Fifa Ballon D'or - Who Will Be Top Three?

+41
Zealous
MrDeeds
larisano
Potential
Cruijf
Paprika
vivabarca38
Donuts
FennecFox7
harhar11
VanDeezNuts
guest7
buddytaller
II Capitano
billionmillion
briarfish
Adit
Adrian0911
Doc
Jonathan28
CBarca
Dreamau
7amood11
Lord Hades
Tigole
Rebaño Sagrado
BarcaKizz
jibers
Pedram
Die Borussen
nichabr
Le Samourai
Khaled
Valkyrja
The Sanchez
RealGunner
DRK
Onyx
McAgger
Harmonica
messixaviesta
45 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fifa Ballon D'or - Who Will Be Top Three? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifa Ballon D'or - Who Will Be Top Three?

Post by Tigole Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:20 am

It would be an embarrassment if Casillas doesn't win it. He had a good season in his club and was incredible in the Euros.

Sick and tired of all this striker dick sucking.

What do goalkeepers and defenders have to do to get recognition?

Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Fifa Ballon D'or - Who Will Be Top Three? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifa Ballon D'or - Who Will Be Top Three?

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:25 am

Tigole wrote:It would be an embarrassment if Casillas doesn't win it. He had a good season in his club and was incredible in the Euros.

Sick and tired of all this striker dick sucking.

I too find it puzzling and I do have to question the abilites of how a goalkeeper/defender can win the award. Casillas has to be in top 5 imo.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:19 pm

If Iker wins it it's for lifetime achievement.

To me the embarrassment was when he got 3 votes in 07 after dragging us to the league with an embarrassment of a defense and midfield in front of him.He was clearly the best player in La Liga that year and.....3 votes....that was just a disgrace on so many different levels. He shouldve been on the podium.

The next year he was 4th and probably couldve been 3rd but 07 was just a ruthless display of ignorance by all who voted....gg.

I mean people playing in Serie B and Brazil came ahead of a man who was by some distance the best player on the team that won La Liga.Robinhio and Van Nistelrooj came ahead of him.

It was just a joke.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 pm

that was 08 bro, whjere he was *bleep* , came fourth in ballon d or list.. in 07 it was more of a combined effort..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:43 pm

07/08 season. :bow:

Casillas, Guti, Raul. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 pm

paxtonpale wrote:1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta
4. Pirlo
5. Xavi
6. Ozil
7. Casillas

Top 7... :coffee:

Exactly this. Maybe even Pirlo for 3rd, but this list is more likely.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:51 pm

08 we were in much better shape, we made quality signings like Robben , Sneijder and Pepe and Robinhio got his act together and gave some consistently great performances...Gago and Diarra were playing at a very very high level it was a great team effort.

07 on the other hand was a total disaster...our defense was horrible, Canavaro was looking past it coming off his Balon D Or, his various partners, Helguera Mejias etc were terrible, Ramos was great when played there but that meant Miguel Torres was our starting RB , Cicinhio coming back from injury was a shadow.

Diarra was great but he was the only DM worth mentioning since Emerson was terrible and the rest didn't bother with defense....and of course Carlos had long been declining and was very very average defensively having lost all his speed.

Casillas kept us in the league that year for the first half and even during the 2nd half where we picked up things quite a bit he was still our best player by quite some margin.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:00 pm

i would beg to diagree and say his 08 season was a goat one while 07 was simply great, but i think we had this debate before and either way he deserves to be right up there on the list :coffee:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamau Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Im thinking Iker Cassilas , Lets face it he is really important for both Spain and Real Madrid

Dreamau
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:49 am

7amood11 wrote:
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta
4. Pirlo
5. Xavi
6. Ozil
7. Casillas

True though since Iniesta was 'claimed' to be player of the tournament, he has the advantage. Imo, I would definately have Pirlo at 3 because of what he did at Juventus this season. Iniesta was on the wing for most of the second half of the season :facepalm: and didn't even do that great (though well considering he was out of position).
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 am

Tigole wrote:

Do something super human and win one or more huge trophies during a time when attackers largely flop ala Cannavaro 2006. Other than that I can see very little chance for them.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:12 am

Le Samourai wrote:
The next year he was 4th

I wanted Casillas to win in 2008 but he came 4th just as you said.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:14 am

7amood11 wrote:
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta
4. Pirlo
5. Xavi
6. Ozil
7. Casillas

I read that the betting odds currently list Messi on top but only a hair's breadth ahead of C.Ronaldo. Pirlo is third followed by Iniesta.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:25 am

I've flipped this through my mind over and over and over and I'm trying to find some way...in some world where I didn't give it to Messi (not because I don't like him, I love Messi, just for thoughts sake of course) and I just can't find a very good reason.

He's just too damn good. I just can't see someone have the season Messi had and not win it. Even if he didn't win a major trophy (CDR is not a major trophy), his season overall was incredible. I mean his individual season was just ridiculous- and that counts more for me than any trophy will. If it was decided on trophy's then Torres would probably win ffs.

I don't know about other people, but when I see that league table without Messi's goals and assists...I'm embarrassed as much as I am in awe. The guy is a monster, I've never seen anything like in and I find a hard time thinking I ever will after he's done. I'm privileged to watch this beautiful mind.

Anyway, C.Ronaldo had a disgustingly good season goal-scoring wise too. And won the league, and did well in other competitions. I think like most other people here, I have to give him second, although I still debate in my mind whether that's true or the next guy should get it, that guy being...

Iniesta Heart

So what can you say about Iniesta? He's Iniesta Very Happy He's the most beautiful pale man in the world. While I am privileged to watch Messi, this guy makes football a true form of art. He is the most elegant, amazing dribbler I've ever seen, his passing and vision makes me feel guilty time and time again (guilty that not everyone in the world gets to watch this artist). My favorite player to watch, personally. And the man has another Euro to his name now, being MVP as well, and being one of the best midfielders in the world to boot (he is better than C.Ronaldo IMO).

Given the circumstances, at the moment I have to agree that I would say

1. Messi
2. C. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta

But I'm still not sure about those last two. I gotta think some more. Oh, and a major shout out to Casillas, he probably deserves a higher place than the 4th I give him, but I can't get rid of one of those 3 for Casillas, I can't, even if I try.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamau Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:43 am

Messi
Ronaldo
Iniesta/xavi

as usual

Dreamau
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:53 am

OK now I'm the biggest Xavi fan in the world and although he had a masterclass performance in the final of the Euro and all...I don't think he deserves a 3rd or 4th. He struggled with injuries part of the year and didn't put in the performances that got him those places in previous years, in addition to not winning a major title other than the Euro (and the Euro he wasn't Spain's best player either).

He's still top 10 and all but I don't know if 3rd/4th is fair. That spot goes to Iniesta and then Casillas. 5th/6th can go to either Pirlo or Xavi (can't decide), that's a lot more fair than 3rd/4th for Xavi, IMO.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:36 am

In an editorial, France Football declared: "For all of his work, his stay at the top with which he was joined by Spain in 2008, but also for his reassuring presence, his personality, his influence and expertise, Casillas deserves, after all, a Ballon d'Or."

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 am

Crimson wrote:In an editorial, France Football declared: "For all of his work, his stay at the top with which he was joined by Spain in 2008, but also for his reassuring presence, his personality, his influence and expertise, Casillas deserves, after all, a Ballon d'Or."

Balon do'r is an award for individuall achievement for THE SEASON beforehand. Not some sentimentl award. Messi will get it.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 am

CBarca wrote:I've flipped this through my mind over and over and over and I'm trying to find some way...in some world where I didn't give it to Messi (not because I don't like him, I love Messi, just for thoughts sake of course) and I just can't find a very good reason.

He's just too damn good. I just can't see someone have the season Messi had and not win it. Even if he didn't win a major trophy (CDR is not a major trophy), his season overall was incredible. I mean his individual season was just ridiculous- and that counts more for me than any trophy will. If it was decided on trophy's then Torres would probably win ffs.

I don't know about other people, but when I see that league table without Messi's goals and assists...I'm embarrassed as much as I am in awe. The guy is a monster, I've never seen anything like in and I find a hard time thinking I ever will after he's done. I'm privileged to watch this beautiful mind.

Anyway, C.Ronaldo had a disgustingly good season goal-scoring wise too. And won the league, and did well in other competitions. I think like most other people here, I have to give him second, although I still debate in my mind whether that's true or the next guy should get it, that guy being...

Iniesta Heart

So what can you say about Iniesta? He's Iniesta Very Happy He's the most beautiful pale man in the world. While I am privileged to watch Messi, this guy makes football a true form of art. He is the most elegant, amazing dribbler I've ever seen, his passing and vision makes me feel guilty time and time again (guilty that not everyone in the world gets to watch this artist). My favorite player to watch, personally. And the man has another Euro to his name now, being MVP as well, and being one of the best midfielders in the world to boot (he is better than C.Ronaldo IMO).

Given the circumstances, at the moment I have to agree that I would say

1. Messi
2. C. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta

But I'm still not sure about those last two. I gotta think some more. Oh, and a major shout out to Casillas, he probably deserves a higher place than the 4th I give him, but I can't get rid of one of those 3 for Casillas, I can't, even if I try.

CB, wonderful comments. Really liked reading your thoughts about Iniesta. That's why I call him 'The Artist'. The one line that I have highlighted reflects my exact views best. Lastly I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Xavi and Iniesta collect trophies like stamps. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:45 am

All things being fair

1.Ronaldo
2.Messi
3.Ibrahimovic

How it will turn out

1.Messi
2.Iniesta
3.Ronaldo
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:20 am

Jonathan28 wrote:All things being fair

1.Ronaldo
2.Messi
3.Ibrahimovic

How it will turn out

1.Messi
2.Iniesta
3.Ronaldo

Ronaldo won't come third. Please... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
CBarca wrote:I've flipped this through my mind over and over and over and I'm trying to find some way......stuff

CB, wonderful comments. Really liked reading your thoughts about Iniesta. That's why I call him 'The Artist'. The one line that I have highlighted reflects my exact views best. Lastly I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Xavi and Iniesta collect trophies like stamps. Smile

So JD, what is your opinion on the matter? You have started the thread but I have not yet seen your predictions.

And they do, Xaviesta...we Barca fans are so spoiled Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 pm

I could actually see Cristiano coming third honestly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Khaled wrote:
deadrave wrote:what has messi won to deserve the ballon?

at least iniesta won the euros

if it is for a barca player to win it it must be iniesta or xavi

not messi

What did Cristiano win?
A Liga?

Torres won Euro, UCL and FA Cup..

Torres for the ballon d'or #lol

-------------------

Ballon d'or is for the best player in the world, for the player with best individual performance...
Its not for a player on the team with most trophies (Trophies are won by teams)... Liga was won by Ozil Alonso Casillas etc.. not just Cristiano #lol. (same in case of Messi and Barca).

If two players had close performance individually, you give it for the player with more major trophies etc..
example: Iniesta and Pirlo were the best in the Euro 2012 (very close individual performance), for Me Iniesta wins it cause he won the Euro with a better performance in the Final.

In Ballon d'or case, Cristiano is no where near Messi, when it comes to overall performance... (he was close in terms of goals, Messi 82 vs 69 for Cristiano both played 69 games in all comps)...

this...

1. Messi
2. CR
3. Casillas
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:11 am

I would like Casillas to be top 3. Would be nice Very Happy
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 am

CBarca wrote:
So JD, what is your opinion on the matter? You have started the thread but I have not yet seen your predictions.

And they do, Xaviesta...we Barca fans are so spoiled Very Happy

My prediction is that C.Ronaldo will win it, Messi will come second and the third place is a difficult toss up between Iniesta, Pirlo and Casillas.

However what I think should ideally happen is that Iniesta, Pirlo and Casillas should compete for the top three. I am tired of this extreme obsession with goal scorers year after year.

If Italy had won the Euro 2012 final, I would have given the award to Pirlo without any question. Since that didn't happen it's become much more interesting.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next