Sri
Jamin
Iceman
beatrixasdfghjk.
Sushi Master
35 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco Empty Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Good player... nothing great. Nowhere near the quality of Hazard. I don't rate him as better than Arshavin frankly. But Wenger decided to get him since it was clear that Hazard would not be coming. Park is cheap in terms of transfer fee (somewhere around 3-4 million) and salary (1.5 to 2 million annual).

Depth signing. Wenger needs to do better than this.

Back to top Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Seriously? We're all drooling for Hazard and we get... Park?

Underwhelming is an understatement.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:05 pm

And the Lille prez is seriously pissed. Made some harsh comments today regarding this turn of events... they had the contract ready and were expecting him to land in Lille today. Instead, he took a flight to London lol.

Does not bode well for any future business with Lille.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm still in shock. First due to the caliber of the signing, and second for the reasons you stated. Pretty much kills our chances of ever landing him.

4 days of torture left.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Source?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:16 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110827_121128_park-file-a-l-anglaise.html

L'Equipe with quotes from Lille prez.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Good replacement for Bendtner up front. Now we won't have to worry about ACN or about RVP getting injured as much.

Still need a playmaker.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Wenger said yesterday he wants to sign a striker. its not like he's going for Park instead of Hazard.

lets be clear, Park is Bendtners replacement and tbh from what i saw of him 'youtube' and the stats he is way better than Bendy.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Apparently to Arsenal?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Don't mind the signing one bit, as long as it doesn't ruin our relations with Lille in any way. Thats asking for the moon right now though.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Well, South Korean and Japanese players are very underrated. I guess we did need a striker.

But... he's crap in FIFA! Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:21 pm

It's not a question of signing Park that's that bad as Arsenal need depth... it's the fact that it pissed off Lille badly and gives a strong indication that Lille will not sell Hazard. Only reason people were giving any credence to the Hazard to Arsenal rumors was that Park could have replaced Hazard at Lille potentially.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:25 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Source?

@BBCSport

South Korean striker Park Chu-Young due to have undergo medical at Arsenal, BBC Sport understands

Is Park not a striker rather than a winger/midfielder like Hazard? But I dont mind Park coming in as a striker as he needs a back-up atm rather than someone starting. He doesnt look to bad in YT videos (yes I know) and has a sweet right foot and loves to get in the box which we need. United and Liverpool were following him apparently although I'm not sure how credible those reports are. If he does the job, I'm happy.

RVP/Chu-Young/Walcott/Campbell/Chamakh isnt the worst front-line in the world, although I'd rather keep Bendy than Chamakh at this point.

ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:27 pm

We needed a striker more than a winger. Makes sense. We are ample in the wings. Hazard was always a luxury signing anyway. I'm at peace with that.

Now where is that damn playmaker??

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm

As long as there is an actual signing, I'm cool Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:41 pm

ali8775 wrote:As long as there is an actual signing, I'm cool Very Happy

LOL, this is what we have become. We are just happy to know that we're getting someone...ANYONE!
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Iceman wrote:
ali8775 wrote:As long as there is an actual signing, I'm cool Very Happy

LOL, this is what we have become. We are just happy to know that we're getting someone...ANYONE!

We have alot in common Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Bendtner is better. I'm so *bleep* tired of Wenger. How could i believe we would get Hazard, M'Villa and Cahill. OMG.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:43 pm

If this is true , i really think we have more or less burnt all bridges for Hazard.

Unacceptable behavior really Neutral
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Hold up a second.

Why are people so hung up over Hazard? There was no concrete link; nothing but rumours from random French radio stations. The signing wasn't close to happening.

Don't know why people can't just enjoy a signing. We needed a striker and we're getting one. What's the big problem?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:47 pm

AnJl wrote:If this is true , i really think we have more or less burnt all bridges for Hazard.

Unacceptable behavior really Neutral

I'm still to get over the fact that for once, we are the BAD BOYS in the transfer dealings. Too bad we pick on those smaller clubs, instead of low-balling those who try to use us as their scouts. Then again, its a vicious circle. Twisted Evil

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:50 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Hold up a second.

Why are people so hung up over Hazard? There was no concrete link; nothing but rumours from random French radio stations. The signing wasn't close to happening.

Don't know why people can't just enjoy a signing. We needed a striker and we're getting one. What's the big problem?

The big problem, my friend, is that people here like to jump ahead of their horses. We saw that with the Mata saga as well. And that Lille president talking hasn't helped one bit.

As I said, personally, I am glad we are addressing a more important aspect. We needed a striker more than a winger. We have enough wingers in Walcott, Arshavin, Ryo, Ox and Gervinho. JC is far from being first team just yet, as is Afobe.

What we really need now, is a playmaker. Not M'Vila, not Hazard. Maybe a Martin or a Kaka. (I'm not sold on Hazard as a playmaker. Thats like playing Theo alone up front for me).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:55 pm

When you go for a "bad boy" move like this, you should do it for an impact player, like a Cesc or a Nasri. Why waste the bullet on a player the caliber of Park?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:When you go for a "bad boy" move like this, you should do it for an impact player, like a Cesc or a Nasri. Why waste the bullet on a player the caliber of Park?
I agree... we aren't really killing it in wingers, either. I mean, really good players we have: ... Gervinho and Walcott?

Arshavin is class, but he's in decline. Chamberlain and co: just kids who still need years to be at top level. So pretty much 2 solid guys and 1 great backup. That's not what I'd call depth.

Sportsczy, does Park play on the wings? Is he a scorer or more of a SS?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:02 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Hold up a second.

The big problem is that our best players are leaving, and we get some Park signings. Wenger promised us quality signings.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next