SaintJoe
Albiceleste
Magricos
The Madrid One
huntsman
32 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress - Page 6 Empty Re: Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:54 am

Well, Kahn definitely has a strong personality and I totally love how he and Lehmann still have their verbal fights. And despite these constant infights through their carrers, Kahn showed the greatness to shake hands with Lehmann before the penalty shootout in 2006 and wished him luck. What a guy!

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress - Page 6 Empty Re: Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:54 am

izzy26 wrote:You already trolled when you bashed Iker in your OP. I ignored that.

As far as i am concerned, i did not bash casillas, i just stated opinions, my opinions. Now whether you ignore my opinions or not is beyond me. I cant tell you what to and what not to ignore. It's a decision you have to take. But i am still open minded, and i will still take what you say / claim into consideration. Perhaps i did bash casillas, so what? Its not the end of the world. If you want you can also bash kahn or kaka. I dont see any problem with that.

Lesson no 1, izzy. Dont take everything personal, izzy. We are here to learn, and enjoy. Not to get involved with fist fights.

izzy26 wrote:I then asked you, What qualities make Kahn so great?' You igonred. There's no malice here, I'm up for a debate early in the morning. Goes great with my breakfast. :coffee:

I have already answered your question several times. i told you about kahn's best traits. Review the previous pages again. I dont know what you were expecting. An in depth analysis? Bra, i already told you i dont know much about kahn. If you want in depth analysis look somewhere else. But the thing which goes on to bother me is that you already know i dont know in depth analysis about kahn, because i already said so. I posted it there for everyone to read, so why did you ask for it if you already know i dont have the answer you re looking for.

Was your objective to troll me, or spoil the thread for everyone? Or where you just toying with me just to make me look bad infront of the other users? i dont know what was your purpose. But as far as i m concerned, i did answer your question to the best of my knowledge. i gave you the traits. I also provided vids to show those qualities and traits, and even rwo power liked them and she is a real kahn supporter.

What type of indepth analysis are you looking for anyway? I will try and help you with some quick research. Is it for an assignment you need to prepare, perhaps ?

Be specific in your questions if you wan others to help you.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:55 am

Crimson wrote:Yeah I liked Kahn but for me it's between Zoff Peter S and Casillas lol
Ah, Dino Zoff! Yeah, that's another great I truly adore! (But for me he doesn't come before Kahn)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:57 am

Well, Khan had some big game blunders. Roberto carlos weak grounder and WC final comes to my mind.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:04 am

izzy I'll try it Razz

Huntsman I've looked past the whole thread now and haven't really read an answer on what makes Kahn a legend?

Again I'll repeat it in BOLD just to maker sure, What Makes Kahn Great?
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:04 am

Crimson wrote:
xabi wrote:I remember Kahn at the 2002 world cup Germany had a really shitty team then compared to the spain team which probably is one of the best teams ever. And I remember Kahn making save after save after save in that tournament while Iker didnt really have to do much most matches with his spain team playing tiki taka having 80% possession just saying.
17 saves in World Cup 2010 and 6 clean sheets against the likes of Chile, Switzerland, Honduras, Portugal, Paraguay, Germany and Netherlands including a penalty stop in the QF's which was crucial in Spain going through and 2 1v1 saves against Robben in the final to save Spain. Then the countless times he destroyed any run behind the line of defence (see video) he was immense. Maybe not Kahn immense but to to say Iker didn't do much is redic. Compared to Oliver Kahn's amazing display in 2002 it's not too bad. Kahn had 25 saves and 5 clean sheets against the likes of Saudi Arabia, Ireland, Cameroon, Paraguay, USA, South Korea and Brasil
comon now

the only good save Iker had in that tournament was the last shot from Robben the rest were mostly harmless, the video you posted(I watched it fully) is mainly about Iker dealing with longballs.But he saved a penalty I give him that.

Iker was good 2010 but no way he was even close to Kahn in 2002 check out this video and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by xabi on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am

huntsman wrote:As far as i am concerned, i did not bash casillas, i just stated opinions, my opinions. Now whether you ignore my opinions or not is beyond me. I cant tell you what to and what not to ignore. It's a decision you have to take. But i am still open minded, and i will still take what you say / claim into consideration. Perhaps i did bash casillas, so what? Its not the end of the world. If you want you can also bash kahn or kaka. I dont see any problem with that.

Lesson no 1, izzy. Dont take everything personal, izzy. We are here to learn, and enjoy. Not to get involved with fist fights.

I have already answered your question several times. i told you about kahn's best traits. Review the previous pages again. I dont know what you were expecting. An in depth analysis? Bra, i already told you i dont know much about kahn. If you want in depth analysis look somewhere else. But the thing which goes on to bother me is that you already know i dont know in depth analysis about kahn, because i already said so. I posted it there for everyone to read, so why did you ask for it if you already know i dont have the answer you re looking for.

Was your objective to troll me, or spoil the thread for everyone? Or where you just toying with me just to make me look bad infront of the other users? i dont know what was your purpose. But as far as i m concerned, i did answer your question to the best of my knowledge. i gave you the traits. I also provided vids to show those qualities and traits, and even rwo power liked them and she is a real kahn supporter.

What type of indepth analysis are you looking for anyway? I will try and help you with some quick research. Is it for an assignment you need to prepare, perhaps ?

Be specific in your questions if you wan others to help you.

You posted nothing, even JD knows that. You listed a whole bunch of qualities (Some of them don't even describe Kahn) that all GKs need. I specifiaclly asked about Kahns qualities and you ignored.

Why mention Iker in the OP if this is a aprreciation thread? Why bring him up? That's trolling.

I'm not going to bother as the answers are already presented and you can now cop out and say, 'yeah I agree.'

How you are not banned, i don't know but I do know that JD's patience is running out fast.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 am

But Khan floped in World cup final Sad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am

Adit wrote:But Khan floped in World cup final Sad

Ah, come on. The guy was a beast and you know it. He got Germany there, too bad his one slip was on the biggest stage of them all.

Kahn you legend. Sad
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 am

izzy26 wrote:
Adit wrote:But Khan floped in World cup final Sad

Ah, come on. The guy was a beast and you know it. He got Germany there, too bad his one slip was on the biggest stage of them all.

Kahn you legend. Sad
who cares,i was a Brazil supporter in 2002 banana
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 am

Adit wrote:who cares,i was a Brazil supporter in 2002 banana

Oh, please. Nigeria FTW. banana Didn't even make it out of the groups. :king:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:36 am

Eh! This is about Kahn, not a Brazil or Nigeria appreciation thread! Go to the corner and feel embarassed!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:38 am

rwo power wrote:Eh! This is about Kahn, not a Brazil or Nigeria appreciation thread! Go to the corner and feel embarassed!

actually kahn is just being used as an excuse by huntsman to troll iker so this is better..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:39 am

rwo power wrote:Eh! This is about Kahn, not a Brazil or Nigeria appreciation thread! Go to the corner and feel embarassed!

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress - Page 6 Go_sit_corner_dumbass

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:45 am

Bundesliga clean sheet streaks:

1. Timo Hildebrand, VfB Stuttgart, 884 Minuten, Saison 2002/03, 2003/04
2. Oliver Kahn, Bayern München, 802, 2002/03
3. Oliver Kahn, Bayern München, 736, 1998/99
4. Manuel Neuer, Bayern München, 658, 2011/12
5. Frank Rost, Schalke 04, 647, 2003/04
6. Oliver Reck, Werder Bremen, 641, 1987/88
7. Tim Wiese, Werder Bremen, 619, 2009/10
8. Uli Stein, Hamburger SV, 603, 1985/86
9. Jens Lehmann, Schalke 04, 601, 1996/97

(Pity Timo Hildebrand ruined that for Kahn -_-)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

rwo power wrote:Bundesliga clean sheet streaks:

1. Timo Hildebrand, VfB Stuttgart, 884 Minuten, Saison 2002/03, 2003/04
2. Oliver Kahn, Bayern München, 802, 2002/03
3. Oliver Kahn, Bayern München, 736, 1998/99
4. Manuel Neuer, Bayern München, 658, 2011/12
5. Frank Rost, Schalke 04, 647, 2003/04
6. Oliver Reck, Werder Bremen, 641, 1987/88
7. Tim Wiese, Werder Bremen, 619, 2009/10
8. Uli Stein, Hamburger SV, 603, 1985/86
9. Jens Lehmann, Schalke 04, 601, 1996/97

(Pity Timo Hildebrand ruined that for Kahn -_-)

how many clean sheets streaks would kahn have with the haphazard ever- changing shoddy defense pre mourinho madrid had all these years though
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:03 am

now this person was fortress is :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lev_Yashin
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:06 am

DeviAngel wrote:now this person was fortress is :

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:08 am

its a crime most of us never got to see him Sad
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:55 am

Not if madrid fans are posting in it. You have izzy, crimson, and diptiman who now thinks for me. He reads me like an open book, and knows my next move like the back of his hand.

rwopower, you steer this thread the way you want. I give you my blessing.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:06 pm

huntsman wrote:Not if madrid fans are posting in it. You have izzy, crimson, and diptiman who now thinks for me. He reads me like an open book, and knows my next move like the back of his hand.

rwopower, you steer this thread the way you want. I give you my blessing.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww, why are you still here?

Is it because you finally want to answer my question?

or

Are you trying to save face?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:10 pm

neither. I am here to post and have proper decent conversations with users who behave like adults like myself.

Your 15 mins of fame are over and so is your morning breakfast. Get out of my thread if you're going to continue trolling or post like proper users.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:14 pm

huntsman wrote:neither. I am here to post and have proper decent conversations with users who behave like adults like myself.

Your 15 mins of fame are over and so is your morning breakfast. Get out of my thread if you're going to continue trolling or post like proper users.

Yeah sure you are. Is this why you have been ducking and diving the questions I have been asking you like Bush on the Iraq war?

Get over yourself, you were even asked by a Mod to answer the question and you ran away.

Yawn, your getting boring huntsy, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG. Sleep
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 pm

hmm, the black spider. i am checking him now on youtube. I dont think anyone will mind me checking only vids on him unless we have someone who actually have seen him play live.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Absolutely! Another of my heroes, even though I never had the fortune to see anything of him live. *snif*

BTW, you might want to have a look into just another of my heroes, too: Sepp Maier, the cat from Anzing <3
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:29 pm

rwo power wrote:
Absolutely! Another of my heroes, even though I never had the fortune to see anything of him live. *snif*

BTW, you might want to have a look into just another of my heroes, too: Sepp Maier, the cat from Anzing <3

Any vids you recommend?

Here's another good one on kahn. 9 mins Yummy Very Happy

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next