Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 pm

I used to be all against hoarding talent but since winning La Decima, yeah, I'm all for signing Guedes.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:50 pm

PSG has increased its price to 70 mil for Guedes, which is why Valencia are balking.  25 mil was a while ago.

Basically, PSG have asked a club to grossly overpay or they'd rather keep him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 pm

We don’t need another version of Isco, whether it be Hazard or Guedes.

I remain convinced that the youth signings last summer will pan out. I have been impressed with Vallejo and Ceballos especially while I have mixed feelings re Theo. llorente eeds a burst of confidence (like Vallejo earlier in season), but I do think he has the talent. I’m disappointed thus far with Asensio, but at the same time I’m more than impressed with Isco and Kovacic. Not all of these guys will make it as starters, but overall I feel they give us the talent and depth we can work with.

I don’t mention Mayoral nor Achraf as they were not signings (both promoted by Zidane) as I didn’t then nor now believe they belong on this team.

Our priority needs are as has been expressed many times, is to replace BBC plus some backup scorers. We also need a RB and a GK.

Plus keep in mind, we will not have Zidane’s opinion in any of the signings (nor his selection of playing time)!!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Hazard is not another Isco lol he's much faster and better at beating players, he's been playing on the left consistently for years. There is no better left wing option out there today
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Val, that maybe your opinion, it certainly is not a consensus opinion.

Our need is scorers and Hazard is not that. We may well stay with a 4-4-2 formation. If we do, Isco is that 4th midfielder. Can’t see Hazard in that role over Isco and if it is a 4-3-3, Hazard doesn’t fit the profile of what we need on LW in thst he isn’t a scorer.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Well Hazard has scored 14, 14 and 16 league goals for Chelsea. So he's definitely a scorer... just not a striker. He'd score a ton more than Isco.

But we don't need a better version of Isco really. We need 30-40 goals.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:51 am

We need;
1. A striker to compete with benzema. We know benz turns it on when he's benched. Lazy mentality player
2. A winger not named Lucas to be a squad player and rotate with bale and Ronaldo (I was wrong. Ronaldo is not fit to play CF anymore.. he's an old man), or like sports said, boot Ronaldo out and buy someone like hazard
3. A CB
4. Id wait on hakimi. Give him time. He needs to go on loan, clearly too inexperienced for this level. So we need a new right back
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

@fennec

1. Signing Kane at this point as a lead striker has to be the main objective. Benzema will not stay if that's the case and to me he has lost the right to compete for anything he is just not good enough anymore. Arsenal this way >>

2. Offloading CR is now a priority imo we have to rebuild the attack

3. CB has become a must I agree. Will be expensive but there is a lot of talent around at CB

4. Hakimi will go on loan but we won't wait for him they will sign a stud and Odriozola's name has not gone away. 40mil
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Why is CB a must though ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Why is CB a must though ?

cos varane always gets injured and you have to take into account ramos will most likely get a couple of suspensions
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:@fennec

1. Signing Kane at this point as a lead striker has to be the main objective. Benzema will not stay if that's the case and to me he has lost the right to compete for anything he is just not good enough anymore. Arsenal this way >>

this, that whole modern CF routine and CF's who score are now extinct bull jive has expired. benzema should have lost his chance last season but zidane for whatever reason did him a solid. we need a CF to start and benzema can either sit on the bench or leave.....not a cf to compete with him,(cos the club will just get some average dude) someone to outright start
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 am

Apparently we have around 300 million in cash for the summer mercato. Add players sales we could reach 500 Laughing

Hazard
Salah
Icardi
Mariano

BBC out
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:36 am

Kane >>>>>> Icardi
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

guest7 wrote:Kane >>>>>> Icardi

Probably, but Kane is just too similar to Bale. I just don't ever want to see another overrated british player in madrid.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:11 am

Valkyrja wrote:

Probably, but Kane is just too similar to Bale. I just don't ever want to see another overrated british player in madrid.

Too similar?

Lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am

Kane and Bale have nothing in common except playing at Spurs

and that their last name is four letters, a consonant followed by vowel 'a' followed by a consonant followed by vowel 'e'.

Pretty uncanny now that I think about it
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Kane and Bale have nothing in common except playing at Spurs

and that their last name is four letters, a consonant followed by vowel 'a' followed by a consonant followed by vowel 'e'.

Pretty uncanny now that I think about it

They do infact, both are overhyped Brits, coming from Spurs for a world record. But I guess it's only is that could make Kane the worlds most expensive player, post Neymar Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Please explain what is overhyped about Kane?

Then please find me the players who are averaging 30 goals per season for their clubs, while scoring 20+ in league goals. Then you watch him play and he does a lot more than just scoring.

If you think what he is doing is hype then you don't know what you are talking about.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Please explain what is overhyped about Kane?

Then please find me the players who are averaging 30 goals per season for their clubs, while scoring 20+ in league goals. Then you watch him play and he does a lot more than just scoring.

If you think what he is doing is hype then you don't know what you are talking about.

I think the last part of your post was established long ago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:13 pm

And in what world is he similar to Bale? Lmao. I'd take Kane any day.

But in all honesty- I don't see Zidane as the manager next season, so we should wait until we have someone locked up before we pour 500m in transfers in and kick players out. We have no idea what the tactical or personnel set up will be preferred by the new manager.

If Zidane (by some miracle) wins UCL, and keeps his job for next season (unlikely), I do think Kane, and Salah in would be fantastic signings for his set up.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Agreed Deez. There has been a lot of talk about Hazard, mostly by the guy calling Kane overhyped, but he was (is) a Zidane choice. Better off to have input from the new guy!!

Not only will it be important to have the new coach in place, there also should be making decisions on who should be going before beginning work on the new signings.

For instances it's pretty clear to us at least on GL that BBC should be gone. But what about Marcelo?, what about Ramos? Is it time to part ways with Modric? And of the kids, who should remain, who should go out on loan and should any of them be disgarded?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:39 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Please explain what is overhyped about Kane?

He is a complete striker. I'd love him here. Just because he's British doesn't mean he's a poor player; which is the perception I get from some people here. His techincal ability is very underrated and to be honest is better then benzemas right now
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:41 am

Valkyrja wrote:

And even then, Bale has won us silverware in critical moments and has been a great player for us when fit. Injuries are not a good way to say a player flopped
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:24 am

There is an inclination for anyone apart from EPL fans to be racist against British players. I don’t understand it- a good player is a good player: it doesn’t matter where they are from or what ethnicity they are.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:06 am

Marca's desperate attempts to put Madrid back on the map with the baseless and utterly ridiculous Neymar transfer rumors have gotten to a critical point bordering sadness at this point.

"Yes, let's write about the possibility of buying a player that PSG signed for a quarter of a billion last summer, and whose contract expires in 2022."

Sure, totally makes sense.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:31 pm

well, the problem is that it's not basless DoC, lol

I understand that it might not happen, but it's not a baseless rumours.

1) Perez has openly admitted he likes Nerman and he should come to madrid to become a ballon d'or
2) Perez has said so more than once, and even the night CR won the ballo d'or, that was disrespectful
3)Journalists in france from L'Equipe are starting to report from their sources,  Nerman wants out
4) Jose Felix Diaz at Marca has been reporting Madrid are angling a move for him
5) other reputable journalists like Duncan Castles are reporting the same, madrid want neymar etc...
6) journalist in brazil who was first to announce his deal to PSG, now saying nerman's people talk to madrid every day to broker a deal

Again, not saying it's a given he would come, but i think there is mutual interest. If not, then why is Perez openly talking about Nerman signing for us? he was never that direct last summer with Mbappe for example. It's also a nice distraction for madrid fans with this calamity of a season
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next