactly a great plan Laughing

One of the worst tactics I've seen. I'm just not seeing why we should sell now. I can see us signing yet another left back who doesn't hit immediately and getting sold right away.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 am

Freeza wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I did not like much of his game when he played last season, one of the reasons i think why Zidane dropped him after featuring him quite a bit early in the season. Remember the double fullback tactic with Marcelo + Theo on the left? Zidane played some moronic stuff last season, good lord.

Well Zidane playing him at the wing wasn't exactly a great plan Laughing

One of the worst tactics I've seen. I'm just not seeing why we should sell now. I can see us signing yet another left back who doesn't hit immediately and getting sold right away.

i think he has issues with his technique and his football intelligence + ability to manage is small spaces. This should have been picked up when scouting him but i saw him very limited in those areas. Like a way less technical bale with a lesser physique.

Some of those mechanical issues will take a while to fix/improve, which is why this doesnt bother me much. In comparison, despite Achraf numpty ways last season, he was way more gifted technically. He will become good imo.

A player with 0 technique is just non-negotiable for me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:57 am

Oh, that's right Rodrygo would be coming next season anyway. Still, we have an issue with the AM area. It's a good problem to have (too many players), but it would still be a problem.

And I really don't see Isco dropping into the midfield under Lopetegui. All the matches I saw for Spain Lope favored Isco further forward as a CAM or false 9. So if James comes in, I might expect that means Bale has to go- I'm not sure that would be the smart decision, but if we could get enough money to spend on a top class CF I'm all for it.

As for the Theo problem, I really hope that is just a false rumor. I think Theo has the potential, just didn't have the right management. As you guys said, throwing him on the wing with another LB is just confusing- him and Marcelo occupy the same spaces. I hope Lope is smarter than that, especially since Theo is maybe one of the only promising LBs I've seen.

Can't think of any LB old or young who would help us. Please no one say Coentrao (still under contract, how).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:14 am

the club has no plan to sell Bale, certainly not at this point.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:18 am

I really hope we don't throw away Theo now. I mean, he's 20, unless you're Bergomi or Maldini, he is gonna have way more shit matches than good ones but the potential is there. Also, he is our only reliable LB.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am

I wonder if the idea, if rumors about Theo are valid, that they plan to use one of Carvajal or Odriozola on left when needed in addition to Nacho.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:43 am

My thoughts now after listening to Nick, particularly about Lewandowsky not for sale and Bale remaining, are that

Club will likely reach a deal for Hazard

Try for Cavani, maybe Lewandowsky as well, and if not successful,will go after Rodrigo.

That means Benz in addition to Bale stays and given the price they put on him, Kovacic as well.

Not sure about James!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 am

Kova is leaving for sure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Perez at Odriozolas presentation: we are going to reinforce the team with fantastic players

hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Courtois is one
Hazard is potentially another
Maybe James comes back
Maybe we replace Theo
Maybe we sign a CM/DM
And then I think we sign a CF

There are like 6 weeks to go still in the transfer market
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Di Marzio is reporting 160-170 deal being negotiated for both hazard and Courtois. That would put hazard at 125-135 mil lol, less than dembele
to follow up on this news, Euro United is saying that we have agreed a deal with Hazard.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Interesting to see how we'll line up with Isco and Hazard. Get James and a striker and we are good to go
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next