Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

+49
BeautifulGame
Luca
Onyx
breva
Winter is Coming
VivaStPauli
Neutropin
futbol_bill
Thimmy
windkick
shadexticos
Mr Nick09
danyjr
dronte
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Myesyats
Donuts
Lord Awesome
Based Bonera
Lex
Ion Creanga
Robespierre
Turok_TTZ
terrance511
zigra
CBarca
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
sportsczy
matpol
Art Morte
Doc
Pedram
M99
BarcaLearning
chad4401
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
salmano9
Freeza
Cruijf
53 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by Adit Fri May 06, 2016 9:09 pm

I think danjyr was one of those guys who predicted zidane getting real Madrid relegated and now he can't live with the thought of Zidane with a CL trophy Laughing

Welcome to predicting about Real Madrid, you never know!!

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by CBarca Fri May 06, 2016 9:55 pm

windkick wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:If CL semifinalists Manchester City are Europa League standard what does that make quarter-finalists FC Mehcelona ? hmm

Makes us the defending treble champions. What stage a team gets knocked out doesn't make them less/more than other teams in other brackets. It's a matter of who gets drawn with who in what round. Funny how your blind hate for Barca makes you sound like a total jackass in all your posts. I hope you never stop posting here

I'm asking because I actually don't know, has Madrid ever won the treble?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 06, 2016 10:07 pm

windkick wrote:Can't hate on Madrid for the draw they got. Is what it is, every team needs some luck or something to go along with quality. They still had to do the work. It's happened to all UCL finalists in one way or another on the way to that final game.

I wouldn't necessarily say that we've been showered with luck all the way. Persistent injuries to key players seems to be a recurring problem for Real Madrid, these days. Of course, that's part of the game, but I honestly don't remember the last time this team was in optimal shape. Considering our awful start to the season and two new coaches within a short time span, I didn't expect us to challenge for anything. RM were 13 points behind the leaders in the league, at one point in time. It hasn't been a walk in the park, at all.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 pm

CBarca wrote:
windkick wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:If CL semifinalists Manchester City are Europa League standard what does that make quarter-finalists FC Mehcelona ? hmm

Makes us the defending treble champions. What stage a team gets knocked out doesn't make them less/more than other teams in other brackets. It's a matter of who gets drawn with who in what round. Funny how your blind hate for Barca makes you sound like a total jackass in all your posts. I hope you never stop posting here

No, they haven't.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Thimmy wrote:
windkick wrote:Can't hate on Madrid for the draw they got. Is what it is, every team needs some luck or something to go along with quality. They still had to do the work. It's happened to all UCL finalists in one way or another on the way to that final game.

I wouldn't necessarily say that we've been showered with luck all the way. Persistent injuries to key players seems to be a recurring problem for Real Madrid, these days. Of course, that's part of the game, but I honestly don't remember the last time this team was in optimal shape. Considering our awful start to the season and two new coaches within a short time span, I didn't expect us to challenge for anything. RM were 13 points behind the leaders in the league, at one point in time. It hasn't been a walk in the park, at all.

Oh for sure, I wasn't insinuating that at all. I was more so commenting that in general some "luck" is needed and everyone gets "easy" draws here and there on the way to the final. Pretty much I'm saying I don't get this hate on Madrids road to the final, they still had to put in the leg work to get the job done and they did.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 06, 2016 10:30 pm

Thimmy wrote:
CBarca wrote:
windkick wrote:

No, they haven't.

@valk Smile
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 06, 2016 10:35 pm

Only 4 teams have won the treble CL/League/Cup from what i remember:
- Man U
- Inter
- Barca
- Bayern

Each of them has done it once. And all but the Man U one has happened very recently too. Shows where football is going... rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. Only EPL can save us tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 06, 2016 10:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:Only 4 teams have won the treble CL/League/Cup from what i remember:
- Man U
- Inter
- Barca
- Bayern

Each of them has done it once. And all but the Man U one has happened very recently too. Shows where football is going... rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. Only EPL can save us tbh.

Barca did it twice.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Haven't Barca done it twice - once with pep and last year with Luis Enrique?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Correct - We did it twice

08/09 and 14/15 season.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri May 06, 2016 11:04 pm

Calma guys! The poor guy made boo boo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 07, 2016 12:52 am

I thought Celtic, PSV eindhoven and Ajax had treble winning seasons too? granted it was a very long time ago but they should be counted too.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 07, 2016 12:56 am

I was referring to champion's league era... sure it's happened before that a few times.  And yeah... Barca did it twice.

Honestly, treble means nothing to me.  Cups aren't taken seriously until the semis by all the clubs because they either don't have the squad to do it or they have bigger fish to fry.  So those really don't mean much to me.  League/CL doubles are the standard.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 07, 2016 1:06 am

Every title is serious sports. Means more bragging rights and more bragging rights = more banter.

Personally, I am waiting for someone to defend the CL title.. No one has done yet it since the EC was rebranded to CL and I think that is the most coveted bragging rights of all. Imagine if Real Madrid or any other club won and then a season later successfully defended the most important title in Europe. Not even a treble could top such an achievement. winning the champions league is hard enough as it is. defending it would be legendary in this day and age. SAF couldn't do it, Mourinho couldn't do it, That hipster pep couldn't do it, Not even the great Carlo Ancelotti has done it. Whoever can do it, will be legend.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sat May 07, 2016 6:37 am

RealGunner wrote:Madrid deserved to be there. End off

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 5 Giphy

This has been the most ridiculous CL finalist I can remeber.

Teams that would have beat madrid: Barcelona, Atletico, Bayern, Juve, possibly Arsenal

Most undeserving finalists I have ever seen
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 07, 2016 8:15 am

And you base that on what exactly??? Your hate?? We have only lost twice since the winter. We have coneded only 4 goals in CL, 2 in the knockout rounds. Do me a favour

We have been told that we are shit and deserve nothing for the past 4/5 seasons now lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah I don't particularly like Madrid, but they did fine, they were quite good against City, and the return-leg in Wolfsburg was some good football, too. It's not like other finalists had it that tough all the time, it's always a mixed bag, and everyone you meet in the UCL is pretty serious.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 am

It's hard to accept but the fact is Madrid have been growing stronger day by day atleast mentally. They want it badly and it is showing in their performance. No doubt there are quite few holes in that team but i will back them to lift trophy at Milan 9/10 times.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 07, 2016 10:03 am

Even with Ronaldo in great form I can really see them struggle to score against Atletico though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat May 07, 2016 10:11 am

If Atleti manage to score early then I think it's wrap up. If Ronaldo and Bale manage them to stretch enough I don't see problem RM scoring.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 07, 2016 10:15 am

Agreed. We are not as good as Bayern and Barca at creating chances against Atleti. That is because our wingers are not very good dribblers and our midfielders are more cautious and try less risky passes than the former two. That said we have something Bayern and Barca dont and thats a very physical DM who wont mind getting stuck in. If Saul tries to dribble himself to our box you can bet any money Casemiro will flatten him before he gets there

My main concerns are Marcelo and Ramos. Atleti are going to target that side like they always do and those are prone to letting players in behind them. On the other side i am not worried, Luis will probably not enter our half all game. Another concern I have is Benzema's inability to actually trouble the Atleti defence. They push him aside and he says sorry for getting close to you. Last season Chicha was a nuicance to the Atleti defence. We would have more wins against them if Suarez was playing for us but it is what it is
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Neutropin wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Madrid deserved to be there. End off

This has been the most ridiculous CL finalist I can remeber.

Teams that would have beat madrid: Barcelona, Atletico, Bayern, Juve, possibly Arsenal

Most undeserving finalists I have ever seen

I didn't know Arturo Vidal was a member of GL.
First Atletico and now Real Madrid, Vidal really can't let it go.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 07, 2016 6:13 pm

What a failed jinx attempt Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sat May 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Valkyrja wrote:What a failed jinx attempt Laughing
halamadrid2 wrote:That said we have something Bayern and Barca dont and thats a very physical DM who wont mind getting stuck in. If Saul tries to dribble himself to our box you can bet any money Casemiro will flatten him before he gets there

since when is Casemiro a world class dm lmao!!

All this thread is a bunch of biased RM fans calling everyone else biased for telling them the truth
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Neutropin wrote:All this thread is a bunch of biased RM fans calling everyone else biased for telling them the truth

Basically Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 07, 2016 7:10 pm

It is not bias when you have failed to give one iota of a reason as to why you think we are overrated or dont deserve it

Sounds more like a butthurt cule who is tired of getting knocked out vs Atleti everytime they play them in CL and think we wont beat them either because 3+3=7 in your head

Lets hear your reason as to why you think we dont derserve it. And please give me examples of where you think Casemiro showed his flaws. Ps he has already played Atleti you might want to start there

This is going to be entertaining........

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sat May 07, 2016 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next