Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
SaintJoe
Kaladin
21 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:40 pm

I liked sunleth waterscape hmm

listened to it in this for the first time in years

FFXV has an amazing soundtrack..but too few songs. Only remember 3-5

Somnus & Apocalyptis Noctis are in my top 5 videogame songs

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Firenze wrote:I liked sunleth waterscape hmm

listened to it in this for the first time in years

FFXV has an amazing soundtrack..but too few songs. Only remember 3-5

Somnus & Apocalyptis Noctis are in my top 5 videogame songs

Yea been smashing sunleth waterscape on repeat along with blinded by light lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:48 pm

Couldn't play for a couple of days, will get back on it tomorrow night. Need to finish the story asap.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Firenze wrote:I did about 60% of hunts. Did every sidequest though except a few post game which I need to finish up. Honestly I recommend not doing them all before you finish the game, you end up too overpowered, think the sweet spot to finish the story is 40-50.

Im around the 40s I think, chapter 14. Its been a good level. A bit high for the chapters 10-12, but now its good.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:05 pm

guy who voices Ardyn voiced Reinhardt in Overwatch too? never would have guessed

unreal talent, love him as ardyn
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 pm

These quests are never ending ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:23 pm

I felt like that, surprisingly I enjoyed them despite 90% being fetch quests and they all eventually end

only ones I'd bother doing are the ones for legit NPC's, of which there are not that many..about 4 and they appear in different locations, Dave, Sania and Navyth and Holly should have met them all

Last edited by Firenze on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:25 pm

this song though ffs

don't consider it a spoiler since 90% of the OST was leaked months to years in advance for this game

it's the song that plays during astral battles I think
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:28 pm

I enjoy doing the quests as well since I can level up survival but  I didn't expect so many of them. Plus the random ones you get when some pleb wrecks his car and asks you to get him a repair kit ffs.

I think if I get gladio to level 9 survival, I will rush the story.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:29 pm

those are GOAT and you should be smashing them for the trophy, probably did about 8 of those, I kept 10 repair kits on me so I could do it instantly whenever I came across them
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:52 pm

wtf is up with the difficulty of chapter 14??

killed a couple of insane mobs at the beggining of the chapter then I realized I was supposed to skip that. OK. Now on the "second" part of the chapter I run into a lvl 70+ monster who I end up running away from (Im 45) only to run into 2 Nagaranis, each level 40+.

Just beat them but it took so many items and magic...
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Just spent all my items killing the behemoth king
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 pm

That scene between Noct and Prompto was good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:16 pm

it's optional too iirc so a lot of ppl don't see it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Beat the story Molenation

Spoiler:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:23 pm

I agree with you in a lot of things about the game but I'm more generous with my ratings as I'm a fan of the whole thing. @Firenze

First of all, fantastic game. Hadn't felt like this playing a game in a long time. I don't try top pick apart games too much as I play for the experiences, as an experience this was just outstanding for me. Been a long time since I put 50 hours in just over a week to a game. I will be thinking about this game for a long time still, and now the postgame starts! The postgame is one of my favorite things about final fantasy, this looks like it will measure up well.

Music 10/10
Best thing in the game. This is probably the best soundtrack in the series, just amazing. Don't have a favorite track, too many good ones. From the epicness at the end of chapter 13 to the guitar plucks of chapter 14. Hellfire (the song from the second to last boss) is just waaaaaaaaaay too good. Then the final boss battle (Magna Imsomnia) :bow: . Stand By Me was done great. Prologue of course and so many more.

Visuals 10/10
I say visuals and not graphics since I'm talking about the design of everything, not the polygon count or whatever. Game is beautiful and Eos felt like a real place. Altissia, Lestallum, Duscae, Leide, Imsomnia, a certain thing in chapter 14, all were great to look at. Special mention goes to the Astrals and the scenes involving them, the scale and the motions were very memorable. God of War mixed with final fantasy there.

Narrative 8/10
This is the low point of the game which is a real shame. Its kind of split in two for me: the characters and everything around them, and the story itself.

Everything to do with the main party was excellent, I was expecting to be disappointed since they all looked to "normal" to me and I like some extravagance in my RPGs. But this shone more than anything else in the game (except for the music). The scenes towards the end are just great. Its hard for a game to build that kind of relationship with player and the party, they weren't just cool avatars you play with but felt a lot deeper and more connected than that. And the ending is just... Proud

The story itself was weaker. The first part kind of felt like a Souls game in that they establish this badass setting but then it doesn't really evolve much from there. Then it all picks up VERY fast and its really fun but you are left with the feeling that it could have been even better. Like it needed one final push to make it truly great. On the other hand we are left with a number of great setups that pass by a little too quickly to only focus on the main story. The last couple of chapters pull the whole weight of the story.

Gameplay 9/10
You all know it so I won't elaborate. It could change to 8 or 10 depending on the postgame content. If its GOAT now I'll give it a 10, but probably sticking with 9. Lets see these famous dungeons. Loved the fighting, the exploring, the astral fights, the dungeons, etc.

tl dr: great gameplay, unbeatable music, epic story potential but weak execution, the characters (good and evil) pull through to make it a great experience.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:27 pm

I'm all hyped at the moment Laughing but this is probably the best boss fight music in the series or just video games in general that I have heard.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Just been to Lestallum and :bow: :bow: :bow: This is like an old FF town modernised ffs.

Is it me or that cut scene between Iris and the lads was really weird? Like incoherent and jumpy.

Also Iris needs to stop tapping Noctis.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:56 am

glad you enjoyed the game so much after waiting a long time for it Rincon, although I guess not too much was kept from the Versus reveal days besides some of the designs really

And yeah that theme is amazing, entire OST is ridiculously high quality

think I'm gonna play some of the older FF titles that are available on PS4 sometime this month
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:10 am

Will you really play the older ones?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 am

nothing to play after the last guardian so I'll probably play w/e of the ones that are highly regarded on PS4. Don't even know how many I can play besides the HD remaster of the game I got on VITA lol. Gonna get the PS4 version though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:38 am

I am sure they ported ff7 and ff8 to ps4 but they will be outdated for you.

Play FFX remastered, type 0 and wait for FF12 remastered.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:14 am

^FFX remastered is the way to go. Its turn based so you may have have a hard time getting into but its great. All the PS 1 games are on PSN, probably the older ones as well.

@RealGunner is type-0 worth it?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:21 am

Firenze wrote:glad you enjoyed the game so much after waiting a long time for it Rincon, although I guess not too much was kept from the Versus reveal days besides some of the designs really

I did. Whatever Versus XIII was supposed to be went out the window when the game became FFXV. Which is good, let the directors make their vision whichever way.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:25 am

@Firenze

Spoiler:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Spoiler:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next