titosantill
Perucho21
Doc
McAgger
Beautiful Football
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Simeone:I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid Empty Simeone:I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 11 Jun 2015, 05:03

The Atletico boss has intimated that the powers that be in Spain will not allow his side's rivals to go another year without winning the title

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has claimed that it will be "dangerously complicated" for anyone other than Real Madrid to win La Liga next season.

The Rojiblancos won the 2013-14 title, while Barcelona finished top of the Primera Division pile this season before going on to record a remarkable treble.

Madrid, by contrast, have been crowned champions of Spain just once in the past seven years, in 2012 under Jose Mourinho.

However, Simeone believes that Los Blancos are the clear favourites to triumph next season, intimating that external forces will ensure that Real will not go another season without lifting the Liga trophy.

Indeed, when asked how he saw the 2015-16 title race, the Argentine told AS: "Dangerously complicated for any team other than Real Madrid because it can't happen that Real Madrid wins only one league after seven years.

"So, I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid, sadly."

Madrid finished second to Barca in La Liga this season, with the capital club's perceived failure resulting in the firing of Carlo Ancelotti and hiring of Rafael Benitez as his replacement.

I can see this happening, they tried this season as well giving Real Madrid ridiculous number of penalties, too bad for them it was not enough to beat goat MSN.:coffee:

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Simeone:I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid Empty Re: Simeone:I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid

Post by McAgger Thu 11 Jun 2015, 05:17

His reasoning is stupid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Simeone:I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid Empty Re: Simeone:I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid

Post by Doc Thu 11 Jun 2015, 06:12

There is that but on the other end of the stick, maybe Simeone is talking about Real Madrid breaking (and possibly bankrupting) a couple banks to ensure they sign who they need to sign to wrestle the title from Barcelona or his own team.

He did leave it open to interpretation so I guess whichever is more fun.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 06:40

Idiotic reasoning. Poor excuse of a manager. Up there with Mourinho
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 11 Jun 2015, 07:16

i took something different from this, i think he meant our club will be highly motivated and dangerous, whether on the pitch or in the transfer market, nothing more. he is playing mind games, attempting his own form of reverse jinx...i think people are reading too deep into his statement. he is a class manager, who knows how to get the best out of his team, regardless of personnel.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 07:29

This is incredibly tin-foil Hattish.

Nobody is going to help fix the league for them.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 11 Jun 2015, 07:57

Disappointing comments from the man.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 08:52

he is basically giving up it already

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 11 Jun 2015, 09:35

Like Mourinho, Simeone thrives in an underdog us against the world mentality. Its why he will say things like "There are only two real contenders, Madrid and Barca" even after he's won the league.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:15

I like Simeone, he's a fair and logical mind also, he understands what's happening and isn't afraid to voice that. He also does that so that he can't be accused by the Spoanish FA, he's smart also.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:17

Well, it happens once in a while that refs just decide to gift a league to Madrid, as it happened on the 100 points league. Let's see if Madrid breaks their own world record of penalty difference next season.

Last edited by free_cat on Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:13; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:17

I'll be covering here from the Jornada 1 this time.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu 11 Jun 2015, 18:05

Simeone showing his class as usual.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri 12 Jun 2015, 05:04

Benitez winning a league title? Madness !
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sat 13 Jun 2015, 09:25

I realised it 2 seasons ago when they suddenly stopped giving penalties to madrid after they got 10 points ahead of barcelona. Until that madrid had penalty almost every game
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat 13 Jun 2015, 11:18

Cholo had one good season and thinks he can say anything from now on. Maybe he looks like a Colombian miafoso but his team plays like shit and is full of *bleep*.

Atletico games are unwatchable.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:54

Not only Liga race, but also Uefa race.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:55

Feel sorry for Barcelona. First La Liga and now the whole of UEFA against them.

Reminds me of Jesus. The similarities are uncanny.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:44

the funny thing is that Roma was the team that got jobbed . Laughing

Messi clearly commits a foul on Digna before the goal .
Mascherano clearly brought Nainggolan  down in the penalty box .
Suarez should've received a Yellow for his dive AND a second one for the  deliberate challenge that injured the polish goalie whose name i can't spell .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 16 Sep 2015, 23:46

Maybe he should have went out and taken his chances against Barca instead of sitting back with his tail between his legs. Maybe then he wouldn't have to deflect to such garbage.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 00:44

farfan wrote:the funny thing is that Roma was the team that got jobbed . Laughing

Suarez should've received a Yellow for his dive AND a second one for the  deliberate challenge that injured the polish goalie whose name i can't spell .

Hey hey hey, Jiopsi will freak out of he sees this... and then the rest of this thread will consist of stat sheets and Youtube videos of Messi Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:05

Penaldo round this, Refdrid will be getting penalties to Cronalo'd Ballon d'Or vote, and Barcelona will get penalties in a rout to try to hide corruption statistically.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:12

farfan wrote:the funny thing is that Roma was the team that got jobbed . Laughing

Are you kidding me? rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:26

Suarez should've received a Yellow for his dive AND a second one  for the  deliberate challenge that injured the polish goalie whose name i can't spell .
dafaq jst I read Shocked

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat 19 Sep 2015, 12:01

Surprised that you can even read
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next