David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

+50
Firenze
Thimmy
Helmer
El Gunner
Kaladin
LeBéninois
RealGunner
Lucifer
S
Myesyats
M99
Cruijf
Valkyrja
izzy
Pseudo
Curtinho
Art Morte
McAgger
Mamad
jibers
billionmillion
CBarca
Magricos
Blue
Dnmac4
JuvenelCuore
The Messiah
lenear1030
halamadrid2
Ali
Lord Hades
justdoit_
xabi
alexjanosik
Ganso
Gil
TheRedStag
che
teamanarchy
Sushi Master
Superstone Mariomintsch
kiranr
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
Pedram
Mr Nick09
Grande_Milano
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
eyeopener
54 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

David Silva: The best midfielder in the world? - Page 5 Empty Re: David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

Post by Lucifer Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:55 pm

ES wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I reckon this will be Pep's City XI:

Hart
- Zabaleta - Kompany - Otamendi
--de bruyne---Silva---Fernandinho---Isco---Gaya
Messi
Aguero

smoking
But that's none of my business smoking

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

David Silva: The best midfielder in the world? - Page 5 Empty Re: David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:

That being said, imo Yaya would rather go play elsewhere ( MLS or Asia ) than having such a role.

You have to put in effort to do well in MLS. Too many big lazy flops come over and make football look bad here(Beckham,Lampard)

He should go to China. Best league in Asia, where he would still be able to pay in packed arenas with plenty of other foreign stars.

He'll be 33 and he's a big lad. Can't expect him to run everywhere but I'm pretty sure he can do well in MLS if he's in a team whose main strenght is midfield.

I could see him drop weight a la Lebron James to create a more dynamic player, and extend his career if he wants to. I don't think he needs to though. He has nothing to prove at this point in life.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Final appearance in the PL today. Hard to believe he has been here for a decade.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:15 pm

One of the greatest in PL era without a doubt.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:21 pm

pleasure to have seen him play
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:43 pm

he had such subtle and neat moves. I never felt like he was a very imposing player on the game but boy what a joy he was to watch sometimes Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Manchester City is not among my favorite clubs, by any means, but David Silva is one of my favorite midfielders of all time, and he will be missed. He was a joy to watch at Valencia, as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:54 pm

is he retiring? I had no idea he was leaving City, or that he was 34

which is kind of fitting, the guy was quiet off the pitch, never attracted headlines, did all of his talking on match day, definitely one of the best in the last 20 years

glad to see him gone in some ways, will miss him in others
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Still remember him back in 2010 a key piece of the Spanish team, sort of a free role, he just roamed around all over the place, Im sure giving oppositions very difficult task to defend him. Really happy to see he has much success in EPL. I remember thinking small players like him and Aguero wont be too suitable for the EPL since they are too small and couldnt compete physically, how wrong I was Razz

Wonder how much Man C will miss him, can Foden really fill his spot? If not Pep will need to find another who can.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:31 pm

Always been one of my fav mids. Pure class
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:58 pm

Noticing him for the first time in euro 2008, "El Chino Silva" immediately became my favorite Spanish player in that team (I hated all the rest of them after the penalties in the QF against Italy). In future teams when every Spanish player offered some version of the same thing, a perfect fit of their style, Silva was the different one making exciting things happen.

His style was just nice to watch.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 pm

atm ... seems lazio is negotiating for his service
lazio's attack's gonna look slick w/ him on board but if age is no more of a prerequisite i actually want him at milan (samu and saelemakers atm sucking)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Lazio? really?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:56 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12043668/lazio-confident-of-signing-david-silva-after-man-city-exit

looks like it, most media outlets are saying he could well end up in Lazio. Kinda make sense given that lazio were suffering massively w/ lack of depth and now as they are in CL they will benefit massively from Silva's quality and experience. Immobile is gonna love this ... silva is a assist meister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Lazio waiting ... even Immobile came out and said he would be great addition to the team ;
then italian media claims of juve interest, that probably may be far from the truth, however now apparently interest is coming from qatari club

lazio offer of 4 million a year for 3 years + CL football + pretty much a regular might just not be enough ...

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:10 pm

David Silva picks Real Sociedad over Lazio

praise the lord
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:17 am

Apparently Lazio is fuming about this, David Silva didn't even bother calling Lazio through his representative, and Lazio only found out after Real Sociedad released the statement that he is their player lol ...

i feel for lazio, just a simple hey i am turning u guys down for a deal somewhere would have sufficed ... not telling lazio and then signing up for someone else and staying quiet about it is a bit less of a courtesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:29 am

Fuck Lazio i would have done the same
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:33 am

Infinitely glad Silva chose to wear the Txuri-urdinak over Biancocelesti.

Silva has obviously missed back in Spain and surprised Valencia did not put out an offer to bring him back but Sociedad is the right move for him.

Definitely umambitious yes given Lazio are in the Champions League and a much better team. Its a shame we can't see him in Serie A and combine with Alberto and Immobile but glad either way.

I admit it is a peasant move what he did to Lazio but hilarious to see them fuming. Reminds me of what Berba did to Fiorentina back then.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Would have given anything to see David Silva back at Valencia tbh. THe mems are too good
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:54 am

Warrior wrote:Fuck Lazio i would have done the same

i can see where thats coming from XD
though i get it i dont like Lazio too lol ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:54 am

CBarca wrote:Would have given anything to see David Silva back at Valencia tbh. THe mems are too good
Valencia return would have been nice, and just a right fit given they lost ... i forgot the name of a player that got sold to mancity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5