Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:24 pm

The Black Sheep wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Yeah, so, I'm a little uncomfortable addressing this, but anyway. When Vibe got banned, I needed some time off. This place is struggling for activity anyway and then banning a completely harmless member, I don't know...

Anyway, I'm back, I'll be posting some. But, man, this wonderful place is struggling. We had a League Cup final recently and I see the thread got seven replies in the Liverpool section. Pretty much every club section is dead apart from two or three ones. I know some of you are fine with this level of activity, it suits you, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, I'm going to be using another forum more actively from now. There's just not enough discussion going on here (on the matters that interest me, anyway). I'll be on here some of the time, because when there's life in here this place is still amazing, but it just keeps getting worse. I hope I'm not sounding too dramatic, it's just one man's opinion, but this is an island and the inhabitants are slowly sailing away.

I think the vibe thing was really on vibe himself. Believe me, I definitely feel this place has changed and I don't post as often (this is ranDOM 10). It's not even the activity for my, I just feel like an outsider and don't connect with the members like I used to. I don't think any of my favorite people for banned, but I feel a good chunk left as the forum became more banter oriented. I stick around because this place will always be home - even if I truly feel like The Black Sheep.

Yeah, there is great banter here, but the problem is that not everyone will get excited about it. If it's a football forum, most people will want to talk about football in general, their league and their club. Banter is a bonus. Here there's great banter, but the football discussion is a bit stale.

Anyway, I hate sounding like a complainer. I still enjoy this place. But too often it feels like opening a pizza box and finding only half a pizza inside. And I'm not on a diet. RedO told I'm beautiful like this. And once the xxxl Ter Stegen shirt arrives, I'm sure RWO will finally tell that, too.

RealGunner wrote:Good to see you back Thumbs up

now get to TWD thread pls

I will, I will.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Just some days ago I clicked Art Morte on members because I felt you hadn't written for a while .. then I've realized my sensation was right and I 've read the reason. Art easily one of best posters so it'd be great if you stay. About Vibe, you said everything , I don't need to add other. I was really annoyed not just because he was a nice poster, but also because he is interista, and he contribued to keep alive our section , now it looks like if I talk alone.. But okay...
Basically we're going to lose posters , not a good thing. I was sorry also when Sepi left, for example.
Probably Gil isn't encouraged to write after this crap season from his club, and I can understand it why I know these sensations , but anyway it is another great lack .
" GL is dying" is always been a leit motiv, but I've always believed it was unmotivated tBH. I saw alwayes a good / normal activity. Probably I wrote it also some posts ago ..
A week ago instead, when I 've written a post in afternoon, I've noticed , logging in the evening, it was still one of last posts. It Never was happened in past since I am on GL. So for the first time , I fear it is true , and the matter can't be ignored.
Anyway I agree with M99 when he says " t I think rather than sailing away to another forum we need to try our best to revive it in some way if we have the time to do so. " .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:37 pm

tbf it's the league cup though
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Art, regarding the Vibe ban I' sure you read the related thread 'Good bye sweet prince'.

Didn't sound like the idea to ban him was anything the mods had in mind nor wanted to do.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:39 pm

If Art thinks I would happily ban/let someone ban one of my closest friends then i really don't know what else i can say.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Pls respond Art
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 pm

I think it's hard to find a middle ground between good banter and quality football talk. It's not motivating when you invest time into a long post and a majority of the posts are emojis and one liners.

I felt myself disconnecting when the intellectuals (in my opinion) stopped posting as much. I think there was a time when the forum struggled with identity. I still lurk but don't find myself getting intrigued by many threads enough to follow.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by stale football talk? Like what is it that you once enjoyed here (as far as quality football discussion) that you find has gone missing? Just curious to know so I have more insight.

I think we have a strong enough core/foundation that will always keep us in the game. I love the admins and mood ( granted I connect better with some - but it's awesome that they're all pretty reachable).

I hate to keep bringing up Vibe, but it takes a lot to get banned here. I think you guys should be more angry with him as opposed to taking it out on those who help run this place. I was only a mod for a limited time and even that showed me how difficult it can be. I think there should be a mutual respect - especially since this forum is pretty transparent with decision making (which wasn't the case on most other forums I've visited).

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Even the off topic section is a getting a little less populated ( though still enough to be fun) so i do agree Art.

Thing is what do you propose to do about it Laughing I'm really struggling to see how you can change it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Well, we all know RG is a moody bitch only kept in check by RWO and Giroud

I'm not overly bothered about the Vibe thing. It was just a somber spotlight on what I'm bothered about; GL's overall activity. Seeing a good member get banned didn't sit right with me. But one member is just one member. I had been toying with the idea of sleeping elsewhere for more action and the Vibe thing just tripped me over to a strange bed. It's been weird and cold and not kinky enough, but there was action.

I will try and post here as well, but I'm sure everyone here realizes that this place's activity is a bit like England's coefficient points.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:03 pm

What about merging another less-off forum on here or something
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:Well, we all know RG is a moody bitch only kept in check by RWO and Giroud

I will try and post here as well, but I'm sure everyone here realizes that this place's activity is a bit like England's coefficient points.

We need to pay off the best around to come and join us hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 pm

If you want people to post "intellectual" posts then you have to appreciate them, that's what the like button is for. Some poor bastard writes half page about Sacchi's Milan and gets overlooked while some random guy makes some generic joke and gets 3 or 4 likes. Am not saying banter is bad but next time the same poor bastard will think twice before writing long intellectual posts. Demand creates supply.
As for forums activity, it's definitely slowed down no doubt about it. Doesn't bother me though, this is the only forum I visit and it's not going change in future. So I don't care who stays or who leaves or who comes new. I will be the last one to leave it along with RWO that's for sure.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Okay. From now on I will make some serious posts from time to time when I log in on GL. You've asked for it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:22 pm

I'll just respond with something about Britannia stadium era adjusted stats and you'll come running back into Banter's arms.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Disagree. If I write a long post, it's be nice to get a decent response. Even if that person doesn't agree, I welcome a good, open minded conversation. If I spent 30 minutes writing something, a simple mouse click won't make inclined to keep writing well thought out messages.

Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:30 pm

futbol wrote:Okay. From now on I will make some serious posts from time to time when I log in on GL. You've asked for it.

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 11 9k=

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Anyway, I can't believe banter would make people stay away from this place. Problem is, if you are a fan of a specific football club you google "*name of the football club* forum" and the first place you are directed to is Redcafe, Shed End, RAWK, Arsenal Mania, Juventuz, Milan Forum, Bayern Zone etc. It's not that easy to find this forum (rofl) in the first place and once you do, you might not want to stay if there isn't enough activity in the section of the club you support.

Most "general" football forums with different club sections are like that. BigSoccer only really has an active Real Madrid community and that's mostly because Mehdrid for some strange reason don't have an English speaking, dedicated forum for themselves.

Maybe GL could rename itself to "Real Madrid Forum" and pretend to be the first English speaking, dedicated Real Madrid forum to lure new Mehdridistas. We could all change our club badges to the Real Madrid logo and have "Hala Madrid" as our signatures. Then, after 6 months or so, we can reveal our true colours for the ultimate deceivage ... deceiveness ... decei ... yeah, whatever, you get what I'm talking about.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:31 pm

^

If you haven't noticed, that wasn't one of the promised serious posts yet.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 11 Raw
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Well having to write thousands of words for assignments and essays for Uni doesn't really much motivate you to write a long piece on the internet as well.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:39 pm

futbol wrote:Anyway, I can't believe banter would make people stay away from this place. Problem is, if you are a fan of a specific football club you google "*name of the football club* forum" and the first place you are directed to is Redcafe, Shed End, RAWK, Arsenal Mania, Juventuz, Milan Forum, Bayern Zone etc. It's not that easy to find this forum (rofl) in the first place and once you do, you might not want to stay if there isn't enough activity in the section of the club you support.

Most "general" football forums with different club sections are like that. BigSoccer only really has an active Real Madrid community and that's mostly because Mehdrid for some strange reason don't have an English speaking, dedicated forum for themselves.

Maybe GL could rename itself to "Real Madrid Forum" and pretend to be the first English speaking, dedicated Real Madrid forum to lure new Mehdridistas. We could all change our club badges to the Real Madrid logo and have "Hala Madrid" as our signatures. Then, after 6 months or so, we can reveal our true colours for the ultimate deceivage ... deceiveness ... decei ... yeah, whatever, you get what I'm talking about.

Actually not a bad idea.

The plan would fail when Mole's Barca bias shows after 3 hours after initiation.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:39 pm

it's "deception"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:it's "deception"

That's what your mom said when she gave birth to you and the nurse asked what the name is. Now STFU.

Spoiler:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:46 pm

What amazes me is new people come, introduce themselves, post 1 or 2 posts and never ever return rofl we are like Gyms of Internet forums

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Fantastic discussion in the last few pages. I've been pondering a lot of the stuff mentioned by Dom, Art, and the rest of you about activity, banter, and posting quality.

Inactivity is one of the main reasons I'm personally dissuaded from posting a lot. Either I feel the posts won't be read or there's no discussion to be had so it feels like a waste of time writing out posts.

In terms of quality of posts, I agree with Lucifer (no idea which former poster this is, Linetty?) When someone posts a quality long post, there's usually a banter post right after that will receive more attention and praise so again it discourages future attempts at quality discussion.

Btw, welcome back Morty.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:47 pm

We had a good amount of guys who would try (Arq, Dani, amongst others). In my opinion there was a time when the forum decided to be less disciplined and people went to town. There's nothing wrong with banter, but I think there's also a time and a place. It's a hard balance to find. But I think people get turned off when they're trying to have a conversation and a majority of posters come across as trolls. Again, I can only speak for myself.

Years ago I feel like Barcelona section was awesome and so was the Milan section. Then everything in general section became Ronaldo vs Messi. My memory isn't the best, but I stopped posting because I felt like there was no conversation going on. I actually used to frequent the Barcelona section a lot back in the day, but I was told some new posters kind of spoiled it.

The thing is one great poster can't make or break a forum, but it only take a handful of trolls to rock the boat.

I almost called myself the thread killer because it seemed whenever I posted, that thread became inactive. I used to live for the hub and looked forward to posting my thoughts or creating threads.

Last edited by The Black Sheep on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next