Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:08 pm

Yea been busy.. I'll try man.

Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Cyborg Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Van de Beek still rumoured.

Hope this really happens.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:08 pm

We need him and another midfielder. Would've liked Ndombele but we were too late
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:34 pm

Agreement reached with Van de Beek according to Marca:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/08/02/5d443e89e2704ee52e8b4568.html

Most of our signings this summer are going to improve our depth, but I fail to see how any of them (except maybe Hazard) will be able to perform at the highest level from the start.

If you really take a look at our squad now that the transfer window is about to close, we have strengthened only one position in the starting eleven.

I can't really say it's enough.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Yeah I have nothing against Vande Beek but the type of player he is, is completely useless for the problems we have in midfield unless he turns into schweini 2.0

Anyway this is deal reached with the player pending negotiating with the club
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:00 pm

He's an incredibly hard worker who can score goals. That's what we need.

Think Kroos is our biggest problem. He's lazy and a one trick pony. It makes us look bad, when our manager can't built a system where he's not exposed. Modric and Casemiro have covered for him a lot, but with Ronaldo gone we need goals from the midfield, and none of those three offer that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Yeah but he is a hard worker who shined as a AM playing second striker at times last season, a system player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:18 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Yeah but he is a hard worker who shined as a AM playing second striker at times last season, a system player.

We was moved to AM from CM last year, and he scored the same for Ajax when he was mainly a CM in 17/18. CM is a natural position for him.

I haven't seen him as a SS at all. He's just very willing to run, which gets him in good positions. Before last season he'd been a Defensive midfielder more than he'd ever been an AM.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:59 pm

I still say our so called revamping is flawed and it's mostly due to Zidane.

1. He is trusting the same starting lineup that failed so miserably last season. He instead is trying to create an improved bench strength and hopes that competition will inspire his aging under performing starters. Plus he is insisting he can bring out the best in Isco and Asensio (although obviously the latter is now out for this season). Now he is resting hope that one of four kids will come thru, even though they can only have 3 of them on club, once Fede's gets Spanish passport, but in same breath he says they are for the future and we have to bring them on slowly??? - translation - I think Isco will start and the kids will be substitutes plus he will occasionally play Jovic as an SS) - bottom line is he is counting on rejuvenating the entire starting 11?????

2. He stubbornly insists on Pogba, as if the one change will solve everything and doesn't want to consider any plan B.

so I have to ask, why did Zidane leave in the first place? Was his dispute only that we needed Pogba, but everything else was OK?????
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Interesting signing hopefully he starts immediately and not be another player zz mysteriously doesn't like to find minutes for you know who, another midfielder would be good for more options, hopefully not another entitled Spanish lad trying to impress, proper back up for casemiro would be nice, since fede imo might over take kroos this season, but kroos will likely step it up when he has case and vdb covering a lot of ground for him, still want him to rotate will fede more.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:48 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:We need him and another midfielder. Would've liked Ndombele but we were too late

Yea, I wouldn't mind Pogba and Van de Beek in a midfield.

Kroos is so important to the midfield. There is no midfielder more competent than him. I think ppl here want midfielders to act like forwards and score goals and do tricks. The guy is too much class and quality and too necessary, hence he is one of the first on the team sheet. Good midfield partners will do a world of good .
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Not only that Kroos needs Casemiro to cover for him but also a left back like marcelo to carry the ball forward as he can’t do that either

he’s lucky because nobody cares about him otherwise he would of been criticized much more
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Not only that Kroos needs Casemiro to cover for him but also a left back like marcelo to carry the ball forward as he can’t do that either

he’s lucky because nobody cares about him otherwise he would of been criticized much more

Kroos has to be genuinely liked from not only the Socios but the entire city of Madrid because he rarely gets a proper drilling from the media. Unless I'm missing those articles...

Also, I don't mind the Van de Beek signing at all, actually like it a lot.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 pm

Doc wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Not only that Kroos needs Casemiro to cover for him but also a left back like marcelo to carry the ball forward as he can’t do that either

Kroos has to be genuinely liked from not only the Socios but the entire city of Madrid because he rarely gets a proper drilling from the media. Unless I'm missing those articles...

Also, I don't mind the Van de Beek signing at all, actually like it a lot.

with regard to Van de Beek, I think he’s a good player but buying him after barca got the much better midfielder from the same team does not sit well with me.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Freeza wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Yeah but he is a hard worker who shined as a AM playing second striker at times last season, a system player.

We was moved to AM from CM last year, and he scored the same for Ajax when he was mainly a CM in 17/18. CM is a natural position for him.

I haven't seen him as a SS at all. He's just very willing to run, which gets him in good positions. Before last season he'd been a Defensive midfielder more than he'd ever been an AM.
intake your word for it, and taking notes as well if we sign him and it flops I'll just circle back and blame you

Also still holding hopes for two CMs, even if it's Pogba + VdB
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:27 pm

If you ever call me out I’ll be sure to make a pretentious soundcloud message about you
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:28 pm

VdB and Eriksen would be a dream come true
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm sorry, what? from Pogba to some Dawsons Creek actor? ffs, there is still time for you to sign Eriksen or Juan Mata
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:37 pm

We will sign Pogba and there isn't much you can do about it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:06 pm

Juan Mata, lol. I forgot about him tbh
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:We will sign Pogba and there isn't much you can do about it

you will

just not this summer
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:22 pm

We're reportedly going for Bruno Fernandes according to Portuguese press
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:48 pm

Firenze wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:We will sign Pogba and there isn't much you can do about it

you will

just not this summer

This. I think him coming to Madrid is inevitable, but it won't be this summer.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:58 pm

I don't know if we'll need him next season, if we do get another midfielder by the end of this transfer period. There's also the possibility that Zidane gets sacked or leaves again.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:30 pm

Timmy you just echoed my thoughts. There is a good chance IMO that this season can be a repeat of last year and if so Zidane will be sacked.

as long as Zidane insists on trying to rejuvenate the entire starting lineup, it doesn't matter who else is signed.

You would have thought a reasonable knowledgeable person would conclude after similar miserable results with three separate and different coaches, it isn't the coach that is the problem rather it's the lineup!!

Hell even most of us, as Chad puts it, who know nothing about futbol, were saying a massive overall was needed, yet all that has been done is change some of the bench??????
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:39 pm

here's the starting lineup for this season:

Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Bale or Isco, Benzema, Hazard

and  bench:

Navas; Odriozola, Milatao, Nacho, Mendy; de Beek, Fede Isco; Lucas, Jovic, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Brahim

Frightening Huh!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next