SaintJoe
Albiceleste
Magricos
The Madrid One
huntsman
32 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress Empty Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:02 am

They say the eyes are the window of the soul. Look at those fearless eyes. Just Look at the amount of energy oozing from his eyes and exploited in massive levels of concentration and meditation at the same time. Look at the one on ones, the speed of his reactions, his attitude on the pitch and his leadership skills. Look at his relationship with the ball and how he treats her when she's resting on his gloves.

Now look at all the above and the vid below and then look me in the eyes and tell me you seriously think iker can best that.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress Empty Re: Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress

Post by The Madrid One Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:14 am

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress Empty Re: Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:23 am

You didn't even watch him play....smh :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 am

TMO, if that's the best blunder you can find for kahn, then you fail.
First of all, kahn conceded against the second best player in the last century; after maradona.

Second of all, he is not fully accountable for that goal, the defense is also to blaim.

Third, you do know that Kahn during the 2002 world cup was nominated for best player in a world cup, do you? and he lost by a small margin to ronaldo, still he was second to the mvp and no goalkeeper had ever been able to achieve this before.

Germany was a weak side back then as well.

Hey, can you make a kaka video and use tron legacy son of flynn as back ground music? That would be nice if you can.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:27 am

Crimson wrote:You didn't even watch him play....smh :facepalm:

And what does that have to do with any of our discussions? There are many things which i practice in my everyday life which i was not present back then when they were invented.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:29 am

Khan was the best player at WC 02.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:30 am

Magricos wrote: Khan was the best player at WC 02.

I thought he was the second only to ronaldo?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 am

Only GK to win the golden ball R9 won it in 98.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:34 am

For any Ronaldo vs Kahn video you can find you can find 5 more Messi vs Casillas videos... just saying. Not trying to compare Messi and R9 just Kahn and Casillas Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:38 am

You're honestly a fool hunts. You're just like me, except quite delusional. I've been watching football seriously for about 7-8 years now, not much longer than you. But the difference is I actually know not to speak about things I don't know much about. Try learning from the people on this forum, there are many brilliant football minds in here. I can honestly say many of these posters have helped me improve my football knowledge and I'm grateful for that.

huntsman wrote:And what does that have to do with any of our discussions? There are many things which i practice in my everyday life which i was not present back then when they were invented.

This has nothing to do with what Crimson said. You didn't watch Kahn play, ergo you can't have an honest "true" opinion on him. You can decide to believe what you want from the youtube videos you have watch and or the few matches you were able to watch. I don't know how much research you've done, so I won't act as if I know everything about you.

You probably don't care and I know this post is most likely a waste of time. But I'm hoping that's not the case.

Are you one of those people that looks at a box score and says player x was terrible and player y was amazing?

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:41 am

Lionel Messi wrote:For any Ronaldo vs Kahn video you can find you can find 5 more Messi vs Casillas videos... just saying. Not trying to compare Messi and R9 just Kahn and Casillas Very Happy

You know, you don't have to bring Messi into every single thread.

I still remember watching WC 02, Khan :bow:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:41 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:You're honestly a fool hunts. You're just like me, except quite delusional. I've been watching football seriously for about 7-8 years now, not much longer than you. But the difference is I actually know not to speak about things I don't know much about. Try learning from the people on this forum, there are many brilliant football minds in here. I can honestly say many of these posters have helped me improve my football knowledge and I'm grateful for that.

huntsman wrote:And what does that have to do with any of our discussions? There are many things which i practice in my everyday life which i was not present back then when they were invented.

This has nothing to do with what Crimson said. You didn't watch Kahn play, ergo you can't have an honest "true" opinion on him. You can decide to believe what you want from the youtube videos you have watch and or the few matches you were able to watch. I don't know how much research you've done, so I won't act as if I know everything about you.

You probably don't care and I know this post is most likely a waste of time. But I'm hoping that's not the case.

Are you one of those people that looks at a box score and says player x was terrible and player y was amazing?

What does that have anything to do with our discussion? I dont have to watch any player live or during his time to form an opinion about him. you can download old games, documentary, read wiki, chat with older people.

You cant devoid my posts from any credibilty simply by saying you werent there, you havent seen. That's just so wrong.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:43 am

Lionel Messi wrote:For any Ronaldo vs Kahn video you can find you can find 5 more Messi vs Casillas videos... just saying. Not trying to compare Messi and R9 just Kahn and Casillas Very Happy

LM, who is better, kahn or casillas?

Is casillas really a top 10 gk of the last 20 years, like spencer says?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:44 am

SaintJoe wrote:

SJ, who is better, kahn or casillas?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 am

SaintJoe wrote:

That's why I made a point in comparing Kahn and Casillas, not the players scoring against them. :facepalm: And I don't bring Messi into every thread ffs stop generalizing me with that sh*t all the time its really annoying.

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I don't know how much research you've done, so I won't act as if I know everything about you.

Perhaps you should read my whole post instead of just skimming through it. I'm going to now assume you probably do the same with those old football matches.

P.S. Wiki :lol!: If you're talking to older people, you're essentially just using their own opinion. The only way to actually form an opinion is watching the games, how you be sure those writers think or view things the same way you do?

My post is merely my opinion, not saying it is correct, but at least it's my own. I guess you wouldn't really know about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:48 am

Go watch Khans 02-03 season and tell me he's better than Casillas.....

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:51 am

Crimson wrote:Go watch Khans 02-03 season and tell me he's better than Casillas.....

No one can do worse that that? I can top that for sure.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:54 am

huntsman wrote:

I'm not an expert in knowledge on either keeper to say the least so I really couldn't say.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:56 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
huntsman wrote:

I'm not an expert in knowledge on either keeper to say the least so I really couldn't say.

I will remember that in the future.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:06 am

So Iker has 420+ games for Madrid and you managed to find a clip that lasts 2 minuets and 40 seconds and it only had 10 plays :coffee:

2nd "blunder" was a clear offside.

3rd "blunder" was not a mistake (IMO)

5th "blunder" was bad luck. He came out and won the ball and it took like two deflections.

7th "blunder" was due to terrible defense.

9th "blunder" was a 2v1

So you're telling me 10 so called blunders over the span of 420+ games for Madrid and add on another 124 appearances for Spain make Casillas overrated? I think I'm done here :brickwall:

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:10 am

So you actually believe san iker is better than kahn?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:14 am

Huntsman probably masturbates when he sees all this animosity coming to him Laughing.

He knows how to get to you

HUntsman cheers
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:16 am

huntsman wrote:
Crimson wrote:Go watch Khans 02-03 season and tell me he's better than Casillas.....

No one can do worse that that? I can top that for sure.

Since you didn't watch Khan I'll help you out

Khan was immense great in the 2002 WC as well. But he was known for absolutely losing his brain every now and then. Also known to make worst mistakes than Valdes pre Pep-Age. Anyone remember him scoring a goal with his hand and getting sent off?

One of the best German keepers ever.......

But in no way does he compare to Iker. Casillas is considered to be the best Spanish keeper of all time. The only keeper/captain to ever win the world cup and the European Cup. Won the golden gloves at the World Cup in 2010, made two brilliant 1v1 saves against Robben in the World Cup final to help his team win it and a great penalty stop to help his team get into the final to begin with.

One of only 3 keepers in history to go as long as he did without conceding a single goal in a World Cup and if he plays in 2014 he has a chance to break the record for longest period without conceding at the World Cup Tournament.

Beat out Buffon in a penalty shoot out vs Italy in 08. Not to mention came into the Champions League final in 2002 after an injury to our keeper and pretty much won us the match with some crazy ass saves.

Holds the record as the youngest ever keeper to start in a Champions League final and in that game he had a clean sheet to again help us win (2000).

His save against South Korea in 2002 is considered by FIFA to be one of the top 10 saves of all time.

He is closing in on the all time appearance record for Spain and already hold the clean sheet record at international level.

He has won every single trophy there is to win except for the confeds cup (lol). On top of his 17 club and international trophies in 12 years he has won the IFFHS best keeper award 3 times, the FIFA worlds best keeper 3 times, been on the FIFA world XI 3 times, been on the UEFA team of the year 4 times in a row and to go with his golden glove in 2010 he was on the FIFA world cup all star team.

He has kept out world class keepers Reina and Valdes from the number 1 spot for Spain. I don't need to tell you how good those guys are. Reina was the best keeper in England for a long run and is still considered one of the best and Valdes being the best sweeper-keeper in the world today.

Modern events have seen him keep us in the game and pretty much help us win the Copa del Rey against Barcelona. When we got smashed by Liverpool without Iker it would of been 10 nil + he pulled off some incredible saves, even Liverpool fans agreed he had a huge game. 2-6 against Barcelona same thing again, without Iker it would of been much much worse.

You can ask any non-biased Barcelona fan and they would agree those defeats would of stung alot more had we not had the great Iker between the sticks. Casillas cops alot of flak for conceding more goals than Valdes, but at the end of the day realistically our defence over the years has been woeful, we do not compare to that of Barcelona and Barcelona's possession game also helps their defence. In comparison our defence is shambolic and has been for quite some time. Last year was the first time in years I have seen our defnse that good and we still got torn apart in quite a few games.

All things considered I would not want any other keeper in the world inbetween the sticks of Real Madrid and I hope the day never comes where I see him leave (even though I know it will)

I don't know why I am writing this to an obvious troll who knows nothing about football and is trying to argue that Khan is better than the great San Iker despite never watching Khan play to begin with, but there you have it anyway.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:16 am

You obliviously don't read my posts :brickwall:

I've been watching for 7-8 years(give or take, most likely take. It's currently 2011, meaning I started to watch heavy during 2005-2006. Even if I watched that 2002 World Cup, I was in no position to judge and rate players.

Did you actually watch that video you posted? I'm really beginning to think you seriously just skim through everything and don't bother with details. Why watch the full 90 min when you can fast forward through it all in like 10-15 min, it's basically the same thing.

That being said, I don't like the thought of huntsman touching himself while thinking of me, THC OUT!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next