David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

+50
Firenze
Thimmy
Helmer
El Gunner
Kaladin
LeBéninois
RealGunner
Lucifer
S
Myesyats
M99
Cruijf
Valkyrja
izzy
Pseudo
Curtinho
Art Morte
McAgger
Mamad
jibers
billionmillion
CBarca
Magricos
Blue
Dnmac4
JuvenelCuore
The Messiah
lenear1030
halamadrid2
Ali
Lord Hades
justdoit_
xabi
alexjanosik
Ganso
Gil
TheRedStag
che
teamanarchy
Sushi Master
Superstone Mariomintsch
kiranr
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
Pedram
Mr Nick09
Grande_Milano
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
eyeopener
54 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

David Silva: The best midfielder in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

Post by Lord Hades Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 pm

still no mention of alonso..great..

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

David Silva: The best midfielder in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm so tired of posts like this. I have been singing his praises for years and he has been this good for a long while. Maybe if people would actually WATCH LA LIGA they would know these things. He is not all of a sudden ten times better because he is in the EPL, you just never watched him before and also the technical ability of players in the EPL is just down right awful so he looks like superman. I said the same thing about Kun and Mata as well.

People now think they are really good because there in the EPL when they have been really good for a really long time.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Completely agreed with dnmac.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 am

dnmac4 wrote:I'm so tired of posts like this. I have been singing his praises for years and he has been this good for a long while. Maybe if people would actually WATCH LA LIGA they would know these things. He is not all of a sudden ten times better because he is in the EPL, you just never watched him before and also the technical ability of players in the EPL is just down right awful so he looks like superman. I said the same thing about Kun and Mata as well.

People now think they are really good because there in the EPL when they have been really good for a really long time.

any player is average until EPL proven tbh
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 am

Lol @ the muppets bragging about rating Silva for years. As if everyone didn't know he was class. Laughing

The only problem the doubters had with him was his inconsistency & productivity. He's now added that to his game this season.

Keep hearing how this and that weren't rated before they moved to the PL but that's clearly bollocks. The only reason the likes of Mata/Silva/Aguero etc are getting more hype now is because they're doing it for "bigger' teams.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 am

Gil wrote:Lol @ the muppets bragging about rating Silva for years. As if everyone didn't know he was class. Laughing

The only problem the doubters had with him was his inconsistency & productivity. He's now added that to his game this season.

Keep hearing how this and that weren't rated before they moved to the PL but that's clearly bollocks. The only reason the likes of Mata/Silva/Aguero etc are getting more hype now is because they're doing it for "bigger' teams.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Kun was the model of consistency while at Atletico. In the last 4 season at Atletico he had 27, 21, 20, 27 goals with 8, 10, 10, 6 assists.

While Silva's last 4 years at Valencia he had 8, 6, 5, 10 goals and 8, 10, 9, 13 assists his productivity actually took a dip when he got to the EPL going from 10 goals and 13 assists to 6 goals and 15 assists.

I mean people just make this crap up that he's more consistent now or he's doing it for a better team. NO, you actually watch when he plays now instead of being the guy who you heard was really good and see on Spain's team sometimes.(I'm generalizing here not specifically talking about you).

Mata and Silva played for Valencia who in usually in the top 4 in La Liga and therefore in the CL and Kun was on Atletico who is the third biggest team in Spain. The teams they moved to are bigger clubs but there pretty much the same level of teams in the EPL that Valencia and Atletico are in La Liga.

And who are you calling muppets? Were the same people who told all of you that A) Silva was going to mop up the EPL and B) Kun was going to destroy the EPL when you guys were saying the opposite and constantly arguing that whatever average EPL player (Nasri for instance) was better then them. We have been saying this for a long time because we WATCH them every week, so don't give me that you knew they were going to be this good crap. They have always been this good.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 am

nobody talked about Ozil before he moved to Real Madrid.

just saying.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 am

Suspect didn't some people say he was one of the best playmakers at the WC.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:When has Silva ever been underrated? Everyone who watches La Liga knows he is absolute class. However, going from there to best midfielder in the world is quite a stretch when you take into account the Xavis and Iniestas of the world...

THIS POST. SO FULL OF TRUTH...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Anybody with a total of 5 molecules inside the brain that had seen David Silva play would know the brilliance and class that he possesses. Kizz and I both felt strongly about bringing Silva to Barca years back, and I still feel that way, although I admit we don't really have a position open for him Sad

BUT...best midfielder? Not really, not yet, at least. He's been 'relatively' damn consistent in his La Liga days, and now we're seeing the best of him. Best in form? Maybe...probably-he's almost always going to have to battle one of Xaviesta for that title.

For me, he has to stay this way for a while. We can't hype him up to the best already when it's months in. Look how that turns out for Arsenal every season. RAWR WERE SO GOOD, by the end of the season WENGER PLEASE SPEND THE MONAYZ PLEASE! I don't disagree with them either. However, if he can go a full season like this and get the silverware, then we can start talking about best in the world. And I'm fairly confident he can do that, too.

And once again, he was never underrated XD
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 am

A technically good footballer plays in a league that everybody plays open football
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Best MF? A bit of a general statement. He is a good incisive playmaker and has been for a while, especially at Valencia. He was integral to Spain winning EURO 08 and is the main reason in stlye differnece between Spain in the Euros and WC. That being said, you can't compare him to Xavi or modric. He doesn't control citys tempo like pirlo, Alonso and Xavi. He only controls it in the attacking phase which is the problem with City atm, they have no player to link up their attacking and defensive phase. Another reason that Silva looks good in the prem is becauseof all the space he has between the lines. Hence why he doesn't do as well in th CL. The space is closed. He isn't the best amf in Europe. Also can people stop saying best in the wolrd so non chalantly. Do you watch every league? What logic do you use to come to such inference? Anyways my point is, the EPL makes Silva look better then he is, IF Xavi or Iniesta came to the EPL, they would be even better.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:56 pm

jibers wrote:Best MF? A bit of a general statement. He is a good incisive playmaker and has been for a while, especially at Valencia. He was integral to Spain winning EURO 08 and is the main reason in stlye differnece between Spain in the Euros and WC. That being said, you can't compare him to Xavi or modric. He doesn't control citys tempo like pirlo, Alonso and Xavi. He only controls it in the attacking phase which is the problem with City atm, they have no player to link up their attacking and defensive phase. Another reason that Silva looks good in the prem is becauseof all the space he has between the lines. Hence why he doesn't do as well in th CL. The space is closed. He isn't the best amf in Europe. Also can people stop saying best in the wolrd so non chalantly. Do you watch every league? What logic do you use to come to such inference? Anyways my point is, the EPL makes Silva look better then he is, IF Xavi or Iniesta came to the EPL, they would be even better.

He's the best in the world currently........

And its easy for me to say so, considering Xavi and Iniesta are meh currently so the title is definitely up for grabs as far as current form goes.....

Hell, Cabaye has been better than Xavi and Iniesta this year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Sepi wrote:I'd rather watch Marcelo atm, than sleep with Scarlett Johansson

Corrected Thumbs up
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 pm

There is a thing.... when you play in EPL you seem better than what you really are.

Silva is great. but he isn't the best. Xavi and Iniesta are still the best imo. Iniesta is just pure class. if he moves to EPL people will call him better than Messi. which he is not.

A technically good footballer plays in a league that everybody plays open football

This.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Hipster posters LOL
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Biggest fraud of all time. Gone missing yet again in Europe.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Moal was laughing at me when I said Coutinho is more creative than this guy Laughing  Phil shit on him left and right at the moment.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:41 pm

A great time to start picking on Silva, as if he's the problem for City's European struggles Rolling Eyes
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Yeah...Silva is incredible. Pelle just has no idea how to set up for Europe.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:48 pm

You can't blame him. He has a clown for a coach.

Last edited by Pseudo on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Eh? He's done nothing in Europe for 4 seasons now. He's a massive fraud. People get fooled by irrelevant moves that have zero impact on the game. I'm not saying he isn't a good player I just hate the fact people wrongly elevate him to the levels of Yaya and Aguero. He's not in their class.

34 year old Lampard's 2 passes to dissect Pep's Barca is more decisive than anything Silva has done at in the CL for City.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Moal was laughing at me when I said Coutinho is more creative than this guy Laughing  Phil shit on him left and right at the moment.

Well, Mole was right to laugh.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:49 pm

El Cujo wrote:Yeah...Silva is incredible. Pelle just has no idea how to set up for Europe.
Pseudo wrote:You can't blame him. He has a clown as a coach.

Except he was even worse under Mancini.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Gil wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Yeah...Silva is incredible. Pelle just has no idea how to set up for Europe.
Pseudo wrote:You can't blame him. He has a clown as a coach.

Except he was even worse under Mancini.

Mancini is a bigger clown that Pelle
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:52 pm

I'd take him over Oscar, Cesc and prime Ozil any day.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Silva is awful.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next