Sushi Master
M99
kiranr
Lex
lenear1030
35 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Alright Barca fans where's the hate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alright Barca fans where's the hate?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Lex wrote:
Rafinha wrote:Since Arsenal found guilty we can state the fact whenever we want
Were you not compensated for the Fabregas move? Was a fee not worked out that both companies agreed upon? You can't sell someone a car for £200 then, eight years later, turn around and go "hang on, that car was worth a lot more than that, I want it back"

You got your money and were happy with it because you had Ronaldinho tearing up La Liga at the time. But now, with Xavi's prime nearing its end and no-one to fill the void, you're bringing up a case that no-one has talked about in almost a decade to acquire a player (who's developed into a star under us) you let go for pennies so readily
No fee was agreed, hence why Barca went to UEFA...

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alright Barca fans where's the hate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alright Barca fans where's the hate?

Post by Lex Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Buy back in 2 years for 8M
Wilshere and Ramsey'll have grown into their respective positions by then, so i'm all for your idea
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No fee was agreed, hence why Barca went to UEFA...
So Barcelona received NO money from the Fabregas move?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:55 pm

I don't see Barca fans crying over Arteta.

Heck...I doubt they even know Arteta's history to begin with
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:01 pm

lenear1030 wrote:Looks like AVB poached Romeu from you guys. You cant let Chelsea slide with this now....

(first to mention DNA gets a cookie)

Can someone get more idiotic than this?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:02 pm

Iceman wrote:I don't see Barca fans crying over Arteta.

Arteta is nearly 30 years old.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Iceman wrote:I don't see Barca fans crying over Arteta.

What's to cry about Arteta? We offloaded him when he was 19 because he had no future at Barça.

It's so different to Fabregas history it is not even funny.

You guys are making a fool of yourselves.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Lex wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:No fee was agreed, hence why Barca went to UEFA...
So Barcelona received NO money from the Fabregas move?

Use google, it's not that hard.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:15 pm

free_cat wrote:Use google, it's not that hard.
You obviously know the ins and outs of this "case", why don't you enlighten me

free_cat wrote:Can someone get more idiotic than this?
You're definitely a contender
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:24 pm

No mention of a buy back clause

Looks like they got him for £4.5m

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Lex wrote:
free_cat wrote:Use google, it's not that hard.
You obviously know the ins and outs of this "case", why don't you enlighten me

free_cat wrote:Can someone get more idiotic than this?
You're definitely a contender

Not really, It's very idiotic to have a go at Barça fans with the sell of Romeu, that is a completely agreed business between Barça and Chelsea, and that is actually a pretty good sell for us, as the lad is almost unknown and will never reach Barça starting quality.

On Fabregas: Arsenal signed him without paying anything, Barça sued Arsenal to FIFA, and you were condemned to pay at least formation fees (around 300.000€). The same happened with Merida, but you then had to pay around 4 milion (only time we've actually ripped you).

So compare Romeu case to Fabregas is idiotic.

Now you can try to replicate or counter argue, but those are all facts. I will probably get bad rep and you will get tons of good rep, but I'm right. It's just a display of the time you spend in general section and in this forum in general. You are the popular guy, it's ok.

Good night.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:07 am

I know Romeu was injured this past season for Barca B but your making it look like he's yesterday's trash... to me he has all it takes to take replace Busquets, and if he is not starting quality then why even include a buy-back clause
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:21 am

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:I know Romeu was injured this past season for Barca B but your making it look like he's yesterday's trash... to me he has all it takes to take replace Busquets, and if he is not starting quality then why even include a buy-back clause

No, no, he is not trash. Romeu is a good player. Great physique, very good defending. I just don't think he will be good enough for Barça because he is not great when it comes to passing and ball control, and our midfields need this trademark. Then I also don't think he is a better defender than Mascherano, neither that he can be a better defender than Machete. But he is a good player really. Very "Chelseaesque".

He might become starting quality for Barça, but that would be when Busquets start to decline, and Romeu is just 3 years younger than Busquets... so a sell it's quite understandable.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:22 am

So Arsenal did wrong, Barcelona sued, they got their money and all was well in both worlds

Suddenly, eight years later, the story goes that we stole Fabregas from Barca (bound, gagged and made off with him in Wengers 4x4 if you're to believe the mayor of wherever) Barcelona didn't get a cent and now we're holding him for ransom because Barcelona aren't willing to pay what he's worth to get him back

I'm not the one comparing here, but with both cases, you got your money and both players moved to different clubs. Arsenal's actions were unjust, but were then rectified when you got your 300k, thus settling the matter there. You mean to say Barcelona couldn't have fought harder to get him back if they really wanted him? Again, you can't agree to sell something, then try to get it back some time later when you realize its worth and value have skyrocketed

free_cat wrote:I will probably get bad rep and you will get tons of good rep, but I'm right. It's just a display of the time you spend in general section and in this forum in general. You are the popular guy, it's ok
What makes you say that? I'm sure Lionel Messi and co. are scouting this thread like hawks waiting to pounce and hand out rep accordingly
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:24 am

So because Fabregas chose to go to Arsenal, and chose to ditch Barca, that makes us the bad guys?

He was not under any sort of binding contract...why would we go to Barca and pay 4-5 million for him when we have the option to get him for free? It was his choice, and Arsenal were in no way wrong in their transaction.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:25 am

free_cat wrote:the lad is almost unknown and will never reach Barça starting quality
How known was Fabregas when Arsenal bought him?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:25 am

Lex wrote:So Arsenal did wrong, Barcelona sued, they got their money and all was well in both worlds

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

No need to reply with these unnacuracies.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:28 am

Lex, our actions weren't "wrong". It was COMPLETELY Fabregas' choice. He chose to come to our club.

If Barca fans are slating us for "holding him hostage" then, surely, they must understand his situation back then and agree that there was absolutely nothing wrong with what happened.

Now that I think about it...what on earth are Barca doing? They're running after a player that chose to leave them. Doesn't make sense to me, no matter how "home-grown" they see him to be.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:28 am

free_cat wrote:No need to reply with these unnacuracies.
Putting up cute little emoticons won't make my statement any less true. You got your money, we got our player and Barcelona shut up about the "injustice" for almost a decade until all the world class midfielders they had dried up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:28 am

Lex wrote:
free_cat wrote:the lad is almost unknown and will never reach Barça starting quality
How known was Fabregas when Arsenal bought him?

And that is relevant cause...? If a player is not known, you can just go and try to sign him without paying anything? Lex world is cool! I can imagine you going to the supermarket and getting the least known brand of cereals, milk, etc without paying! Very Happy

FYI: He was the second best player in the best Barça youth team in decades.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 am

Lex wrote:
free_cat wrote:No need to reply with these unnacuracies.
Putting up cute little emoticons won't make my statement any less true. You got your money, we got our player and Barcelona shut up about the "injustice" for almost a decade until all the world class midfielders they had dried up

Not really, Fabregas case was an issue among Barça media and fans all along. You are just very missinformed.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 am

Iceman wrote:Lex, our actions weren't "wrong". It was COMPLETELY Fabregas' choice. He chose to come to our club
I'm just playing devil's advocate and trying to have a structured debate

But then i remembered i'm talking to free_cat
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:32 am

Its fine Lex, we both know we're right so its pointless to continue debating with him
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 am

Lex wrote:
Iceman wrote:Lex, our actions weren't "wrong". It was COMPLETELY Fabregas' choice. He chose to come to our club
I'm just playing devil's advocate and trying to have a structured debate

But then i remembered i'm talking to free_cat

Yeap, you really shouldn't debate about something you didn't even know how it happened, as you proved repeatedly in this thread.

Last edited by free_cat on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 am

Lex wrote:I'm not the one comparing here, but with both cases, you got your money and both players moved to different clubs. Arsenal's actions were unjust, but were then rectified when you got your 300k, thus settling the matter there. You mean to say Barcelona couldn't have fought harder to get him back if they really wanted him? Again, you can't agree to sell something, then try to get it back some time later when you realize its worth and value have skyrocketed
Huge difference between selling a player with a fair fee that both parties agree to and giving a contract to a 16 year old when Barca can't do anything to defend themselves, Barca find themselves wronged, and they get compensation for the training spent on him, not his actual value. Barca never agreed to anything, as you're trying to claim.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:36 am

free_cat wrote:Not really, Fabregas case was an issue among Barça media and fans all along. You are just very missinformed.
Or you're just fabricating things out of thin air to save face. Again, when Rijkaard and Ronaldinho arrive and started winning trophies, not once did i EVER hear ANYONE talk about how "Fabregas has a chloroform-soaked hanky put over his face and dragged away in the night"

The timing is perfect; Xavi is reaching the end of his prime with no-one to replace him and a non-issue that had been settled up eight years ago and was nothing more than a lingering thought in everyone's head suddenly becomes the biggest heist in history
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next