SaintJoe
Albiceleste
Magricos
The Madrid One
huntsman
32 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress - Page 7 Empty Re: Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:29 pm

rwo power wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:now this person was fortress is :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lev_Yashin
Absolutely! Another of my heroes, even though I never had the fortune to see anything of him live. *snif*

BTW, you might want to have a look into just another of my heroes, too: Sepp Maier, the cat from Anzing <3

Any vids you recommend?

Here's another good one on kahn. 9 mins Yummy Very Happy

huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress - Page 7 Empty Re: Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Well, as I said, I rarely rely on youtube, sorry. I watched Sepp Maier in action still. I'll never forget him trying to catch a duck that flew on the pitch - it was hilarious Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:32 pm

huntsman wrote:
rwo power wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:now this person was fortress is :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lev_Yashin
Absolutely! Another of my heroes, even though I never had the fortune to see anything of him live. *snif*

BTW, you might want to have a look into just another of my heroes, too: Sepp Maier, the cat from Anzing <3

Any vids you recommend?

Here's another good one on kahn. 9 mins Yummy Very Happy

OMG, everyone go to 3:37 now. affraid
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:48 pm

speaking about sharp reflexes at 8:36 he was going for the save with his right hand but then went with his left after the deflection. Excellent save.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:02 pm

BTW huntsman I have a better tip for you, since you are "new" to the football scene I suggest you focus on the newer goal keepers like De Gea and Neuer and maybe you could just ignore Real Madrid since you really dislike its core. I hear Munich or Manchester are great teams to follow [no disrespect to both teams of coarse] Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:19 pm

huntsman wrote:
zarola wrote:Crimson... good random facts but beating buffon in penalties is not a big accomplishment. Dont get me wrong, he does make the occasional spectacular penalty save like vs spain and romania.... but overall buffon is an average guesser which is exactly what penalties are for the most part. Casillas for me is number one on the penalty spot... he gets down low quickly and chooses the right way a lot.

But to the topic itself, I just remember kahn being a scary guy when i was little, i never actually got to see him play at an age id remember well. I dont see the point of this thread? Another "hey rm youre not as good as you think " thread? Get over yourself. Casillas is a great keeper who has been clumsy in the past but hes still a great keeper.

The point of this thread is to glorify the accomplishments of one of the best goal keepers in an era.
That was my main objective. Comparisons with iker are not fair for both goalies because iker is rubbish. That is a fact.

And the reason why iker is fairly good at penalties is because of the fear factor. during penalties, there's a minute of silence, or lets say seconds during which the shooter or penalty taker faces the goalie. The penalty take looks at the goal and feels as if its shrinking whereas the goalie normally thinks its massive, but in iker's case, he's so wetting his pants that he can catch the slightest reactions from the penalty takers. its a moment of paranoia for him and he becomes sensitive to the smallest changes. He can guess better.

Who cares, penalties arent always the make or break. Go see how madrid are being hammered this season and every season because of his stupid blunders and stuttering.

He shouldnt be a goalie, let alone the best.
Real Madrid should start working on obtaining "weed" permit, for Iker. But they better be careful it should be before matching only otherwise he might miss a game someday.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Weed makes you more paranoid.

But if you mean to make him more paranoid then ok i guess lol.

Just saying. albino

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Last edited by baresi on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Yeah kinda figured what you meant hence the edit sorry lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm

huntsman wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:@hunstsman; I though we already talked about the Iker issue.

You did not reply with solid arguments then bro, so don't broadcast that opinion around. Saying the earth is flat 1000000 times would not make it so.

They took down the video i wanted to broadcast. People who know me from goal.com or the early days of goallegacy forums know about my iker the terrible thread.

In that thread i posted a video showing most (not all) of iker's shameful, really really embarrassing blunders. Blunders that neither my grandma or sister do if they were to put on the gloves and the madrid jersey.

Uefa took it down apparently. Before posting the video, it was there on youtube for many years, but it looks like someone who doesnt want to see iker exposed reported it.

Oh and i know every goalie makes blunders, but not 100s, and those made by iker are no ordinary blunders. The tell you alot about the complexion of his character, and what goes on in his brains and his fears. He stutters. He has obvious problems. He lacks confidence. He believes he s not good enough, and that all the success that the spanish media gave him is based on his looks and luck and he worries that his luck will run out.

I would like to keep this thread about Oliver please.
And thats the best way to do so, by not mentioning Oliver not even once.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Kahn > Buffon
Kahn > Casillas
Kahn > van der Saar
Kahn > Valdes
Kahn > Smichael
Kahn > ÄŒech
Kahn > Peruzzi
Kahn > Paglucia
Kahn > Kopke
Kahn > Seamen
Kahn > Reina
Kahn > Cesar
Kahn > Taffarel
Kahn > Canizares
Kahn > Barthez
Kahn > Abbiati
Kahn > Dida

anyday Smile
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:50 pm

I think Izzy's question is quite valid, Huntsman.

The fact that you choose not to answer it, speaks volumes.

It's a well known fact that youtube videos are not indicative of anything when it comes to judging footballers.

If you truly can judge Kahn as a keeper in just youtube vids, then you should be more than capable of answering the question pertaining to his attributes as a player and what makes him ultimately better than Casillas.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I read somewhere that Kahn is related to Genghis, but a large percentage of the population are.

In fact, it is estimated that about .08% of the world's population are direct descendants from Genghis Khan. I read that Kahn ancestor's hail from both Scandnavia and the Russian Tatars who have close blood ties with Genghis, so its entirely possible and would explain a lot him being related to Ghenghis Khan.

.08 out of today's 7 billion population is about 56 million people.
I know its just another typing error but got to point it out since it's all about FACTS.
Either its 0.08% or 0.08 but in all cases it wont be 56million.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 pm

baresi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:I read somewhere that Kahn is related to Genghis, but a large percentage of the population are.

In fact, it is estimated that about .08% of the world's population are direct descendants from Genghis Khan. I read that Kahn ancestor's hail from both Scandnavia and the Russian Tatars who have close blood ties with Genghis, so its entirely possible and would explain a lot him being related to Ghenghis Khan.

I know its just another typing error but got to point it out since it's all about FACTS.

5.6m?

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I dont know, it depends on if he meant 0.08 or 0.08%.
If 0.08 then its 560M if its 0.08% then you are right 5.6M, although I think he meant 0.08% cause 560M is an insanely high figure.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Really like Kahn, amazing keeper. Always though Buffon was better myself, but Kahn was still great. :bow:
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:50 pm

The Madrid One wrote:

So he was beaten by the best player ever and that makes him bad? :facepalm:
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Oliver Kahn, An Impenetrable Fortress - Page 7 Look_a10
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 pm

baresi wrote:

You are right, I meant .8%, which becomes .008 when I want to get the number of people who are related to Genghis.

So its 5.6 Million, which is not as much.

Thank you for pointing that out.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:55 pm

huntsman wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Unless you provide a video that shows a 100 matches during Kahn or Iker, then the video is irrelevant.

For any meaningful data, you would need at least 100 matches to look at a keeper's "character", whether it is is Kahn, Iker, Buffon, or Almunia.

I already explained that for Iker's type, more blunders are normal. However, blunders regardless of how numerous or silly they are do not make or break a GK.

They are small part of the game, and for every blunder he makes a spectacular save and you start posting youtube videos left and right and center.

If you can provide a video that centers in the GK and is in the duration of at least (100)(90) = 9000 minutes, then your argument is based on highlights and are not to be taken seriously.

I understand that few people have the time to invest on actually watching the players, but if you are not investing the time to accurately argue about Iker, don't take the time to claim absolutely ridicilous arguments such as "Casillas is not even RM best GK".

Its not about the quantity of goals he concedes via his famous bloopers. I am sure me and you agree that they are more than a 100. It's actually about the quality.

No goalie i know would make terrible mistakes like the one in the vid below. This is not his 10th time he concedes this way and it wont be the last. This type of error, if you understand the basics of football, you d actually agree with all i have been saying. It's the type of errors iker makes and not the quantity. anyway who are we to fool? iker excels in both, quality and quantity of errors. He's the best in both departments.

First, apparently you do not understand the basics of football, because both Kahn and Buffon made similar errors.
GK experts all around the world put Iker in top 10 list of GK of the last 20 years, and yet you come around with some youtube video and pretend the knowledge you get from it is equal to the knowledge you get from watching the man in action for 9000 minutes.

Youtube videos are not Statically Significant, they are too short for any proper analysis.
If Iker was the best in both departments as you claim, then RM would not have won anything for the duration Iker was between the posts. Since they always had a terrible defense.

You have the opinion that Iker is rubbish, and yet you broadcast it as fact. It is not fact, here is a lesson for you, not everything you believe is fact. Learn to learn. Watching youtube videos making poor judgment on players based on 9 minutes of highlight footage is ridiculous.

The fact that a GK who saves 10 shots and spills the11th is suddenly labeled as crap because that spill was the only thing in highlights is ridicilous.

Yet, I see you refuse to have actual debate regarding the GK and instead post youtube vids. Well, I don't blame you since it became quite obvious that you don't have the knowledge to debate players and all you do is post sensationalist remarks like "I don't think Madrid is ready for Lass", or "Madrid does not deserve to have Kaka playing for them"m or "Cassilas is not even Madrid's best GK".

If you do not respond to these questions we are asking you with proper analysis, and only if:

1- Then admit you are a troll.
2- Then admit you know nothing about football, and cease to post fantasy opinions.

There is not way around it huntsamn, you either contribute with actual analysis, or pick one of the above.

If you don't contribute with actual analysis, we will assume you are both a troll, and one who doesn't know anything about football.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:09 pm

you know huntsman you could always ask iker for videos of his mistakes.. he published them on his offical page anyway to prove mistakes can be made by everyone only recently
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:02 am

diptiman wrote:you know huntsman you could always ask iker for videos of his mistakes.. he published them on his offical page anyway to prove mistakes can be made by everyone only recently

That doesnt make him any more noble. Fact is he made alot of mistakes, alot, and they re not normal mistakes over-rules his noble and sincere actions of him supporting his team-mates. That goal against Rayo was not Lass's fault (alone). It more like Iker / defense fault than it is Lass's.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:18 am

Lord Spencer wrote:First, apparently you do not understand the basics of football, because both Kahn and Buffon made similar errors.

I know and understand very weell the basics of football. I guarantee that i can out-play anyone of you madrid fans in a real match of football. Infact, give me a goalkeeper and one defender / 3 players including me, against a team of 11 and i promise i can beat you with a dozen goals in 15 mins. My point is not to show off my talents but to tell you that you're wrong. I understand the basics of football.

Kahn and Buffon might have made errors, but the amount of errors they made is much less than iker and the quality of errors is different.

Lord Spencer wrote:GK experts all around the world put Iker in top 10 list of GK of the last 20 years, and yet you come around with some youtube video and pretend the knowledge you get from it is equal to the knowledge you get from watching the man in action for 9000 minutes.

Show me a list of what you're claiming. Unless GK experts are wrong, there is no such list.

I didnt pretend that the knowledge i get from watching a couple of youtube vids is equal to that of men watching 9000 minutes, because in many times, my knowledge surpasses it. It's a talent i picked down the road. I can even tell that i know you better than anyone here knows you already.

Lord Spencer wrote:Youtube videos are not Statically Significant, they are too short for any proper analysis.
If Iker was the best in both departments as you claim, then RM would not have won anything for the duration Iker was between the posts. Since they always had a terrible defense.

Everything is significant, the devil is in the details. As someone else mentioned before me, achievments are not everything. Casillas lacks all the defining aspects of a real goalkeeper. I dont want to go to extents of claiming, even I make a better goalie than him given 6 months of training to gain back my form.

Lord Spencer wrote:You have the opinion that Iker is rubbish, and yet you broadcast it as fact. It is not fact, here is a lesson for you, not everything you believe is fact. Learn to learn. Watching youtube videos making poor judgment on players based on 9 minutes of highlight footage is ridiculous.

The fact that a GK who saves 10 shots and spills the11th is suddenly labeled as crap because that spill was the only thing in highlights is ridicilous.

Your stastics are not accurate. And you keep forgetting the most important point i have made about why iker is not a real goalie. It is not the 10 shots (quantity) he saves but rather the quality and frequency of those mistakes.

Lord Spencer wrote:
If you do not respond to these questions we are asking you with proper analysis, and only if:

2- Then admit you know nothing about football, and cease to post fantasy opinions.

There is not way around it huntsamn, you either contribute with actual analysis, or pick one of the above.

If you don't contribute with actual analysis, we will assume you are both a troll, and one who doesn't know anything about football.

No Spencer, if i refused to respond to those questions it means many things, but mainly:

1- I chose to ignore responding to them or i simply dont want to
2- I already responded to them but you werent paying attention
3- The answers i gave did not match your expectations and you re looking for other details in that case you have to be more clear and specific.

If you ask me which one from the above is true, i pick 2. I have already responded to all your questions and queries, you guys just cant see that.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:28 am

huntsman wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:First, apparently you do not understand the basics of football, because both Kahn and Buffon made similar errors.

I know and understand very weell the basics of football. I guarantee that i can out-play anyone of you madrid fans in a real match of football. Infact, give me a goalkeeper and one defender / 3 players including me, against a team of 11 and i promise i can beat you with a dozen goals in 15 mins. My point is not to show off my talents but to tell you that you're wrong. I understand the basics of football.

Kahn and Buffon might have made errors, but the amount of errors they made is much less than iker and the quality of errors is different.

Lord Spencer wrote:GK experts all around the world put Iker in top 10 list of GK of the last 20 years, and yet you come around with some youtube video and pretend the knowledge you get from it is equal to the knowledge you get from watching the man in action for 9000 minutes.

Show me a list of what you're claiming. Unless GK experts are wrong, there is no such list.

I didnt pretend that the knowledge i get from watching a couple of youtube vids is equal to that of men watching 9000 minutes, because in many times, my knowledge surpasses it. It's a talent i picked down the road. I can even tell that i know you better than anyone here knows you already.

Lord Spencer wrote:Youtube videos are not Statically Significant, they are too short for any proper analysis.

Everything is significant, the devil is in the details. As someone else mentioned before me, achievments are not everything. Casillas lacks all the defining aspects of a real goalkeeper. I dont want to go to extents of claiming, even I make a better goalie than him given 6 months of training to gain back my form.

Lord Spencer wrote:You have the opinion that Iker is rubbish, and yet you broadcast it as fact. It is not fact, here is a lesson for you, not everything you believe is fact. Learn to learn. Watching youtube videos making poor judgment on players based on 9 minutes of highlight footage is ridiculous.

Your stastics are not accurate. And you keep forgetting the most important point i have made about why iker is not a real goalie. It is not the 10 shots (quantity) he saves but rather the quality and frequency of those mistakes.

Lord Spencer wrote:

No Spencer, if i refused to respond to those questions it means many things, but mainly:

1- I chose to ignore responding to them or i simply dont want to
2- I already responded to them but you werent paying attention
3- The answers i gave did not match your expectations and you re looking for other details in that case you have to be more clear and specific.

If you ask me which one from the above is true, i pick 2. I have already responded to all your questions and queries, you guys just cant see that.

:facepalm:

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse

WON'T YOU THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:31 am

What do you mean? Are you sure you're in the right section / thread?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:32 am

Cosign! I love how he assumes he can challenge anyone on the forum. It's now my dream to put together a GL forum team and finally be able to end huntsman. I swear I'm going to try and make this happen, it's our only chance to see the humiliation on his face. Although, I'm sure after we beat the brakes off him he will have excuses :lol!:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next