Sri
Jamin
Iceman
beatrixasdfghjk.
Sushi Master
35 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 6 Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 pm

He will be backup for RVP. Will fight for a place with Chamakh ( not a hard thing to do atm lol )

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 6 Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:OL... looked bad for Lissandro. Lyon probably needs to sign someone now. Maybe the club gets smart and buys Martin? Can you guys afford it?

Looks horrible, I would have rather lose the match than see that. I would not be surprised if he was missing during 5 months..... Horrible, hope I am wrong.

We have no money, we are broke, could not even pay Ndinga fees, could not pay Britos fees, only bought a 2 millions defender and are only after another defender now. Pjanic is looking good now and Gourcuff and Ederson sill in the squad altough injured , creative midfielder not needed.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:20 pm

He has an IQ of 150. And he tested that at the age of 16!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 pm

I stopped reading at page nr4....

Cant believe non arsenal fans are having a better judgement than some gunners here.

Wenger can sign several strikers from Zero to 5m but the question is, will they do the job when we need them?

*cough Chamakh... how many of you are happy with him?

Im not... a really bad signing imo. He is lost in desert (EPL).. cant handle the pressure of Arsenal standards. etc...

How many of you guarantee that Park will score 20+ goals?

RVP is captain and world class striker but with current backups none can do at least 80% what RVP does.

Im not crying about this signing...its just, We can do better than that ffs.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:27 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
Those youtube clips made us buy into the Chamakh hype to be fair lol.

Chamakh did great for us...
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:31 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I was really mad at first, but I am calm down now, I look forward seeing him play for us. I know I was mad at Wenger at first, I am sure he knows what he is doing. I am sorry guys, if what I said offended some of you guys.

exactly , look how you offended the greatest manager we'v ever had, that's the only reason I said what I said, nothing else bro
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:34 am

youtube clips of chamakh always showed tht his shooting was weak! and he is great in the air...nothing's changed

just like with gervinho that his finishing and decision making isnt the best but his trickery and turn of pace is class...so youtube does help ofcourse not as much as watching every match live

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:46 am

no not all the time. I have seen an ancient youtube clip of Denielson when he first joined Arsenal. He had the samba flair then... dont know what happened to it
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:50 am

He is so similiar to RVP!

i love his celebrations. Brilliant.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:24 am

Well, you are still getting a guy that his heads above the technical average in EPL, wont have troubles dribbling through people
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:27 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Well, you are still getting a guy that his heads above the technical average in EPL, wont have troubles dribbling through people

you were just lmao'ing at him wtf ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:29 am

ali8775 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Well, you are still getting a guy that his heads above the technical average in EPL, wont have troubles dribbling through people

you were just lmao'ing at him wtf ?

I said he has nice technique, doesnt mean he is great.

he isnt bad, just deem it to be a bad transfer for Arsenal
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 am

back up for rvp = anyone better then chamakh really
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:37 am

can't wait for that celebration at Emirate. Good signing, 2 more to go
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 am

couple of things about Park that my friend just told me

- not a big game flop since he scored against powerhouse in ligue 1 like Lyon, Lille, Marseille, PSG
- leadership quality wherever he goes.
- his goal tally while lower than expected improve year by year, 5/35 - 9/33 - 12/35
- Also, SHIRT SALES

So is he > Bendy and the lost Moroccan ? probably ( that's not saying much though) especially for that price.

The only thing that puzzle me is how late this transfer is, looks like emergency signing. If AW rates him as highly as those came in this summer, I don't think he will leave it this late.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:56 am

Not a fantastic signing but a decent back up, Asian players have two thing good work rates and good composure both traits I appreciate.
Now we need a GOOD creative midfielder and a GOOD defender.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:10 am

ali8775 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I was really mad at first, but I am calm down now, I look forward seeing him play for us. I know I was mad at Wenger at first, I am sure he knows what he is doing. I am sorry guys, if what I said offended some of you guys.

exactly , look how you offended the greatest manager we'v ever had, that's the only reason I said what I said, nothing else bro
I know bro after what I said I felt real bad.

I love Wenger and when I look at him I see Arsenal, I know sometimes I go overboard and say things I dont mean. I Know Wenger loves Arsenal more then we do and no Arsenal player cares about Arsenal as much as he does. When Madrid came after him, he turn them down, that alone makes him a legend.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:38 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

I know bro after what I said I felt real bad.

I love Wenger and when I look at him I see Arsenal, I know sometimes I go overboard and say things I dont mean. I Know Wenger loves Arsenal more then we do and no Arsenal player cares about Arsenal as much as he does. When Madrid came after him, he turn them down, that alone makes him a legend.

great that you see the error bro , takes a man to do that Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Nobody is going to sell a truly top flight player from their roster this late in the marcato... They would be killing their club. The only one that may be available Is Martin because he plays for a small club and they couldn't turn down big money I would think..

Exactly what I've been trying to say.

People need to accept that it's not been a great summer and that we're in a difficult position in the market. We have a lot of money to spend but that's not an excuse to be reckless with it.

We'll be in a much better position to negotiate for players in future windows. At the moment, let's just take what we can get.
i also have the same opinion... Be happy that people wont cry that its 1 more kid.. Atleast he is more experienced.. and its a Wenger signing...
Btw.. whats Bendtner upto.. A WC striker cannot find a club...? also.. Almunia.. u r settling to b a 3rd choice here ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:21 am

gunnerlistick wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Everyone's pissed because they expected Benzema or someone high class.

The Hazard rumors also got everyone excited. Yeah, well, we all know Arsene Very Happy

There are still 2 players to come, if we're after 3. If it's M'Vila and Martin I'd be more than pleased.

people are so gullible...did they really expect us to sign hazard Smile
yeah.. guys u thought we would go for 20m on Hazard...seriously... Laughing
and Lille is in no hurry.. so wont sell him unless we meet his price...they are planning to sell him next season for a higher price..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Here's French football expert Andrew Gibney on Arsenal target Park Chu-Young...

The sleepy region of Nord-Pas-de-Calais awoke on Saturday morning to rumours of Lille’s favourite Belgian son Eden Hazard apparently turning up in London for a medical. Was the move to Arsenal finally on? Quickly these rumours were dashed when Hazard’s teammate Aurelian Chedjou posted a picture on twitter of Hazard and himself posing in the LOSC changing room after a morning training session.

All was well with the French Champions….or so they thought. Lille officials were shocked when they sent a car to a hotel in the city centre to collect South Korean international Park Chu-Young and take him to the Luchin training centre for a medical and to possibly sign a contract. On arrival at the hotel it was discovered that Park had left. Where was he? En route to Arsenal!

From right under Lille’s nose Arsenal could be about to pick up one of the best bargains of the summer. Currently contracted to the recently relegated AS Monaco the deal Lille had apparently agree was for €3m up-front and an extra €2m if Park does not have to leave to serve National Service back in Korea in two years time.

Last season Park scored 12 goals in Ligue 1 and was one of a few stand-out players in a very poor Monaco side. The issue of National Service, Monaco’s position in Ligue 2 and Park’s desire to play in a top team have brought the fee right down and makes the forward quite an excellent bargain.

Park Chu-Young, 26, joined Monaco back in 2008. After playing in the Beijing Olympics he signed on the September 1. Only twelve days later he scored his first goal and set up another for Frédéric Nimani as Monaco won 2-0 and Park was named Man of the Match.

Signed from FC Seoul after scoring 23 goals in 69 games, Park has quickly become one of the most celebrated players in his country. Bursting onto the scene as an unknown 19-year old his fantastic performances led Korea to the 2004 AFC Youth Championship for the 11th time. He was voted the tournament’s MVP and picked up the Golden Ball Award.

The country's hysteria with Park grew even further when he was voted Asian Young Footballer of the Year after an impressive run of games against China, Ukraine, Algeria and Japan in an eight-team tournament played in Qatar. His nine goals in four games for the U-20 side led them to victory.

It’s no surprise that in the years that followed he has risen through the ranks of the national team. Scoring goals for the U-20s, U-23s and then eventually making his full national team debut in 2005. Disappointingly he only played once in the 2006 World Cup although he did pick up the Man of the Match award for his 63 minute performance against Switzerland.

Once the big move to Europe finally materialised it didn’t take him long to impress the Monegasques fans and he quickly became a favourite throughout Ligue 1. Starting as a wide player he was able to show his ability with the ball at his feet. Quick along the ground, with great balance and little moments that show the skill he possessed with the ball at his feet.

Many strikers came and left the Stade Louis II but Park remained. With five goals in his first season and eight in his second it was easy to see his style suiting the league and the South Korean was beginning to flourish. When the 2010/11 season came around Park was Monaco’s leading front-man and he began to show his aerial presence as a lone striker.

His impressive leap and strong physique make him a dangerous aerial presence. Adept from dead-ball situations even though Monaco were relegated, Park impressed and managed to find the net twelve times last season.

Ever since Park made the move west his abilities have grown and grown with every season, but unfortunately the AS Monaco team was going in the other direction. Long gone are the Didier Deschamps days when the club made the Champions League final. Since Park’s arrival he has played under three different managers in only three seasons.

Years of bad leadership at the top and poor management at the club has led to their demise. Relegated to Ligue 2 last season this was not the time for a player with the talents of Park Chu-Young to be playing second tier football.

After missing out of the 2011 Asian Cup through injury, a season in Ligue 2 could have seen him fall off the radar altogether, so a move to the high-profile English Premier League could be exactly what he needs to keep his career on track.

Already a superstar in his own country the nation of South Korea will be delighted to see Park join one of the most popular leagues in the world. It will be very interesting to see where Arsenal go for their pre-season tour next year...

South Korea anyone?

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Arsenal-transfer-Park-Chu-Young-what-the-fans-can-expect-by-Andrew-Gibney-article792143.html#ixzz1WJx5GCWv

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:28 pm

going from 5 goals to 8 and then 12 is really flourishing as a striker lol. not to mention he was nowhere really in terms of assists.

Again, good player. Nothing all that great. Chamakh was rated much higher than him before he left for Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6