Sri
Jamin
Iceman
beatrixasdfghjk.
Sushi Master
35 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 2 Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:02 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Hold up a second.

Why are people so hung up over Hazard? There was no concrete link; nothing but rumours from random French radio stations. The signing wasn't close to happening.

Don't know why people can't just enjoy a signing. We needed a striker and we're getting one. What's the big problem?

The big problem is that our best players are leaving, and we get some Park signings. Wenger promised us quality signings.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 2 Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by djoe26 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
The big problem is that our best players are leaving, and we get some Park signings. Wenger promised us quality signings.
Thumbs up
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
sportsczy wrote:When you go for a "bad boy" move like this, you should do it for an impact player, like a Cesc or a Nasri. Why waste the bullet on a player the caliber of Park?
I agree... we aren't really killing it in wingers, either. I mean, really good players we have: ... Gervinho and Walcott?

Arshavin is class, but he's in decline. Chamberlain and co: just kids who still need years to be at top level. So pretty much 2 solid guys and 1 great backup. That's not what I'd call depth.

Sportsczy, does Park play on the wings? Is he a scorer or more of a SS?

chamberlin and ryo can do the business if needed, winger is not really a position where you need to worry about inexperience. i believe they will be decent back ups.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:08 pm

When we bought Henry, he was considered a flop and not "quality"

Oh how things changed.

Have some faith, will you?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Signing Hazard was simply impossible now with so few days left.

But Wenger signing Park is totally unexpected. Lille is completely pissed now. Anyway I don't see why they wanted Park since they have Hazard, Sow and Payet upfront.

Anyway Park is a good player, but he won't be starter at Arsenal and it's definitely not the signing that will appease Arsenal fans.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

srigooner wrote:
The big problem, my friend, is that people here like to jump ahead of their horses. We saw that with the Mata saga as well. And that Lille president talking hasn't helped one bit.

As I said, personally, I am glad we are addressing a more important aspect. We needed a striker more than a winger. We have enough wingers in Walcott, Arshavin, Ryo, Ox and Gervinho. JC is far from being first team just yet, as is Afobe.

What we really need now, is a playmaker. Not M'Vila, not Hazard. Maybe a Martin or a Kaka. (I'm not sold on Hazard as a playmaker. Thats like playing Theo alone up front for me).

We've got approximately 60m of selling our very best players so we did expect quality players as wenger promised.

Hazard isnt just a winger, he can also play AM so we did need him.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
sportsczy wrote:When you go for a "bad boy" move like this, you should do it for an impact player, like a Cesc or a Nasri. Why waste the bullet on a player the caliber of Park?
I agree... we aren't really killing it in wingers, either. I mean, really good players we have: ... Gervinho and Walcott?

Arshavin is class, but he's in decline. Chamberlain and co: just kids who still need years to be at top level. So pretty much 2 solid guys and 1 great backup. That's not what I'd call depth.

He's not a scorer. His goal tally the last 3 years are 5, 8 and 12. He played the CF role for Monaco because they had no other choice in 2010-2011... they were awful. He was the top scorer for the team with 12 followed by 4 for the next player.

I see him more as a energy winger type, although you can play him anywhere on the front line and he'll play hard. He has decent size at 1,82m and 76kg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:11 pm

It's a signing, but I ain't that all impressed...yet. He's going to be third choice, so I don't expect him to be a top player anyways. I'm waiting on the REAL signings.

I'm more worried that we just frakked up our relationship with a top club.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:12 pm

the_gooner wrote:It's a signing, but I ain't that all impressed...yet. He's going to be third choice, so I don't expect him to be a top player anyways. I'm waiting on the REAL signings.

I'm more worried that we just frakked up our relationship with a top club.

im worried about that too tbh
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:15 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Hold up a second.

Why are people so hung up over Hazard? There was no concrete link; nothing but rumours from random French radio stations. The signing wasn't close to happening.

Don't know why people can't just enjoy a signing. We needed a striker and we're getting one. What's the big problem?

And how do you know Park won't be a quality signing?

Signing a big calibre player is simply impossible with the limited time we have. To expect such to happen is unrealistic.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

He's not a scorer. His goal tally the last 3 years are 5, 8 and 12. He played the CF role for Monaco because they had no other choice in 2010-2011... they were awful. He was the top scorer for the team with 12 followed by 4 for the next player.

I see him more as a energy winger type, although you can play him anywhere on the front line and he'll play hard. He has decent size at 1,82m and 76kg.
Ah, so we did get a winger/false 9. Good.

I can see him being put on the wings, from your description. As long as vP is fit, I mean. I say we still need a poacher type, but Wenger hasn't had one of these since Eduardo.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:17 pm

What's going on with his army situation?

I'm reading that he has to serve in 2 years?

Can we really throw money at the government to make it go away?
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:24 pm

you guys are hating and you'v NEVER WATCHED HIM PLAY
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:24 pm

the_gooner wrote:What's going on with his army situation?

I'm reading that he has to serve in 2 years?

Can we really throw money at the government to make it go away?

As I understand it, he can be excused from national service. The same happened with Park Ji-Sung.

Anyway, Arsenal have done absolutely nothing wrong here. Park had not signed a contract with Lille. We were well within our rights to bid for the player and once that bid is accepted, it's the players choice.

If anything, Lille are more upset with Park than they are with us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Look, Park is good. But he gets injured way too often and does not excel at a role. He can play all the forward positions and will do a decent job at them all.

Very good depth player. Not Arsenal starter quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

wenger doesn't buy players based on their cost...its all about quality! when u have a player the quality of park, u will go for him and buy him irrespective of cost...especially when u hvae a player like hazard as ur second choice lol

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

I am reading Lille forum, seeing that they insult Wenger and hate Arsenal.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:Look, Park is good. But he gets injured way too often and does not excel at a role. He can play all the forward positions and will do a decent job at them all.

thats why we brought him lol, we aint gonna find someone atm thats better then rvp
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:30 pm

RVP is a part time player. Arsenal should have make a bid of 30-40 for Benzema at the beginning of the summer.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:34 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Look, Park is good. But he gets injured way too often and does not excel at a role. He can play all the forward positions and will do a decent job at them all.

thats why we brought him lol, we aint gonna find someone atm thats better then rvp

But you pissed off Lille who is a talent-producing machine in France. Their Prez is very hardcore and this just burned a bridge with him... makes little sense. There were quite a few Park-quality player out there to be had.

Just for starters, Leon at Madrid is available and he is a better player than Park. Would have been cheap too.

There are some reasons for Arsenal to have signed Park. But the downside far outweighs the limited upside imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:37 pm

May be they refused to sell us Hazard and wenger just wanted to Pi** them off Twisted Evil
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:37 pm

But you pissed off Lille who is a talent-producing machine in France. Their Prez is very hardcore and this just burned a bridge with him... makes little sense. There were quite a few Park-quality player out there to be had.

Lille are apparently more angry with Park than they with us.

If Seydoux is a reasonable man he'll see we've done nothing wrong. If he wants to have a hissy fit over it and break off ties with us, then maybe we're better off not negotiating with Lille anymore.

It's not like Lille are the only French club to produce good talent.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Wouldn't we have pissed them off more if we had taken Hazard?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 pm

OLpower wrote:I am reading Lille forum, seeing that they insult Wenger and hate Arsenal.

i really feel for them, arsenal fans know how they feel (cecs saga) but you know what, i hope they forgive us.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 pm

If he runs a lot , I'm cool. He's a back up anyway
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:42 pm

mani88 wrote:May be they refused to sell us Hazard and wenger just wanted to Pi** them off Twisted Evil

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 2 LOOOOOOOOOOOOL_by_Vorkedlarfleeze
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next