RealGunner
Rebaño Sagrado
Donuts
DeletedUser#1
RED
39 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool" - Page 3 Empty Re: Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool"

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sterling was pushed into making that calamitous TV appearance by Liverpool people publicly talking how he rejected that 'amazing' contract offer, thereby throwing him under the bus with fans.
Now you got club legend Carragher publicly saying he needs to "shut up". Way to go.

In his interview he said he would've signed a new contract last summer without hesitation.
Now he doesn't want anymore.

So you have to ask yourself, why is that?

Well, it is because the season made clear Liverpool's ambitions are not as big as his.
Whether he's getting ahead of himself, as Pool fans are now convinced, remanis to be seen.

I for one think a City move makes sense for him.
They need a player like him, but unlike at Liverpool this last year he won't be required to be the top performer at age 20, while not getting the corresponding money.

Also one thing is clear, at City he won't have to deal with fans and officials sanctimoniously labeling him a money-grabber and using the 'it's an honour to play for a club with this history' argument to keep their most promising youngster disciplined lol.

You don't half talk some Crap hans. Not often you see a German spend all his time talking Crap. Most Germans I know are either putting towns on sunbeds. Or invading Poland. but not you. scratch

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool" - Page 3 Empty Re: Sterling: "I want to leave Liverpool"

Post by Kaladin Tue May 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Wasn't he supposedly the best 19 year old in Europe? Surely Pool can afford a measly 70k p/w hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 4:06 pm

its funny how sterling was nothing more than a over rated kid before this contract stuff came out. now he looks set to leave Liverpool he is heading for world class stardom. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 4:08 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Wasn't he supposedly the best 19 year old in Europe? Surely Pool can afford a measly 70k p/w hmm
the kid is being greedy. and he is not as good as he thinks. if it were upto me. I would sell him next week. fook me Liverpool have sold 10 times better players than sterling.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 19, 2015 4:19 pm

MR BOND wrote:its funny how sterling was nothing more than a over rated kid before this contract stuff came out. now he looks set to leave Liverpool he is heading for world class stardom. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, if you look at Liverpool fans opinion on here, it's the EXACTLY THE OTHER WAY ROUND lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
MR BOND wrote:its funny how sterling was nothing more than a over rated kid before this contract stuff came out. now he looks set to leave Liverpool he is heading for world class stardom. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, if you look at Liverpool fans opinion on here, it's the EXACTLY THE OTHER WAY ROUND lol.
no. I don't think so. people trying to make it look like the end of the world for Liverpool if sterling leaves. I cant speek for everyone. but I don't care if he stays or goes. but I do hope if he is going to leave that the club sell him now and get as much as they can for him. Rodgers would be silly to let him leave for nothing in 2 years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 19, 2015 4:31 pm

You can't just keep answering "no" to things that are simply and verifiably true Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Didn't they call him best young player in the world last year? what happened. Mediocre now? Declining at 20. R.I.P Sterling's career.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue May 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Freeza wrote:Didn't they call him best young player in the world last year? what happened. Mediocre now? Declining at 20. R.I.P Sterling's career.

Only Pool fans think hes mediocre now, as far as I'm concerned if he stays injury free he can only get better.

With experience surely he'll get better finishing / end product.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 19, 2015 4:52 pm

He's Theo Walcott with worse finishing... So you may end up with a Theo Walcott clone if he gets his finishing to get better.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Freeza wrote:Didn't they call him best young player in the world last year? what happened. Mediocre now? Declining at 20. R.I.P Sterling's career.

Only Pool fans think hes mediocre now, as far as I'm concerned if he stays injury free he can only get better. I don't think he's mediocre. I think he is a good player. But not that good where I'm bothered if he leaves. And I don't think we should be paying him silly money to stay.

With experience surely he'll get better finishing / end product.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue May 19, 2015 5:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's Theo Walcott with worse finishing... So you may end up with a Theo Walcott clone if he gets his finishing to get better.

He's better in tight spaces and diagonal movement then Theo imo.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 7:47 pm

Can't fault his ambition.

He knows Liverpool aren't going to compete for major honours, and he saw last summer that their pull in the transfer market isn't great.

He believes in his ability, wants to play alongside WC players, under a top manager and compete for the league and play in the CL on a regular basis.

Why should he sign for a club that is going nowhere? He's making the right decision.

Last edited by RED on Tue May 19, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 7:48 pm

RAWK were coveting him as the new Messi last season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 pm

RED wrote:Can't fault his ambition.

He knows Liverpool aren't going to compete for major honours, and he saw last summer that their pull in the transfer market isn't great.

He believes in his ability, wants to play alongside WC players, under a top manager and compete for the league and play in the CL on a regular basis.

Why should he sign for a club that is going nowhere? He's making the right decision.
that's all so why de gea wants to leave. So I take it that's why you know all about it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 19, 2015 8:20 pm

El Cujo wrote:I'll say the same thing as before.

Sterling doesn't have the winning mentality to be a key player in a trophy winning team. He's a talented footballer, but he has his limitations. He will be a good, not great, player wherever he goes, but anyone looking for him to spearhead some title challenging or trophy winning team will be left wanting. He wants to go to a team that can carry him to a trophy, and not rely on him to get there.

I'm fine with him leaving. He'll command a decent enough fee and there are enough players out there that have a better mentality with similar if not better upside. I would not be upset at all to have Milner starting over him next season TBH, if that actually comes to fruition.

The only major club where a 20 year old is expected to "spearhead a title challenge" is Liverpool, I'm sorry to say.

So you got it all backwards.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue May 19, 2015 8:30 pm

When Dortmund won the title how old was Gotze? He was certainly their best player though that squad as a whole was better than Liverpool's. Not to mention I was referring to the future -- he clearly doesn't have that winning mentality and any team buying him will probably expect that from him in the future.

The thing is age is completely irrelevant when you are touting that you want to win trophies, and you think that you're worth 150k or more. If you believe that much in your own talent and think those are the things you deserve should you not be taking more responsibility as a player? There are players on LFC that want to work hard at improving and driving the team to win, and those that want to be passengers. Sterling is a passenger who sulks when he doesn't get his way, and really hasn't proven much of anything except being able to leech off Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho who were in prime form down the stretch last season.

Again, the FA Cup and COC were not out of Liverpool's reach. Sterling came up pretty flat when it mattered in those competitions even with other players playing quite well.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Sterling wins YPOTY for this season in LFC awards

James Pearce @JamesPearceEcho  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
Sterling's speech interrupted by a shout of 'stay Raheem' and then a smattering of boos.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 8m8 minutes ago
Sterling is booed as he collects his award.

LFCTV cut the sound apparently lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Where is Mr. Bond now :bow: Didn't think players got booed in England.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 19, 2015 8:51 pm

LMAO Freeza
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue May 19, 2015 8:56 pm

Freeza wrote:Where is Mr. Bond now :bow: Didn't think players got booed in England.

Well to be fair, it might the one who shouted was booed rather than Sterling.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 8:58 pm

MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:Can't fault his ambition.

that's all so why de gea wants to leave. So I take it that's why you know all about it.

You're so defensive eco smile

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better Thumbs up

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
Freeza wrote:Where is Mr. Bond now :bow: Didn't think players got booed in England.

Well to be fair, it might the one who shouted was booed rather than Sterling.

Doesn't change anything Laughing Booing at someone who wants a player to stay. Hypocrisy Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 9:16 pm

I'm right here miss money penny. If you want to quote me. Then get your facts right. I never once said player's don't get booed in England.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 19, 2015 9:21 pm

MR BOND wrote:
I'm right here miss money penny. If you want to quote me. Then get your facts right. I never once said player's don't get booed in England.

You called Madrid fans piss poor fans for booing a player because he played badly.

Is it any better to boo a player that actually was awarded player of the year?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Support a racist

but boo a kid who wants more money Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next