Sri
Jamin
Iceman
beatrixasdfghjk.
Sushi Master
35 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 3 Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by REWB Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:42 pm

mani88 wrote:May be they refused to sell us Hazard and wenger just wanted to Pi** them off Twisted Evil

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 3 LOOOOOOOOOOOOL_by_Vorkedlarfleeze

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Hazard off the table.  Arsenal poach Park from Monaco - Page 3 Empty Re: Hazard off the table. Arsenal poach Park from Monaco

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:42 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Wouldn't we have pissed them off more if we had taken Hazard?

Hazard was not a realistic target. He is ok with staying at Lille one more year and will be more valuable for sale in the future. Lille coach Garcia had said that he would resign if Hazard was leaving this year. They did not believe Hazard was going.

But they estimate that Arsenal should not have stolen Park at the last minute after they sold Gervinho to them the same season. Wenger has sometimes the image of the robber of ligue 1 in France.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 pm

ali8775 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Look, Park is good. But he gets injured way too often and does not excel at a role. He can play all the forward positions and will do a decent job at them all.

Very good depth player. Not Arsenal starter quality.

If he runs a lot , I'm cool. He's a back up anyway

He has a 150IQ. He will maybe help Wenger.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Soo instead of going for Elia He went for PARK !! , and instead of going for Zarate He went for ( Again ) PARK !!! And instead of going for a decent CF he went for a squad player !!

I'm Disappointed Really

Anyway i'm going to wait and see him before i put my final word on him
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:03 pm

3m MY ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monaco striker Park is set to undergo a medical in London in the next 24 hours with a view to completing a move that could be worth in the region of £10 million.
French champions Lille were convinced they had all but wrapped up a deal for the 26-year-old before Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger stepped up his pursuit.
Reports suggested Park had agreed terms with Lille and had completed the first part of a medical but failed to show up for the second part after Wenger came calling.
Lille president Michel Seydoux told BBC Sport: "We haven't had a telephone call, nothing.
"From what we understand he could be at Arsenal."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8726931/Arsenal-on-the-verge-of-signing-Moncao-striker-Park-Chu-Young.html
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Spider wrote:3m MY ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monaco striker Park is set to undergo a medical in London in the next 24 hours with a view to completing a move that could be worth in the region of £10 million.
French champions Lille were convinced they had all but wrapped up a deal for the 26-year-old before Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger stepped up his pursuit.
Reports suggested Park had agreed terms with Lille and had completed the first part of a medical but failed to show up for the second part after Wenger came calling.
Lille president Michel Seydoux told BBC Sport: "We haven't had a telephone call, nothing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8726931/Arsenal-on-the-verge-of-signing-Moncao-striker-Park-Chu-Young.html

If you pay 10 millions for a player that was going to Lille for 3+2 millions€ then you are pigeons.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Lille must be very pissed right now...
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm

OLpower wrote:
Spider wrote:3m MY ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you pay 10 millions for a player that was going to Lille for 3+2 millions€ then you are pigeons.
haha that's hilarious, price went up like crazy, incredible.

Lille is not going to want to negotiate selling Hazard with you next summer, forget him already.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm

The deal is £3,000,000, not £10,000,000.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Dissapointed to be honest....I have seen this bloke play, he is decent player but not good enough for us.

I mean why not try Bellamy ??

Wenger went for the Cheap option again, I would love park to prove me wrong Smile
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Bellamy's wages are way too high for someone who'd only be a bit-part player.

I don't see how this is the "cheap" option considering this is a depth signing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:23 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Bellamy's wages are way too high for someone who'd only be a bit-part player.

I don't see how this is the "cheap" option considering this is a depth signing.

He is not better than what we have, you only sign players who are better or going to be better than what you have.

I just don't want another chamack or squillaci here

I kn
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:30 pm

He is not better than what we have, you only sign players who are better or going to be better than what you have.

Would you say Chamakh is the betetr player, then?

I don't really agree with that philosophy. Teams everywhere always sign players just to offer more depth, not necessarily to improve the squads quality.

I'm not seeing what the issue is with this signing. Bendtner is leaving and Chamakh is going to the African Cup of Nations. We needed depth and we're getting it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Honorable and fair dealings is a huge emphasis in France. Both by the club and the players... Moreso than the actual price tbh (although there's a limit there lol). Payet tried the bully method last year with St Etienne and just got buried. PSG needs to be careful in that regards because you don't want to get blacklisted.... the new owners need to be aware of it. It's very much of an "old boys" network here.

Wenger knows this and that's why i'm very surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Would you say Chamakh is the betetr player, then?

I don't really agree with that philosophy. Teams everywhere always sign players just to offer more depth, not necessarily to improve the squads quality.

I'm not seeing what the issue is with this signing. Bendtner is leaving and Chamakh is going to the African Cup of Nations. We needed depth and we're getting it.

Just don't want a another squillaci or chamack....two players who are not good enough to play for us and are happy to sit on the bench because they are "depth"
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:Honorable and fair dealings is a huge emphasis in France. Both by the club and the players... Moreso than the actual price tbh (although there's a limit there lol). Payet tried the bully method last year with St Etienne and just got buried. PSG needs to be careful in that regards because you don't want to get blacklisted.... the new owners need to be aware of it. It's very much of an "old boys" network here.

I am not surprised. Wenger strategy has always been to target ligue 1 players and to try to get them below markeit value exploiting the opportunity in their contracts.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 pm

That's all well and good, but I still don't see what we've done wrong here. We made a bid, Monaco accepted and the player decided to join us instead of Lille.

If the player went back on his word in deciding to join us, then that's a problem between him and Lille, not Arsenal/Wenger and Lille.

Incidentally, while I don't see Hazard ever coming here I'm not so sure Lille will be so unwilling to negotiate with us if we offer them the right amount of money. Clubs just don't refuse to negotiate just because another club signed one of their targets.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:58 pm

OLpower wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Honorable and fair dealings is a huge emphasis in France. Both by the club and the players... Moreso than the actual price tbh (although there's a limit there lol). Payet tried the bully method last year with St Etienne and just got buried. PSG needs to be careful in that regards because you don't want to get blacklisted.... the new owners need to be aware of it. It's very much of an "old boys" network here.

I am not surprised. Wenger strategy has always been to target ligue 1 players and to try to get them below markeit value exploiting the opportunity in their contracts.

Yeah... he's already on the shit list with the Chamakh dealings. That's why you see less and less French players head to Arsenal. Madrid is taking over a bit and Man U is getting the preferred treatment over Arsenal in terms of EPL teams. Newcastle is burning bridges too. Competition for L1 players is becoming very intense and some of the older participants (Arsenal and Newcastle) are starting to lose their heads imo.

Not that any of the clubs can stop anyone from approaching their players... but they can limit access and steer them in another direction. Lose the competitive edge.

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:59 pm

hazard won't sign for us in the future, we will get priced out.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Yeah... he's already on the shit list with the Chamakh dealings. That's why you see less and less French players head to Arsenal. Madrid is taking over a bit and Man U is getting the preferred treatment over Arsenal in terms of EPL teams. Newcastle is burning bridges too. Competition for L1 players is becoming very intense and some of the older participants (Arsenal and Newcastle) are starting to lose their heads imo.

Not that any of the clubs can stop anyone from approaching their players... but they can limit access and steer them in another direction. Lose the competitive edge.
Didnt Flamini and a couple of others get black listed from the NT for acting like douches when leaving france?

Mexes is lucky to be with the national team right now...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:27 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Didnt Flamini and a couple of others get black listed from the NT for acting like douches when leaving france?

Mexes is lucky to be with the national team right now...

There's a long list.

Any player who was douche during the Domenech era received a general pardon... Mexes was one of them lol. Even Benzema had a few words about Domenech and he never says anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:06 pm

he is the South Korean Capitan.... he can't be that bad....plus he gives some alot of experience too he has over 50 caps....

and according to BBC it's 3mil..... could be higher depends on apps and goals later
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Actually, this is a very good signing in my view. just like most Wengers signings, people are quick to jump in a call our signings flops. but if any of you watched the WC last year would have noted that he was the only bright player for Korea. he actually outshone the other Park. He is definately an improvement on Chamakh. for starters, his build up pla is better. As for Lille being pissed off, lets be honest, what were the odds on us meeting their asking price?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Well I didn't expect this.....chu young... Smile

I haven't heard much of him, all i know is he's the south korean captain.

I mean, he might not be that bad. I'm not excited by this signing, neither furious. I juz hopes he performs when he gets his chance and scores his fair share of goals.

So it's obvious that Bendtner is going now, and on how this signing affects our chances of getting Hazard.............well the guy was halfway through his medical to join Lille, till we literally snatched him... So it looks like no Hazard for us, for now.

Wenger can't stop now. We still need two more quality (and i mean quality) players. Replacement for cesc and a CB.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm happy we're signing someone, but this is not what I expected at all. We will also likely not be on good terms with Lille from now on, which means we'll have to pay even more next season if we want any hope of getting Hazard (and we probably never will get him now).

One positive we can take: Arsene showed he can do business very quickly if he has to Smile

Still, it's hard to look at this signing and not feel as though it's just a panic buy. I honestly would have preferred we just kept Vela from his loan, or even Bendtner, because at least we have an idea of how good those guys are.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Hazard wasnt any good for us anyway. He is not the quality we are looking for just like mata. He is not near our quality standard but players like Chu-young are.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next