halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 34 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:24 pm

That theory wont stand because we all saw Benzema having successful seasons in Madrid, scoring 30 goals in the season or so. And right when we expected him to make a leap, his production dropped off massively.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 34 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm

On very very few shots though Nick.  He was at around 30% efficiency on his shots in his good seasons.   That's not sustainable.

If he scores 30-40 on 20% thereabouts efficiency... then that's something you can project he could have done regularly.

Not saying he didn't have a couple of poor season.  But I am saying that his margin for error was very small given how he was used.  Same with Bale.  This season, they will both get a lot more opportunities to make their mark.

Same with Isco and Asenso as well... anyone who likes the ball and play around the box. They will get a chance to play to their strengths AND fill a role at the same time.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Benzema choosing not to take shots is his own problem, not a team design. Great forwards have to be selfish at times to score goals for their team.

I just think he was in a great position to become a legendary Madrid striker, he has/had the talent, and the trust of those running the club, and sadly he squandered it all.

He went from a kid whom at Lyon was talking about becoming the best in the world, winning the golden ball, to whatever he was last season.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:14 pm

No man. Bale was getting the same number of shots per game as Benz as well. Higuain too when he was here.

It wasn't a one player issue.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:26 pm

there are more than enough benzema threads on here with different names to discuss benzema already, don't tell me this one is going to be hijacked once again by yet another benzema crusade. back to the issue of transfers, how do you guys feel about a technical director? i've been against it for years but someone made an interesting point in the general thread some months back

i'm sorry i can't remember who as it wasn't in the club thread, and it wasn't made by a madrid fan, but in summary the person's argument was, we spend so much time chasing after the top bracket that's difficult to sign, whilst guys like de bruyne salah who weren't considered elite but did have needed experience, where picked up relatively easily by city pool. his argument was we're either looking at top brass who are too valuable to their clubs or spending money on wet behind the ears young talent. but there's a middle level we can look at

and to me that level is something a technical director would or should have expertise on rather than flo and his group. in the past i've been against technical directors because of one reason or another, but if indeed we are not going to be a club that can hold unto a coach long term, it may be good to have one....and btw i'm not saying madrid should sign salah and de bruyne, cos i know some will read that post and that's all they'll take from it

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:35 pm

yeah tito.... that's what I mean.  You don't need to sign only Neymar, Hazard, Mbappe, Lewandowski, Pogba, etc.  Martial, Malcom, Mahrez, Rabiot, Nzonzi, Boateng (as a backup CB), etc could all be had.

We just need a more experienced bench is my beef.  We don't need regulars immediately.  I'm worried that we're going to have a very hard time as soon as injuries start happening. I also don't think it's fair to the kids if they're asked to play at the Madrid level immediately. Give a couple of kids chance like Ceballos and another.... but we're going to need 4-5 kids to step up this season given how we're built.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:35 pm

That person, Tito, was Arte, he mentioned it and he has a point. Under Perez, we hardly ever look to those guys. Madrid used to sign the Salah's and the De Bruyne's but as long as Perez is here, it's either the elite players or (apparently nowadays) big money youth signings.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 pm

we have made middle of the pack signings before, like Pepe, Coentrao, Di Maria Khedira,  Modric, Kroos, or Courtois. My problem with these arguments is that it's always short sighted and there is never any context to it.

De Bruyne if i recall cost 80 millions from Wolfsburg, not exactly a cheap signing when he was transferred. And the case of Salah is 1 in 1000 in terms of expectations, and results. How many signings go turn out that good?

sometimes i really dont understand what people complain about.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Nonsense I could easily name at least 10 backup players signed by Perez, Name doesn’t come to me right now but last was Kovacic and before that the RB from Porto and then left to go to City. Problem is they don’t usually work out, not good enough or if they are they want starter status and then leave. I agree with Sports that we have too many young talents, but the alternative of signing experienced backup is much harder to do than it used to be.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Looks like Nick was responding same as I atbsame time!)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:53 pm

I sincerely forgot that the likes of Di Maria, Pepe, Khedira, Coentrao, et al were under Perez. Also forgot those signings were made with Jose around so maybe that could explain that a bit.

Anyway, still think Perez doesn't really care too much of signing the Salah's of the footballing world too much. Also still maintain (yet again) Madrid would be fine.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:59 pm

It doesnt explain anything Doc. The context of our team in the past 5 years was that we built a CL winning machine with set starters everywhere. Guys who were walking on the team sheet everyweek.

We tried to sign Mbappe, he looked at the BBC and he was like "i want to play". You think Salah at 25 coming from Roma would have wanted to come on our bench? i doubt it.

You also have to look at what opportunities we offer those guys to play. Guys are not just gonna sign for us if it means being buried behind 100 mil players. And i would argue it's easier to convince younger players to accept a bench role than it is to convince a 25 years old who was a starter in his team and is being chased by a top 4 team in england.

When De Bruyne was at Wolfsburg and was barely even considered as a top 5 CM/AM, should we have spent 80 mil on him when we had Modric and Kroos in their prime, plus Isco in the team?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:10 pm

We didn't look at either player anyway so talking about what ifs is not exactly beneficial. To me, if it weren't for Jose being there, I don't think Perez was gonna look at the likes of Khedira or Coentrao (Pepe was signed in 2007 so he obviously doesn't count). Ozil would definitely have happened regardless of the manager, the whole top quality talent at a reasonable price. Again, all this is "to me". Personal opinion based on what I am seeing that is subject to change in case you dorks take this as gospel truth.

Anyway, I still have no issues with our transfer strategy.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:43 pm

as mentioned, we've made all those signings, but they were all made when we either had a sporting director or a manager who had a say, none of those names mentioned pepe courtois modric di maria khedira etc where people who flo had his mind set out for, (except courtois), they were either made by a manager, mourinho, or as in pepe's case calderon (with mijatovic as sporting director). its not difficult to assess who flo has his mind set out for . james for example was 100 percent flo after the 2014 world cup. i bet flo wasn't even checking him at porto. now i don't know the relationship with florentino and the coach with regards to signings, but if he isn't going to give the manager a say, then a sporting director would be welcome

even when we signed varane, mourinho was the coach and zidane did the leg work, as he was sporting director or had some role as adviser to the president at the time. the transfer window is what it is, what i just don't want is us wasting time again next season going after say a  neymar if psg isn't interested.....this will be our third time trying for this dude. the neymar and mbappe flo seems to be obsessed with, he actually turned down both of them.

if lopetegui is going to have minimal say and we're just going to go after guys whose clubs aren't desperate to sell, then get a technical director. this to me isn't a 'next season' solution, but a long term one, in the event we don't have the same manager 3 seasons from now
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:53 pm

I wouldn’t be opposed to a DoF so long as they are a good fit for the club (good record of signing a mix of good Spanish youth and available stars).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:09 am

Mbappe is looking to go to EPL from all indications. City to be exact along with Rabiot. He thinks EPL is a much bigger pond to play in than La Liga and Pep Guardiola is the best manager in the world to learn under.

Can't say I disagree with him on either point.

Going to be a bit scary that City team next season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 pm

There goes 300M sheikh money.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Rabiot is a free transfer.  So in their minds, they are paying 200 mil for Mbappe and 100 mil for Rabiot.

Nothing to do with Sheikh money.  They received £149,438,654 from the EPL for being champions (media money).  That's 170 mil euros from the media deal alone let alone the rest of it.  So they can pay 300 mil no problem.

This is assuming they pull off both.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Well assuming they don't sign other players as well. if they don't win CL this season the only direction i see is signing some superstars.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Mamad wrote:Well assuming they don't sign other players as well. if they don't win CL this season the only direction i see is signing some superstars.

CL money is a separate money source too.. You get a shitload of money for just being in that tournament, let alone getting to the elimination stages.

Honestly, the top EPL teams can literally outspend anyone easily. That's the big danger to Madrid.

Reminds me of the late 80s and 90s where Serie A was overwhelming everyone with their spending power. This is even far more pronounced since the game in revenue with the EPL media deal is so massive.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Watch the best player of this generation spend his career at QSG and Citeh. :facepalm:

I just can't digest that ffs
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:28 pm

we will just sign other players and we will continue to be successful.

There are always talented players around. No need to be dramatic.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:34 pm

why would Mbappé be going to City? What are you fantasizing about this time, @sportsczy ? Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Mbappe going to the PL would definitely end my Ligue 1 watch so I don't mind.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Watch the best player of this generation spend his career at QSG and Citeh. :facepalm:

i like mbappe, but isn't it a little premature to tag him best player of a generation?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:10 am

titosantill wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Watch the best player of this generation spend his career at QSG and Citeh. :facepalm:

i like mbappe, but isn't it a little premature to tag him best player of a generation?

Not really
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:45 pm

titosantill wrote:

It is considering there are many unknown players in his age bracket that haven't shown up on the football radar. He is one of the best regardless of whomever shows up to the dance though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next