Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:31 pm

I don't really want to get into the whole Pogba debate, but its a bit harsh on him to be so hyperbolic about his "inconsistency." The entire Man U team was incredibly inconsistent and poor for the majority of the season apart from the early Solskjaer run. Just like I don't want to judge most individuals in the RM team too harshly, the same can be said about United. Just like us, they need to make a TON of changes, but I would seriously doubt that his performances would stay the same or drop if he didn't have better personnel around him.

And I know this isn't likely, but just imagine a midfield of:

Pogba - Ndom
Casemiro

In the context of a Zidane team. I mean that is just pure sexy balanced functionalism.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:28 pm

please and thanks; does anyone know if the kovacic deal is done and for how much?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:50 pm

Hasn't gotten the "oficial communicado" but we can assume it's all but confirmed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:48 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

Pogba - Ndom
Casemiro

In the context of a Zidane team. I mean that is just pure sexy balanced functionalism.

That's a terrible midfield.

Imagine the productivity. None.

Imagine the energy. None.

Creativity and tactical ability. None.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:48 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I don't really want to get into the whole Pogba debate, but its a bit harsh on him to be so hyperbolic about his "inconsistency." The entire Man U team was incredibly inconsistent and poor for the majority of the season apart from the early Solskjaer run. I don’t think it’s being hyperbolic, and it’s definitely not just about this one season, as I’ve mentioned countless times already.

Just like I don't want to judge most individuals in the RM team too harshly, the same can be said about United. I think most of us have a pretty good grasp of what our players can and cannot do, based on their sustained performance level. If anything, this season demonstrated how their sustained level of ability or potential ability has changed, and not what they have been capable of in the past. It’s a completely different argument.

Just like us, they need to make a TON of changes, but I would seriously doubt that his performances would stay the same or drop if he didn't have better personnel around him. I’m far more sceptical than you in this regard, but that’s a fair opinion, and you may even be right for all I know.

Pogba - Ndom
Casemiro

Where’s the balance?  scratch
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:42 pm

Cyborg wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

Pogba - Ndom
Casemiro

Is it opposite day or something?

Pogba not creative, Ndom no energy, Casemiro not productive.

Have you ever watched any of these players? I have to ask.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:49 pm

You made a quality post Deez don't bother. That's an excellent piece of midfield
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:52 pm

Doesn't matter anyways.

According to my Danish sources Eriksen is back on the menu. Will be bought for €85m + add ons
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:01 pm

Eriksen rumours again, washing machine back in spining cycle. Tomorrow more van de Beek rumours
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:05 pm

@Thimmy

The balance I presume comes from the fact that Casemiro and Ndombele would give Pogba the "freedom" to be able to focus more on creating from the midfield without the need to put in more defensive effort than usual. I mean, he is a CM, he has to put in a certain amount of defensive effort but with those two, he'll be able to perform more on the offensive side.

Of course, there is the whole issue of Casemiro still not being able to handle pressure on the ball and Ndombele would also be making forward runs but in terms of the balance Zidane would want, those 3 look like the ideal candidates for it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Eriksen rumours again, washing machine back in spinning cycle. Tomorrow more van de Beek rumours

I don't mind these rumours tbh particularly the Eriksen one. Quality midfielder tbh. In any case, Madrid is back in quiet mode so I expect more of this.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:23 pm

What's happening now with Madrid medias is that the club has stopped the tap on info given to journalists about transfers, and now they are very bored and make shit up.

Marca had to put Van de Beek on their cover to keep it alive lmao.

Back in quiet mode planning moves as you said.

My guess planning moves for Pogba and seeing what happens with Neymar cuz Perez loves Neymar and that is pretty clear.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 pm

Doc wrote:@Thimmy

The balance I presume comes from the fact that Casemiro and Ndombele would give Pogba the "freedom" to be able to focus more on creating from the midfield without the need to put in more defensive effort than usual. I mean, he is a CM, he has to put in a certain amount of defensive effort but with those two, he'll be able to perform more on the offensive side.

Of course, there is the whole issue of Casemiro still not being able to handle pressure on the ball and Ndombele would also be making forward runs but in terms of the balance Zidane would want, those 3 look like the ideal candidates for it.

The bold part is what I'm referring to. I'm not very familiar with Ndombele, but from what I understand, he likes to move up the Pitch, just like Pogba. We've already discussed the issue of having a midfield consisting of two relatively similar players, like Eriksen and Kroos. We'd be left with Casemiro to handle the pressure. That scenario sounds like it could go wrong real fast Laughing If pogba's part of our midfield, I'd ideally want Kanté and De Bruyne behind him, but I wouldn't put any money on that actually happening.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:29 pm

Ndombele is nothing like Pogba, he plays box to box quite simply.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:24 am

Ndombele makes forward runs but he is a proper b2b. He would do a lot of defensive covering but with the added bonus of actually being good (quite good imho) on the ball. Man, I really wish Madrid gets Ndombele.

In any case, that midfield trio Deez posted is as balanced as you can get with a Zidane team.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:04 am

Hmm.. that makes more sense then. Looks like our interest in Ndombele isn’t quite as high as our interest in Pogba is, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:14 am

Ndombele can't defend worth a lick as a FYI. His athleticism allows him to make plays but it's not because he can play defense.

Offensive-minded B2B.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:23 am

We wouldn't really need Ndom to defend with Casemiro though. It's not like Kroos does any defending or moving.

It doesn't really matter anyways, we're not going to get Ndom. Just pipe dreams of a midfield that could dribble AND pass to progress the ball to the attack.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:24 am

I guess I’ll have to watch him play for Tottenham next season, since there doesn’t seem to be much agreement on what type of player he is on here. Either someone’s talking out of their ass, or they’re basing their opinion on him from assumption Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:44 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
Cyborg wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

Pogba - Ndom
Casemiro

Is it opposite day or something?

Pogba not creative, Ndom no energy, Casemiro not productive.

Have you ever watched any of these players? I have to ask.

The only one I haven't watched is Ndombele. I've only seen clips

Those three will be extremely static and slow, I can't see them being productive. Pogba may be the only decent passer of the three and he is just decent.

I wouldn't describe Pogba as creative.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:08 am

Thimmy wrote:I guess I’ll have to watch him play for Tottenham next season, since there doesn’t seem to be much agreement on what type of player he is on here. Either someone’s talking out of their ass, or they’re basing their opinion on him from assumption Razz

The big issues with Ndombele coming into the season were:
-  Endurance - he played very hard but couldn't sustain it.  Seems fixed.
-  Shot - really terrible.  Gotten much better
-  Defense - still has problems.  But again, he does try although not his thing

Strengths:
-  First touch - insane
-  Athleticism - very good
- Physical presence - very good
-  Dribbling - very good
-  Ball protection - good although he takes too many risks with it imo
-  Passing - very good

If he could defend better and score, he would be the perfect player.  Not as athletic or talented as Pogba... but who is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 am

Speaking of french players, there's been very little transfer talk surrounding Nicolas Pepe. I watched a couple of Lille's matches this season, and I really liked what I saw. Seems like a genuinely exciting talent. Blazing fast, great ball control, high technical ability, seems quite proficient with both feet, risk taker. He's a joy to watch, the only thing that annoyed me about him was how easily he fell to the ground. Reminds me a bit of Ousmane Dembele. I had thought he'd be one of the hottest names of this summer, but I haven't heard anything apart from a false rumor that he was joining Liverpool. I'm curious to see how he develops.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:31 am

LOL, Nick dishing any rumors from media other than Pogba and Neymar. The Neymar in particular is comical as there has been zero interest from club and yet he ridicules media when he is the source making up that rumor!

Re the press not only are they saying Eriksen may be possible, he reportedly is house hunting in Madrid. Whether it’s a fact or not, it is a possibility, especially when the other rumor out today is that club is looking at getting Pogba in other year as he like Mbappe won't renew and cost to purchase goes down.

Sure sounds like Flo is trying to make Hazard like deals by having the player spell out their intention!

Plus remember Zidane put pressure on Flo to have squad set for early July! Time is indeed running out. I say if Pogba isn’t coming, then wouldn’t it be better to get Eriksen or De Beek than to stay with no changes to midfield? As I have said several times already, the squad revision will not take place in a single summer.

Then again, Nick may be right, but who knows for sure. But at least I can firmly say his Neymar talk is pure BS. If Neymar goes anywhere, which is extremely doubtful, it would be to Barca not Madrid.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:15 pm

futbol_bill wrote:LOL, Nick dishing any rumors from media other than Pogba and Neymar. The Neymar in particular is comical as there has been zero interest from club and yet he ridicules media when he is the source making up that rumor!

Re the press not only are they saying Eriksen may be possible, he reportedly is house hunting in Madrid. Whether it’s a fact or not, it is a possibility, especially when the other rumor out today is that club is looking at getting Pogba in other year as he like Mbappe won't renew and cost to purchase goes down.

Sure sounds like Flo is trying to make Hazard like deals by having the player spell out their intention!

Plus remember Zidane put pressure on Flo to have squad set for early July! Time is indeed running out. I say if Pogba isn’t coming, then wouldn’t it be better to get Eriksen or De Beek than to stay with no changes to midfield? As I have said several times already, the squad revision will not take place in a single summer.

Then again, Nick may be right, but who knows for sure. But at least I can firmly say his Neymar talk is pure BS. If Neymar goes anywhere, which is extremely doubtful, it would be to Barca not Madrid.
are you this clueless? if after being a supposed socio, lies, and elderly, you still dont understand how madrid medias work, i can't do anything for you. This club controls the tap on information. when they want something out, they brief journalists, when they dont, they stop. Just look at the start of the transfer window, they made clear who the targets were, mendy, jovic, hazard, etc... the information was out there and available. How they make it clear? it's a consensus of sources, Marca, EC, ESradio, ABC.es, laSexta, CadenaSer, Cope...

Now contrast it to what happened with the women team, months of negotiating, not a single word leaked, and then all of a sudden they brief the press and it's out, just when the deal is done.

Right at this moment, they have stopped the tap and journalists are reporting nonsense and clinging onto some BS rumours left and right to stay relevant, just look at the madrid page on AS or Marca, some garbage stories.

We already know Madrid want Pogba. in my opinion, if you understand what an opinion is, they are working on how they can make the deal happen, the transfer window is not even officially open yet lol.

On neymar, there is no neymar rumours to madrid because the club aggressively briefed all madrid journalists that they are not after him, whether that's true or not. all madrid journalists are saying the same.

My opinion? i think the club is just seeing exactly what they can do about it, because we know how much Perez love Neymar. This is the same perez who last january during the ballon dor gala was joking about why not sign both Mbappe and Neymar. That same perez is still running madrid. Also, it makes little sense to me to not try to sign a guy like him when he finally becomes available.

If you are happy to take those Eriksen and Van de beek news story seriously, help yourself, i think it's BS. When we move on from Pogba and pick a secondary target, i expect the news stream to be consistent. Look at you believing rumours about family house hunting, they do this shit every summer and you still believe it? this is sad

Now go make another thread to predict next season team, you seem to be doing that everyday lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:27 pm

I don't think there's any budget for Neymar.... AND, after we bought Hazard, no room for him.  That ship sailed once Hazard was purchased.

Pogba i think will happen.  Man U is asking for too much in terms of fee and Madrid want Pogba to force the issue... which he's reluctant to do.  But he'll do it as a last resort.  

If there were Ndombele rumors, i'd find them more credible because he's a similar profile to Pogba.  But I don't find Eriksen or DeBeek credible because they're the exact type of midfielder ZZ doesn't want.  He's looking for CMs that can break lines and carry the ball from defense to offense...  not AMs.

This is more common sense thinking on my part than anything else.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:29 pm

I wasn’t saying there were true or not anymore than your BS about Neymar.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next