TheRedStag
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
60 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Phil Jones - Page 8 Empty Re: Phil Jones

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:40 pm

He will just become better, I like Smalling more though.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:53 pm

I like Smalling more
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Inb4 Suarez is a cheat.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Smalling :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Great prospect but Carrick is the one you should be hyping.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Been pretty meh, most of this season and performed no better than David Luiz yet David Luiz gets called a midfielder who shouldnt be defending, while Jones is called a top quality CB Lol.

English Media :facepalm:

anyways Smalling is better imo but he is a fantastic talent but he really isnt showing it this season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:23 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Been pretty meh, most of this season and performed no better than David Luiz yet David Luiz gets called a midfielder who shouldnt be defending, while Jones is called a top quality CB Lol.

anyways Smalling is better imo but he is a fantastic talent but he really isnt showing it this season.

Agreed pretty much. But that said not surprising with how much the media love Chelsea.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:30 am

Phil Jones is an athletic beast, he's pretty damn fast and strong.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:49 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Been pretty meh, most of this season and performed no better than David Luiz yet David Luiz gets called a midfielder who shouldnt be defending, while Jones is called a top quality CB Lol.

There's a reason why Luiz has seen the bench at times.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:26 pm

He's starting to get on my nerves tbh. I find myself grrring whenever I see his name on the team sheet at the expense of Rafael.

He is either out of form (for over a month now) or it seems all that hype has gone to his head where he doesn't look like he is trying anymore.

I know there could be reasons for this, the fact he is young and the fact he is playing all over the place by SAF atm. But I feel he needs a rest. He is becoming a liability imo.

Fergie's pet. That's what he is.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 am

Albiceleste wrote:Phil Jones is an athletic beast, he's pretty damn fast and strong.

Yes.He is incredible when it comes about physical abilities but sometimes I believe he has the brain of a monkey.

Surprisingly, Jones played incredibly well with Smalling in defence against West Ham in FA Cup.Even Sir Alex praised them for their performance.

"Jones and Smalling were fantastic, absolutely brilliant," Ferguson told MUTV.

"The two of them were absolutely marvellous and I couldn't be more pleased."

"They have been injured for a while and needed games, so today would only help them."
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 am

he's ok...i think he can be a lot better though...
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 pm

he's quality, people are judging him on his form last season where he got burnt out towards the end. he is only young, if we can keep him fresh he will show the form he did at the start of last year.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Layquelme Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 pm

He's good. I think he needs to nail down a position soon enough, its good that he can be a utility player but I feel he needs to cement a position and work on it.

Layquelme
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am

vladdy wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Phil Jones is an athletic beast, he's pretty damn fast and strong.

Yes.He is incredible when it comes about physical abilities but sometimes I believe he has the brain of a monkey.

Surprisingly, Jones played incredibly well with Smalling in defence against West Ham in FA Cup.Even Sir Alex praised them for their performance.

"Jones and Smalling were fantastic, absolutely brilliant," Ferguson told MUTV.

"The two of them were absolutely marvellous and I couldn't be more pleased."

"They have been injured for a while and needed games, so today would only help them."
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 am

Another great performance for Phil Jones, this time as a central defending midfielder against Tottenham away.He is one of the fastest players at Manchester United.

Even if we didn't win the game, he defended well and stopped Tottenham to score more goals.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Jones: We are fully focused

Phil Jones insists Manchester United will not get carried away by the advantage over Manchester City at the Barclays Premier League summit, insisting it's vital the players stay fully focused.

Jones was one of the Reds' star performers in Sunday's trip to Tottenham which ultimately ended in disappointment after a last-gasp Clint Dempsey leveller. The 1-1 draw still keeps United five points ahead of City, but Jones says there is no room for complacency.

"Confidence is high but we know we still have to produce and do our job every time we step out there," he told ManUtd.com. "As long as we're focused on what we've got to do and on our game-plan hopefully we'll be okay.

"This period is always tough with a lot of games in a short space of time, but now we're getting towards the nitty gritty part of the season. It's the time when you need to be fully aware of what you've got to do and make sure you do it. We all relish the challenge - everyone is very focused and committed and we're ready for the next game."

United’s next challenge comes in the FA Cup on Saturday with Fulham, and most notably former Reds striker Dimitar Berbatov, in town for the Old Trafford tie. "The FA Cup is a great competition and one we want to win," declared Jones. "It's a competition I've always admired and we want to go as far as we can. It'll be great to see Berba again. Technically he's a fantastic player. Hopefully we can get the result we want and continue to progress in the competition."

Source: ManUTD.com
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Jones prefers back four

Phil Jones has grown in maturity in 18 months at United and has looked more confident and commanding in his favoured centre-half role this season. But while he is happy for Sir Alex to utilise his versatility, he hopes it won’t detract from his true calling at the heart of the Reds’ defence.

Phil Jones - Page 8 BDEF78975D11417DB7B36FAD8C83E36B

Jones was excellent in a central defensive position alongside Chris Smalling against Fulham in the 4-1 FA Cup fourth round win on Saturday, and yet he also stood out in a typically rampaging midfield role against Tottenham in the league.

The 20-year-old knows which position he prefers, saying: “I have said all along that [centre-back] is where I feel most comfortable. I understand and read the game better there. But wherever I am asked to play I will play there.”

Asked if promising midfield displays might prove detrimental to those long-term aims, he joked: “Yes, I kind of shoot myself in the foot a bit. But I am at Manchester United and I love playing for this club and I am happy to play anywhere.”

Few clubs in world football can rival United’s broad range of talents in that position; with the experience and wily knowhow of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, the consistency of Jonny Evans and the burgeoning promise of Smalling and Jones. That is precisely why Jones will take minutes when and where he can get them.

“I didn’t have a great start to the season but hopefully I can push my way into the side now and get some games under my belt,” he told PA Sport ahead of Wednesday’s Barclays Premier League clash with Southampton. “They are a good team irrespective of whether they have got a new manager or not. They have got some good players in the squad. We will have to be wary of that.”

United are challenging for three trophies heading into the crucial last four months of the season and Jones says that Sir Alex is encouraging his players to aim for a triple triumph. “Definitely,” Phil says, “that is what the gaffer said to us before the [Fulham] game and that is exactly what we are going out to achieve.”

Jones, however, isn't getting waylaid by the idea, adding: “The Treble is too far in the distance. We have to concentrate on the games coming up. We have a tough game on Wednesday against Southampton and that won’t be easy.

“We have to focus on what is in front of us now. We have lots of games coming up. There are a lot of tricky games and it is a tough period but we know if we have everyone fit then with the big squad we have we will be fine. We have a good team here and a solid foundation. You can see that on the pitch with all the lads and in training. It is a laugh but we are focused and are really gelling.”

Source: ManUTD.com
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Manchester United defensive boost as Phil Jones returns to action for Premier League clash against Everton
England international Phil Jones has recovered from a hamstring injury and is back in first-team training ahead of Manchester United's game against Everton on Sunday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11127883/Manchester-United-defensive-boost-as-Phil-Jones-returns-to-action-for-Premier-League-clash-against-Everton.html

Great news is if true.

Also a little bit on Wilson, in the article.

Spoiler:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 pm

ecstatic when I saw that, McNair was good vs West Ham but a more threatening attacking side like Everton could see him exposed.

and Wilson will likely see more game time as the season goes on, RVP and Falcao can't play full 90 every week....and injuries are always a possibility
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 pm

His last ditch tackling>>>>

Just needs to work on his positioning and keeping fit.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Injured again.

And I think it's more to do with the fact that he is a brainless numb skull who goes flying into tackles in training.

Close to giving up on him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:19 pm

dont know how much truth is there in it, thing is I heard he will be out for up to 3 MONTHS!!!. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Only relief being its not official yet. So Hope its utter bs.

God forbid if its true then we are effed seriously. Offload this nutter asap in the next window itself, he is simply a waste of club's resources.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:37 pm

apparently it's due to shin splints which is a common injury for runners.

it is definitely not a 3 month injury
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8