Mr Nick09
Pedram
H.A.
Zealous
cyberman
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Real / Barca fans.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Real / Barca fans..

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:15 pm

cyberman wrote:Babun, you care so much that not 1 thread has gone past 1 pge. This is the future and plight of your league ffs. Youre barely paying lip service to it
I actually think the La Liga fans are letting down the forum by not covering it in the general.
Youll find 10x more threads and posts about Neymar / Clasico / Analysis of games from the 90s / Is player x the greatest / than you would of their own league going to the wall.
I genuinely think they wouldnt care if they were playingthe reserve sides every week or not.

obvious is obvious crap is for social retards and the sexually untouched.

No one cares about it, it would just turn into EPL vs La Liga flamefest as always.

Whats the point?

I watch all La Liga games that Sky show, As i watch all Bundesliga games and Serie A games on ESPN and all EPL games Sky show( Plus NUFC game).....

If i dont catch them live ill record them and watch them during the week usually...

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
No one cares about it, it would just turn into EPL vs La Liga flamefest as always.

Whats the point?
Isn't that the point of this thread? scratch

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Whats the point?
Isn't that the point of this thread? scratch

Cyber's trademark Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

cyberman wrote:Why dont you have interest in the rest of your league?

Zaragoza threatened.... and almost..... stopped the cameras from entering the stadium to broadcast the Madrid game because they werent paid last years TV money
Today a high level meeting by 12 La Liga clubs voted on trying to get La Liga to buy the rights and sell them fairly.
Now, i may be wrong in a few details, but I cant find 1 thread on here discussing it and set me right.
If this were EPL or Serie A, wed have a 10 pge locked thread by now.
Ive asked before and Im not having a go..but why do Real / Barca fans not care about La Liga?

i'm not saying it's the case, but remember most barca and madrid fans here aren't really spanish. im not calling anyone glory hunter or anything, but it's something else when you're born in the country and you follow your league. zaragoza to most non-spanish fans is just a chance to watch c. ronaldo and messi shining. they couldn't care less about what's happening to the rest of the league.... i think.

drinking

Last edited by rsinatra on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

@mole

Dude what's with your sig man, why does the camera zoom in at an angle randomly? Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm

There are already threads about it and if I remember there was some 10 page thread in GS in which everyone was discussing so everything has already been said.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:46 pm

rsinatra wrote:

Zaragoza threatened.... and almost..... stopped the cameras from entering the stadium to broadcast the Madrid game because they werent paid last years TV money
Today a high level meeting by 12 La Liga clubs voted on trying to get La Liga to buy the rights and sell them fairly.
Now, i may be wrong in a few details, but I cant find 1 thread on here discussing it and set me right.
Ive asked before and Im not having a go..but why do Real / Barca fans not care about La Liga?

i'm not saying it's the case, but remember most barca and madrid fans here aren't really spanish. im not calling anyone glory hunter or anything, but it's something else when you're born in the country and you follow your league. zaragoza to most non-spanish fans is just a chance to watch c. ronaldo and messi shining. they couldn't care less about what's happening to the rest of the league.... i think.

drinking

This actually a fair assumption really. Most of us aren't Spanish so therefore the whole support the league thing doesn't apply all that well. However, to the ones that actually follow Spanish football, just because we don't talk about it doesn't we don't know about it. The truth is that it would not be of any interest to most people and would die out after 10 - 15 posts. It also has a high chance of just being another Barcelona/Real Madrid talk a ton and that really is really boring now (except Clasico time).

So, please forgive those who aren't the Spanish equivalent to the more anglo centric posters like Sepi and also, does it really matter?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:48 pm

I think people care about the league, but mostly they want to talk about stuff that happens on the pitch. Thats more intresting. At least to me it is.

I see many posts talking about how Atletico might finally do better this season, how Villareal will miss Santi and how Valencia have had a great summer despite losing Mata and probably have a more complete squad now.

I think people care, they just want to talk about football.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:53 pm

People watch and care about them but are not too vocal about it.Well,telling thos to outsiders who dont watch laliga out side real and barca is pointless anyway.I can count non laliga fans who watch valencia , villareal or atletico play in one hand actually.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Doc wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

drinking

This actually a fair assumption really. Most of us aren't Spanish so therefore the whole support the league thing doesn't apply all that well. However, to the ones that actually follow Spanish football, just because we don't talk about it doesn't we don't know about it. The truth is that it would not be of any interest to most people and would die out after 10 - 15 posts. It also has a high chance of just being another Barcelona/Real Madrid talk a ton and that really is really boring now (except Clasico time).

So, please forgive those who aren't the Spanish equivalent to the more anglo centric posters like Sepi and also, does it really matter?!

True!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:58 pm

however, valencia, villareal, and atletico still are "the others", who have famous players and constantly fight for a spot on the UCL or the EL. i think the point here is that you dont hear people talking much about mid-to-bottom clubs unless they start to buy bigger players like málaga or beat big teams in a one-time situation ... but then again, i dont blame them.. once again, i think Doc has a point, there wouldn't be many readers to discuss it, etc. it'd have to be a spanish forum imo
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Fair to say that most of the people here follow Goal.com where only Real Madrid and Barca news hog the limelight..

Low media coverage,not publicized enough and most of the teams lack an identity..I think it also depends on results on the pitch too..If Valencia or Atletico mount a serious title challenge we'll soon see fans talking a lot about them too and hence more publicity too..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:01 pm

What's there to talk about anyway?

It's always the same ... Madrid and Barca pretty much share the monopoly of the TV deal, which is the main income for most of the teams in Spain. IIRC, a new deal has been negotiated which will take place 2013/14. Apparently, this deal will only benefit Barca and Real further but nonetheless, the majority of the clubs agreed to it.

Looking aside of the TV deal, the attendances are decreasing because of the financial situation in Spain. Likewise are merchandise sales and even sponsorship deals. Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal and Atletico Madrid have yet to get a proper shirt-sponsor and they're amongst the best of the rest in Spain.

Truth is that it's all talk and no action in Spain. That's why there's not much to talk about anyway!

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Not just discuss it but actually be interested in it dear Nostalgic Brasilian. How much posters would really care about Espanyol signed 35 year old Walter Pandiani or Rayo players haven't been paid for over a year?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Not only that,the reason why EPL is talked most is because English is universal language,who knows spanish? Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Forget the language barrier for a bit, it's about what interest posters and I tell you hardly these things interest ppl. I recently found out that Rayo players have like 1 bike for training and players have to use it in 15 minute intervals. How much posts you think that thread would have generate if I post that in the GS?

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Doc wrote:Not just discuss it but actually be interested in it dear Nostalgic Brasilian. How much posters would really care about Espanyol signed 35 year old Walter Pandiani or Rayo players haven't been paid for over a year?!

exactly, this is an international, english speaking forum, where most posters root for a super european club..

at best, people should/would create a "la liga" thread , like the brasileirĂŁo thread, the french thread, the portuguese, etc, for people who have further interest in the smaller teams..
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Adit wrote:Not only that,the reason why EPL is talked most is because English is universal language,who knows spanish? Laughing

exactly..

Doc wrote:Forget the language barrier for a bit, it's about what interest posters and I tell you hardly these things interest ppl. I recently found out that Rayo players have like 1 bike for training and players have to use it in 15 minute intervals. How much posts you think that thread would have generate if I post that in the GS?

the thing is there are no superstars in rayo.. FOR EXAMPLE, if suddenly there was a wonderkid playing for them, and he voiced his concerns about what you just mentioned, such thread would actually generate comments, because it would have people's interest.

but it's not just off the pitch.. even on-the-pitch affairs involving rayo and other smaller la liga don't really generate any interest on this forum..
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:38 pm

michael1 wrote:
diptiman wrote:
michael1 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Because most clubs in La Liga don't deserve that much interest for anything other than "Where are they now" stories.

Frankly some of these clubs are run as hobbies rather than actual institutions. Not to mention some of the assclowns running things. Idiots that ran La Real, Valencia, Betis and Deportivo to the ground.

It's obvious you're fishing for a certain answer so I'll give it to you. I'm a fan of the club not the league. At least not in it's current state. I was a big fan of the league a few years ago however.

but how could you not want the whole league to be good, normally if ur a fan of the team ur fan of the league, i mean wouldnt u prefer having a challenging league where multiple teams can win.

sure if that happens real madrid might not win as often but as a whole for it would be so much better to watch rather than just looking forward to 2 games a year

i as a rm fan look forward to a lot of games .. dont see whata the problem.. and why would i like my team not winning the league as often?? Suspect

really u look forward to pumping basically every team 5 nil besides barca.

the problem is la liga is a 2 horse race and its only getting worse.

as to ur last question i dnt know about u but when ur basically only competing against one team for the league its a bit a a hollow win.

i mean wouldnt u prefer the league to have a cracker of a season where 3 or 4 teams are in with a chance and title goes right down to the wire between them, if u win it would be so much more satisfying and if you lost atleast u can sit back and think geez what a season that and can say well the other team desrved to walk away with it.

thats just me anyway.

its like inters first 2 league wins after the 2006 scandal no one really takes those 2 titles seriously as they had no competition what so ever.

personally i love nothing more than a good competition sure my teams arsenal and juventus have been suffering due to the many strongs teams in italy and england but when they do manage to suceed it will be so much sweeter knowing we beat mutliple quality teams to the league championship rather than just one team

lol weve been through this..do united fans get frustated since epl is a 2 horse race? no they win and then forward 'arsenal jokes'..
and arsenal wouldve finished third in la liga as well
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:44 pm

cyberman wrote:Babun, you care so much that not 1 thread has gone past 1 pge. This is the future and plight of your league ffs. Youre barely paying lip service to it
I actually think the La Liga fans are letting down the forum by not covering it in the general.
Youll find 10x more threads and posts about Neymar / Clasico / Analysis of games from the 90s / Is player x the greatest / than you would of their own league going to the wall.
I genuinely think they wouldnt care if they were playingthe reserve sides every week or not.

why are you caring bout our league so much.. dont you have your own club and league to focus on? since united get owned by champions of la liga every time..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Simple answer, we all agree that the tv money should be shared equally among the clubs Very Happy You can't discuss many pages long if there's nothing to add Very Happy Not one RM fan on these boards was against a change in the current tv dealings Very Happy What do you expect? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Fail troll thread, expect it to die after my post...
Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Adit wrote:Not only that,the reason why EPL is talked most is because English is universal language,who knows spanish? Laughing

500 Million People?

Really. All La Liga needs to do is to try and appease everyone in Latin America by buying their stars.

Just look at how many got on the Man U bangwagon when Chicharito went to England.

I see Red shirts nearly everyday now. (Darn kids Mad )
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:

500 Million People?

Really. All La Liga needs to do is to try and appease everyone in Latin America by buying their stars.

Just look at how many got on the Man U bangwagon when Chicharito went to England.

I see Red shirts nearly everyday now. (Darn kids Mad )

but what he meant was that this forum speaks english, so it naturally attract more english speakers than spanish speakers.. and i suppose most of them are interested in the EPL..

all the danish football fans i meet are either EPL or superliga (danish league) fans.. something with their (footballing) culture being similar, they just dont seem too attracted to la liga or serie a..

and i think that a BIG part of the 500 million you mentioned have their own football leagues, which they care more about.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 pm

I can understand Danes or any Teutonic countries not watching La Liga.

Looks like I went Off Topic.

My bad, Adit.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:47 pm

diptiman wrote:
michael1 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Because most clubs in La Liga don't deserve that much interest for anything other than "Where are they now" stories.

Frankly some of these clubs are run as hobbies rather than actual institutions. Not to mention some of the assclowns running things. Idiots that ran La Real, Valencia, Betis and Deportivo to the ground.

It's obvious you're fishing for a certain answer so I'll give it to you. I'm a fan of the club not the league. At least not in it's current state. I was a big fan of the league a few years ago however.

but how could you not want the whole league to be good, normally if ur a fan of the team ur fan of the league, i mean wouldnt u prefer having a challenging league where multiple teams can win.

sure if that happens real madrid might not win as often but as a whole for it would be so much better to watch rather than just looking forward to 2 games a year

i as a rm fan look forward to a lot of games .. dont see whata the problem.. and why would i like my team not winning the league as often?? Suspect

RM doesn't win the league often...

Real Madrid will support this because they realize they have royal support and will still be well off even if they lose a big chunk of tv money. While on the other hand, Barca will be screwed because they are currently in huge debt and need the tv money to keep trying to get themselvs out of it. Pretty much Real Madrid pushes this to work, Barca will lose money and sooner or later start to lose quality leaving the league handed to RM for many, many years to come. Pretty much it will go from a 2 horse race to 1 horse race.

I suspect Barca will try to hold off on this happening for another 2-3 years, when they can finally be a bit clear out of the monstrous debt they are in...but yes it really does suck for the league. I do wish the mid and lower level clubs could turn in to "shopping clubs", instead of "selling clubs"...(also to point out the owners of those teams are the reason why they are in a bad position in the first place, even if they get more TV money they need to garuntee to handle there finacial backing properly or they will just stay in debt making no difference)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 pm

A thread about a thread not reaching more than 1 page now has 3 pages Suspect

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next